FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

If I’m going to be paying hundreds of dollars you better believe I want unlimited anytime use. If I’m getting Maxpass East I’m not going to spend over $100. I’m also not going to spend $100 for scheduled limited amount Fastpass. It’s about convince and if you set a rigid schedule I want no part in this. This is going to be a PR disaster for Disney if they expect people to spend $100 to get a 10 am HM FP, 12 noon Pirates and a 5 pm Splash Mtn FP.

Naplesgolfer

If I’m going to be paying hundreds of dollars you better believe I want unlimited anytime use. If I’m getting Maxpass East I’m not going to spend over $100. I’m also not going to spend $100 for scheduled limited amount Fastpass. It’s about convince and if you set a rigid schedule I want no part in this. This is going to be a PR disaster for Disney if they expect people to spend $100 to get a 10 am HM FP, 12 noon Pirates and a 5 pm Splash Mtn FP.
I am guessing more like 30-35 for a pack of 3, based on Shanghai pricing of $28. But who knows Disney is know for last minute changes and program cancelations.

Jrb1979

I am guessing more like 30-35 for a pack of 3, based on Shanghai pricing of $28. But who knows Disney is know for last minute changes and program cancelations.
Too cheap in that too many will still buy it. From the hints it does sound like it's going that way. They just need to charge enough that most won't buy it.

Naplesgolfer

Too cheap in that too many will still buy it. From the hints it does sound like it's going that way. They just need to charge enough that most won't buy it.
If they limit them it could work somewhat. Many guests received 3 in advance for free before and then a also unknown number where issued every day to guest booking more after using their first 3. If the pool is smaller than whatever it used to be there might be a slight improvement for standby wait times. They have all the data so it will be interesting to see how they play this.

MurphyJoe

Did a little digging and found some screenshots of some of Shanghai's Premier Access bundles for the curious. Bundle sizes (at least those screenshotted) are 3, 6, and 8.

Who wants to bet that one of the "perks" of an annual pass will be 3 "free" Fast passes?

Limited to the top tier pass with only one being available per visit, I bet.

Attachments

• ShanghaiPremierAccess_Crop_1-675x1200.png
    ShanghaiPremierAccess_Crop_1-675x1200.png
    209 KB · Views: 237
  • ShanghaiPremierAccess_Crop_2-675x1200.png
    ShanghaiPremierAccess_Crop_2-675x1200.png
    197.5 KB · Views: 208
  • ShanghaiPremierAccess_Crop_6-675x1200.png
    ShanghaiPremierAccess_Crop_6-675x1200.png
    220.1 KB · Views: 251

hopemax

@marni1971

Is there any self-awareness from WDW or corporate as to how unbalanced attendance, capacity, Fastpass distribution is? Do they recognize the error building new attractions with the capacities they have? Whatever FP option comes next, is the expectation that the distribution of Fastpass vs Standby stays about where it's been or is there consideration of the standby experience and in the future, the goal of FP distribution as a total of ride seats will be more limited? Or is it just demand >> supply = $$$, nothing changes, except the credit card receipts for the privilege.

Also, did anyone here purchase lot 1025 from the Van Eaton Disney auction with the report of MK floor plans and capacities through 1975? I was kinda dreaming @lentesta bought it and would be willing to share the numbers. But at $5K before buyer premium, all of us regular folks were probably priced out.

Parker in NYC

They could charge holiday party prices and people would still buy them. I can just see them selling too many and then pointing to the standby queue wait time. "Sure, you have a 55 minute wait in line for Peter Pan but look, their wait is 180 minutes!" Phew, good thing I bought those FastPasses!

MickeyLuv'r

They could charge holiday party prices and people would still buy them. I can just see them selling too many and then pointing to the standby queue wait time. "Sure, you have a 55 minute wait in line for Peter Pan but look, their wait is 180 minutes!" Phew, good thing I bought those FastPasses!
I don't think that would fly very well.

If someone has paid for an express/FP-type pass, then they'd expect 15minutes or less to be the norm.

If paid FP queues ever reached a norm of 55min, people who bought it would be irate.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Also, did anyone here purchase lot 1025 from the Van Eaton Disney auction with the report of MK floor plans and capacities through 1975? I was kinda dreaming @lentesta bought it and would be willing to share the numbers. But at $5K before buyer premium, all of us regular folks were probably priced out.
DisneyDocs.net has a 1973 report with all of that available to read for free

757CF5D5-ADF2-4BFB-AD4A-1C62EB5465A1.png

Mark48

I have given this paid Fast pass option a lot of thought and I am left with 1 inescapable conclusion: No matter the argument, a paid option benefits the company and ONLY the company. I don't feel it shocking to state that in the meetings governing this change the phrase
" How will this effect our guests financially " has not been uttered once.

Disney Glimpses

I have given this paid Fast pass option a lot of thought and I am left with 1 inescapable conclusion: No matter the argument, a paid option benefits the company and ONLY the company. I don't feel it shocking to state that in the meetings governing this change the phrase
" How will this effect our guests financially " has not been uttered once.
Depends how easy it is to get a FP on a whim. 60 day FP is nice but once you exhaust those, you're done for the E-tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom