FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrojanUSC

That is not a safe assumption. Disney makes more money from more people buying FP. Having more people in FP lines will cause longer standby lines, but that will only further incentive people to buy FP, so it benefits them.

Paid FP inventory might be slightly less than Free FP, but it’s unlikely to be significantly less.

I just don't think this is true. They could sell as many as they want, but if there starts to be significant backups, as was the case with free FP many times, people will feel like they were getting ripped off. Disney has to thread the needle carefully by selling enough meet their goals, while limiting it so that the guests feel like they are getting what they paid for.

DisneyHead123

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that one proposal would keep a limited free tier.

Maybe something through Genie? Then if you're not paying, Genie gets to decide when and where you're getting a FP.

(Puts on "Let the wild speculation rumpus start!" hat, ha ha.)

I wonder if it could be a timed thing. For resort guests (60 days out) and ticket holders (30 days out) they sign up for a 3 hour time slot of Lightning Pass, with a limited number of slots in each time category. Then the add ons would be along the lines of an additional hour, 2 hours, a full evening, all day long, etc.

Chomama

(Puts on "Let the wild speculation rumpus start!" hat, ha ha.)

I wonder if it could be a timed thing. For resort guests (60 days out) and ticket holders (30 days out) they sign up for a 3 hour time slot of Lightning Pass, with a limited number of slots in each time category. Then the add ons would be along the lines of an additional hour, 2 hours, a full evening, all day long, etc.
Isn’t this getting unnecessarily complicated? I feel like Disney may try to use this opportunity to simplify. But then again it’s Disney. Plus IT. So who am I kidding?

Jrb1979

Isn’t this getting unnecessarily complicated? I feel like Disney may try to use this opportunity to simplify. But then again it’s Disney. Plus IT. So who am I kidding?
All the more reason to make it like Universal's system but limit to 1 use per ride.

aaronml

I just don't think this is true. They could sell as many as they want, but if there starts to be significant backups, as was the case with free FP many times, people will feel like they were getting ripped off. Disney has to thread the needle carefully by selling enough meet their goals, while limiting it so that the guests feel like they are getting what they paid for.
Disney already had to carefully manage FP line wait times…. guests already tended to have a sense of entitlement w.r.t FP (e.g. “I spent thousands of dollars on a trip and booked my FP months in advance just to wait 30 mins in line instead of 50”, etc.).

Paid FP might change that equation slightly, but not significantly. “FP lines are too long” isn’t one of the more common criticisms of FP.

TrojanUSC

Disney already had to carefully manage FP line wait times…. guests already tended to have a sense of entitlement w.r.t FP (e.g. “I spent thousands of dollars on a trip and booked my FP months in advance just to wait 30 mins in line instead of 50”, etc.).

Paid FP might change that equation slightly, but not significantly. “FP lines are too long” isn’t one of the more common criticisms of FP.

The common belief among WDW leadership over the last 5+ years is that FP+ unnecessarily complicated park operations, especially when it started to be available on every single ride. The goal with this reset is to make it more manageable all around by doing three things:

1) Reduce the impact on park operations by not offering it on every attraction.
2) Have less FPs out there in total.
3) Most importantly, make money.

They can achieve all of this pretty easily and is part of their plan.

Jrb1979

Looks like you see experiencing parks as chore or something you have to endure?

As if Wife left you a list of chores and expected you to complete it before she gets home from work.

Or as if you have better things to do and want to finish up as soon as possible.
For me I don't want to waste time standing in lines. The less time I am around others shoulder to shoulder the better.

jt04

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that one proposal would keep a limited free tier.

Maybe something through Genie? Then if you're not paying, Genie gets to decide when and where you're getting a FP.

I think you will have some options through the app. When I heard about it my initial thought was that genie will be primarily helping guests find low wait time options, order meals and find characters. Stuff like that. Even reminders of fireworks times, parades etc. Basically a virtual concierge.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I would rather wait 2 hours for space and than walk on pirates...vs 45 and 45. (Example) also you know they could just....build more rides
...instead of replacing rides with rides adding almost no capacity to parks that have had attendance sky rocket. Why is fp+ or pricing the only answer? Why cant they just build more attractions...specifically more C ticket attractions that gobble people....
That scenario isn't realistic. You wouldn't wait 2 hours for space and then walk on pirates. Your choice is 2 hours for space vs 50 minutes for pirates, or 60 minutes for pirates and 10 minutes for space (FP).

Agree with you on them building more rides - but that's years off unfortunately. So in the mean time, I would rather have FP.

Roy G. Dis

I wonder if they'll do FLASH SALES of FPs to rides throughout the day to sell a perishable good/get crowds moved a certain direction. All very fun economics tinkering they could play around with.

nickys

Premium Member
I'm guessing Disney figure with VQ that a guest gets to ride more attractions? Evidence has proven if you place a gift shop at the end of a ride, that people are more likely to be tempted to buy a souvenir. So the more rides a guest can do in a day increases the likelihood of purchasing more items. The likes of you and I probably aren't tempted as we've been many times, but don't underestimate other people in the park who don't have our mindset.
I haven’t been many times though! It’s more likely because I don’t have young kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom