Favorite Memory of Disney everyone says couldn't've happened, but you swear it did!

durhay

I remember back in the early-to-mid 80s a monorail spiel where everything was repeated in Spanish, not just "please stand clear of the doors". The whole trip from TTC to EPCOT was bilingual.

JillC LI

This one's true. Over 30 years ago, my family visited the World for the first time. My little sister was about 6 years ago. We were in the Haunted Mansion, at the part where you go past the mirrors and it looks like the ghosts are in the buggy with you. Well as we looked into the mirrors, my sister let out a scream which we all assumed was fear of the ghosts. Turned out that at that very moment, she must've put her hand down on something sharp because she had gotten a tiny cut on her finger. For years and years she swore that one of the ghosts in the mirror had bitten her! She was absolutely convinced of it. LOL

She went back to the World for the first time since then last October, and although she denied it, I could tell she was a tiny bit nervous to go into the Haunted Mansion again! :ROFLOL:

Disney_Belle

I swear I remember riding through a whale's mouth on a boat, such as in the Storybook Land Canal Boats when I went to WDW when I was 4, however, I know its impossible lol. I must have seen it on a commercial or something because I remember it! I also remember going underwater in the pool at the Poly when I was 4, of course the pool only had 2 feet of water, but I thought I was drowning, and I particularly remember Mickey pulling me to safety haha. Oh how the imagination ran wild back then!

sydney

i dont, but my dad swore that the big christmas tree on main street (at christmas time) was there year round, and when we would visit in the summer he would say that disney was messing with him. :ROFLOL:

Walt Disney1955

I swear I remember riding through a whale's mouth on a boat, such as in the Storybook Land Canal Boats when I went to WDW when I was 4, however, I know its impossible lol. I must have seen it on a commercial or something because I remember it! I also remember going underwater in the pool at the Poly when I was 4, of course the pool only had 2 feet of water, but I thought I was drowning, and I particularly remember Mickey pulling me to safety haha. Oh how the imagination ran wild back then!

I have never been to Disneyland but I believe you go into a whale's mouth on the Storybook Land Canal Boats. Could you be confusing that with the short lived boat ride at WDW?

Disney_Belle

I have never been to Disneyland but I believe you go into a whale's mouth on the Storybook Land Canal Boats. Could you be confusing that with the short lived boat ride at WDW?

I should have rephrased lol... I remember it being exactly like the whale in the Storybook Land Canals... however I have never been to DL lol... I don't really remember what else it could have been!

balletgirl2

I remember waiting in line for over an hour for a boat ride in AK the year it opened. None of my family remembers this and call me nuts even though I know those boats were there.:brick:

rodserling27

I thought of another one...I can remember, on multiple occasions, the little "drop" in POTC being a lot longer. For exmaple, on one trip I remember riding it two times in a row, and the first time the drop lasted like a solid 5 seconds. We rode it again and it was instant...But I can't ever find evidence to back up this claim! :shrug:

rainfully

I very specifically remember feeling without a shadow of a doubt that Peter Pan was a water ride like Pirates or iasw... to the point where I argued with my mom about it. I guess to a little kid, the scene with Hook caught in the croc's mouth really looked like it was in water... and you *are* on a "boat" while riding... :lol:

Edisto Pluto

I remember waiting in line for over an hour for a boat ride in AK the year it opened. None of my family remembers this and call me nuts even though I know those boats were there.:brick:
I do as well. We waited for at least an hour and a storm came up and we could not get on. We went back six months later and the boats were no longer there.

annadseal

I used to think that Universe of Enegry was a boat ride.

I totally did too! When we went back as a family in 2005 after a ten year hiatus, I was SHOCKED when we rode UoE. I remember leaning over to my mom and being like, "I wonder when they changed the ride...?" and she was like, "Uhhh, what?"

Future Guy

I thought there was a whimsical, timeless 11-minute ride in the Imagination pavilion with a character called Dreamfinder who was much cooler than Eric Idle, and that the ImageWorks was upstairs, and . . .

Wait? That actually happened? And they replaced it that cheap carnival ride that couldn't entertain Forrest Gump? NOOOOOooooooooo!

Okay, seriously I used to think that Centorium was attached to Earth Station. I thought I remembered walking through there on our way out of EPCOT in 1988.

SJFPKT

Wow! I'm so glad this thread rocks!
This one is from my wonderful sister -
she combined parts of Horizons and Spaceship Earth, but definitely remembers the descent in SSE including getting hit in the face with the smell of oranges and seeing people living under water.
-Nicholas

Horizons

stargrl33

I don't have too many memories of my 1984 trip since I was only 5 but I seemed to recall that the drop on Pirates was at the end...So when I rode it again in '03 it surprised me when it was at the beginning...

I also always thought and remembered the drop being at the end....I think this is because I had a Disney Sing-along video that might have showed the drop AFTER the last scene on the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom