Favorite Memory of Disney everyone says couldn't've happened, but you swear it did!

KingdomHeart

Original Poster
Hey all!

There's been a few threads about random memories that no one else can seem to corroborate. I know we've heard about, and would love to have them post about it again both unique memories about Jungle Cruise and Tower of Terror.

Personally? As a child, I remember a few things that are very clearly wrong now, but I swear to god I would swear they were real. Number one, I remember that Alien Encounter had a moment where the Alien like got in your face. Which now I know could not happen. But I remember him jumping out and scaring the ever-loving tihs out of me.

Also? I'm telling you right now, without hesitation or question, I would've sworn that the World Showcase was in a totally different order. Like, nothing like this. Japan and china were right next to each other. There was also some kind of Spain pavilion that was not the Mexico one. I would swear.

Anyone else remember wacky things that they can't prove?
-Nicholas

raven

My brother-in-law swears last spring he came out of The Land and walked across the street to ride the Tomorrowland Speedway.

Tink313

I could have sworn that the ride in the Imagination pavilion was much longer, had some old guy with a beard and a hot air balloon in it and had a really good story line.:lookaroun

OMG :eek: That is the same way I remember it. Weird isnt, children and thier imaginations :lookaroun

:lol::ROFLOL:

Animaniac93-98

I could have sworn that the ride in the Imagination pavilion was much longer, had some old guy with a beard and a hot air balloon in it and had a really good story line.:lookaroun

That never happened, and the rainbow hallway thing and the whole upstairs? Crazy talk. Just like the 3-D movie with Micheal Jackson, it's all in your head.

Now enjoy the totally and unquestionably amazing and completely lives up to it's name "Imagination!" pavilion!

Tink313

That never happened, and the rainbow hallway thing and the whole upstairs? Crazy talk. Just like the 3-D movie with Micheal Jackson, it's all in your head.

Now enjoy the totally and unquestionably amazing and completely lives up to it's name "Imagination!" pavilion!

So...there wasnt a 3-D movie that had a really cute furry creature that flew out to me as if I could hold him in my hand and waved bye to me :lookaroun

Wow that Florida sun is a killer :hammer:

:lol:

njDizFan

Yeah, that ToT theory is mine. I totally remember the car inching out over the park just a bit, then going back in right before the drop.
Apparently it never happened, though... who knew?
I swear the the elevator went outside the building also

wdwfan100

I remember something similar in the Magic Kingdom. When I was a kid I could have sworn that where Wnnie the pooh now resides, there was a light hearted, entertaining ride about some hijinks of a toad. Strange how the mind plays tricks on you.

WDWmazprty

I remember something similar in the Magic Kingdom. When I was a kid I could have sworne that where Wnnie the pooh now resides, there was a light hearted, entertaining ride about some hijinks of a toad. Strange how the mind plays tricks on you.

toady.gif

Man! It was soooo real!

hwdelien

Aside from all of the "tongue in cheek" comments that this thread has been reduced to, I strongly remembered from my first trip in 1976 that IASW was round more like COP didn't remember the boat at all.

Club Cooloholic

Hey all!

Also? I'm telling you right now, without hesitation or question, I would've sworn that the World Showcase was in a totally different order. Like, nothing like this. Japan and china were right next to each other. There was also some kind of Spain pavilion that was not the Mexico one. I would swear.

-Nicholas

I have to agree. I had not been to Epcot for awhile and went last year, and I was completly confused by the layout. England was not where I remembered it, Mexico. The only thing I can think is that I entered from a different way the last time I was there and that threw off my whole inner compass.

Tom Morrow

Wasn't there a billboard somewhere down there that had the elevator leaning out of the building?
You might be thinking of the huge sign on World Drive, which is still there after all these years. The elevator appears to be outside of the building on this sign.

Also, some of the early artwork, posters, and Studios guidemap covers of ToT showed the elevator outside of the building for some reason... this may have contributed to people thinking it used to go outside of the building.

klineski96

When I was about 6 or 7, towards the end of a long long day, waiting for the Main Street Electrical Parade, I convinced my oldest brother there was a place to eat at MK called Baloo's Burritos. Of course I knew there wasn't, but I knew how hungry he was at the time and I knew how much he loved Taco Bell burritos.

When I told him I was just joking, it actually made him sad :eek: Whoops!

I remember feeling bad for messing with him, but 25 years later we still laugh and joke about Baloo's Burritos.

Maybe it was me just getting even with him for all the bogus, one sided, totally unfair baseball card trades I fell for! LOL Good times, good times. :)

Animaniac93-98

EPCOT had a wand? Oh, wait that was a nightmare.:lookaroun:lol:

*asleep, tossign and turning in bed*

Kid: Wand. Big. Epcot. Won't Leave. Still there. Won't leave! Won't Leave! Wand! LEAVE!!!

*wakes up*

Kid: Mommy! Mommy! I dreamed there was a big wand at Epcot!

Mom: Oh honey you're just thinking of the big hat at the Studios.

Kid: AHHHHHHH!!!!!! Hat!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom