Favorite WDW Restaurants from the Past

TinkerBelle8878

The old and very fattening shakes at Beaches and Cream (Much bigger than they are now and made with half and half) and the Chicken pot pies they used to have at the Yacht'sman Steak house and The Yacht and Beach Club. This was in the early 90s when the resort first opened.

clc053103

not a restaurant, but a bar- the Catwalk in disney MGM. It was the only place to get a drink in the park, it was practically hidden as if to say "If you are going to drink here, we want to make sure no one sees you!"

The Pro- I am thrilled that someone remembers the handwiches!!!! I wish they would bring them back, they gave me a reason to pass on a Cosmic Ray's burger, and they are hard to pass up!

meekoman

Our favorite was the old Chef Mickey's at the Marketplace before they wrecked it and replaced it with Rainforest Cafe.

surfsupdon

The old Captain's Tavern at Caribbean Beach. The original design and theme was much better than Shutters. Food remains the same--I like it.

maggiegrace1

At Fort Wilderness they used to have a pizza bar where you put on all the toppings that you want and then they bake it for you. I always liked that as a youngster.
That was our favorite also...we used to put our names on pieces of foil and make the pizza the way we wanted...Soo fun and so good..:):slurp:

LowesChevy

From the Pro-The Fireworks Factory was a great restaurant (ribs!) at Pleasure Island

I also loved Tangeroa Terrace at the Polynesian for breakfast.

The Pueblo Room at the Contemporary always had good food as well. This is an old one, not sure how many people remember it.

and I shall not forget to honor the late Fiesta Food & Fun Center

The "Pro"

Original Poster
From the Pro-The Fireworks Factory was a great restaurant (ribs!) at Pleasure Island

I also loved Tangeroa Terrace at the Polynesian for breakfast.

The Pueblo Room at the Contemporary always had good food as well. This is an old one, not sure how many people remember it.

and I shall not forget to honor the late Fiesta Food & Fun Center

Was the Fiesta Food & Fun Center at the Contemporary?

SuzieN

Minnie Mia's was an adorable little Italian place in the marketplace where my sis and I had the best chicken parmesan in the early '90's!

kramden88

I know the '50s Prime Time Cafe is still around but I liked it much more back when there was all the banter. It's not the same these days.

NiarrNDisney

not a restaurant, but a bar- the Catwalk in disney MGM. It was the only place to get a drink in the park, it was practically hidden as if to say "If you are going to drink here, we want to make sure no one sees you!"

There are two other "actual" Bars at DHS the Tune in Lounge and the one on the side of the Studio Catering Co. (High Octane) though I don't believe it was open in the beginning.

NORMNB8S

I miss the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary. The food was good, and it was nice with the monorail going silently overhead.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
There was a place called Goofy Burger, Im not sure if it was in Downtown Disney or the Disney Village, I just remember wanting to eat there everyday as a kid. Anyone remember this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom