FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker in NYC

True enough...and four of those deluxe stays were club level. I do not mind paying for a good vacation.

But we got so much more that is gone now. Disney should be offering discounts and not skyrocketing prices and adding new fees. Why should I want to pay more than my last Contemporary visit when I have no EPCOT Monorail; no relaxing boat ride to Wilderness Lodge; no watercraft rental; no package delivery back to the resort; lack of housekeeping...not to mention fireworks, FP+, ADRs, and the fact that many current Disney menus are IMO terrible reflections of what they had before.

As a consumer, I will purchase only what I see as beneficial to me. I cannot pay the current rates for what is being offered.
Agreed. Although, watch out, someone is going to suggest that a good vacation can be had without staying club level despite the fact that they know entirely what you mean in this context but choose to be silly,

LittleBuford

I don't think the park admission itself is bad value, especially when compared to other parks/attractions. Other parts of the experience, like the resort rates, are not good value.
I don’t stay in Disney’s own hotels, largely because paying that much makes no sense for me as someone who is at the parks all day (no midday breaks or the like for me). So I too would consider the resorts bad value, but only because my own circumstances make them so. Others clearly feel differently and are happy to pay what Disney is asking for the experience.

Last edited:

Willmark

I think all of us who have gone to Disney for many years can definitely say we are getting less value than in the past. But that is different than good or bad value today. When looking at the nearest comparable product Universal it becomes very muddy to say which is giving better value or not based on many factors of ride type preference ,ages of the party going and on and on.

So It is understandable the difference in view points on absolute value. But no question we are getting less than 1995.2000,2005, 2010.
Yes, and?

I don’t see anything wrong with this statement, nor am I in disagreement with it.

Naplesgolfer

True enough...and four of those deluxe stays were club level. I do not mind paying for a good vacation.

But we got so much more that is gone now. Disney should be offering discounts and not skyrocketing prices and adding new fees. Why should I want to pay more than my last Contemporary visit when I have no EPCOT Monorail; no relaxing boat ride to Wilderness Lodge; no watercraft rental; no package delivery back to the resort; lack of housekeeping...not to mention fireworks, FP+, ADRs, and the fact that many current Disney menus are IMO terrible reflections of what they had before.

As a consumer, I will purchase only what I see as beneficial to me. I cannot pay the current rates for what is being offered.
I agree. But I hope much of what you mentioned is back in 6-12 months. A year from now Disney will not have the cover of Covid to disguise permanent cuts.

LittleBuford

I consider it excellent value for money, but then I also like FP+, so I know I’m in the minority here.
I received a shocked reaction from the legendary @marni1971. We can only opine based on our own feelings and experiences, and mine simply don’t line up with what many (most?) here are saying. Contrary to the declinist timeline that prevails in the forum, my last set of visits to WDW—between 2017 and early 2020—were far more enjoyable than the trips I took in 1991, 1996, and 2001. Perhaps I won’t feel the same when I return (the replacements being discussed for FP+ don’t sound at all appealing), but as of February 2020, which is when I last went, I can honestly say that the cost of a WDW trip was, for me at least, well worth it. It’s a unique kind of magic that one can’t get elsewhere—for any price.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I received a shocked reaction from the legendary @marni1971. We can only opine based on our own feelings and experiences, and mine simply don’t line up with what many (most?) here are saying. Contrary to the declinist timeline that prevails in the forum, my last set of visits to WDW—between 2017 and early 2020—were far more enjoyable than the trips I took in 1991, 1996, and 2001. Perhaps I won’t feel the same when I return (the replacements being discussed for FP+ don’t sound at all appealing), but as of February 2020, which is when I last went, I can honestly say that the cost of a WDW trip was, for me at least, well worth it. It’s a unique kind of magic that one can’t get elsewhere—for any price.

I’m curious your general age bracket? It’s an important reference point on the “then and now” opinions.

LittleBuford

I’m curious your general age bracket? It’s an important reference point on the “then and now” opinions.
I’m nearly 40.

More than age, I feel a really key factor is how central Disney itself is to the experience. For me, it’s critical: I have next to no interest in non-Disney theme parks. The idea that one could instead spend a day or two at Universal or SeaWorld makes absolutely no sense to me, because the ingredient that makes it all worthwhile (for me) is Disney itself.

Lil Copter Cap

I don't have a fully flesh-out opinion on this since there are so many ways this unannounced addition can take. I just hope (wish?) that if this occurs and people are willing to spend money on quicker access to rides, the money would be put back into the parks with new rides, upkeep, Design Services, etc.

But that wish seems...unlikely.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

You do realize that what you're complaining about is mostly temporary right?
Only thing that's really changing is the potential for having to pay for fastpasses and that was already a potential option for staying club level if you wanted it.

Jrb1979

I’m nearly 40.

More than age, I feel a really key factor is how central Disney itself is to the experience. For me, it’s critical: I have next to no interest in non-Disney theme parks. The idea that one could instead spend a day or two at Universal or SeaWorld makes absolutely no sense to me, because the ingredient that makes it all worthwhile (for me) is Disney itself.
For me I'm 42 and my interest is attractions and roller coasters. It's mainly that I want to get the most out of the intense coasters while my body can handle it. That may change shortly with the fact I have a 1 year old now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m nearly 40.

Ok...so you’re recent trips are your “adult” ones where you have control over how and where you want to be?

understandable.

here’s all I say:

seaworld is a very nice park. And one of the better zoo/amusement hybrids around. All AB parks are of really high quality...not Disney...but not a run down six flags either.

universal is themed and good quality...again not Disney...but not that far off. They have spent ten years making it a true resort/escape area as disney did in the 80s and 90s.

the key thing for me is the potter lands are the best additions to any theme park since they opened...avatar would be second...but not that close. They really are amazing...you miss them when you’re gone and I’m not even a potter fan. Only Disney used to do that for me.

Last edited:

Willmark

For me I'm 42 and my interest is attractions and roller coasters. It's mainly that I want to get the most out of the intense coasters while my body can handle it. That may change shortly with the fact I have a 1 year old now.
Disney has intense roller coasters?

LittleBuford

I stopped being able to handle intense rides in my 20s, but more power to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom