FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt9112

That scenario isn't realistic. You wouldn't wait 2 hours for space and then walk on pirates. Your choice is 2 hours for space vs 50 minutes for pirates, or 60 minutes for pirates and 10 minutes for space (FP).

Agree with you on them building more rides - but that's years off unfortunately. So in the mean time, I would rather have FP.

Years off....for decades they let the parks stagnate imho. Sue stuff was built. But not nesrly enough. I would also argue they pay wayyyy too much for rides. They pride themselves on the little details but they seem to miss the big picture (capacity)

mergatroid

I think those saying it would replace the VIP will be slightly off. I'd imagine Disney would keep the VIP option and probably up the price for it. The reason being not everybody buys a VIP package just to ride the attractions, but for a status reason and 'security'. For example a famous celebrity who would be easily spotted may want a VIP just so they have a cast member with them, that way if a guest starts following them around then the CM could get security. These celebrity types probably wouldn't be that bothered if Disney upped the VIP cost so I can still see that option still being available but with less demand.

havoc315

$5,000 is for 10 guests (it's also way more than just skipping lines).

Very different than $8,000 for 4 guests.

And even if that were the case, them "selling out" tours means nothing. The number of tours is quite limited: 1,000-2,000 people per day. Certainly their new FP product would need to appeal to far more people than that.

There are no where near enough people willing to spend that money on FastPass, the program would be a massive failure.

Hell, you could get 6 FastPass+ reservations 90 days in advance for only $50 per day per person while staying club level; that program failed miserably according to multiple sources.

Real talk though, it's not going to cost that much money lol. Worst case is likely $1,000 per person for a week.

-The whole point is that it would be a limited product. Broader than VIP tours, but far less than the old FP.

-Reality is, most guests wouldn’t buy it for every day of their trip. It would likely hold the greatest appeal to those on short trips— like cruise-day visitors. But even those staying a week, many might just buy it for a couple of days.

-There is no reason WDW wouldn’t be able to charge just as much as Universal, which is easily $100-300 per person, per day.

-yes that’s expensive. That’s the point. At $50 per person per day, you’d have way too much demand. Almost everyone would want it.
Now take Christmas guests at Grand Floridian, paying $2,000+ per night. Paying $15,000 for a week of the hotel. 3 days of $300 FP for a family of 4… $3600 is a lot of money. But it’s less than 2 nights of the hotel.
Or take low season… $100 per day, at a time when deluxe hotels go for $400-1000 per night. Still nothing compared to the hotel cost.

- Disney sells plenty of after hour tickets for $120+. They sell dessert parties for $80+… which people primarily pay just to get a good fireworks view.
So skipping every line, all day…. That’s worth far more than a dessert party. Skipping to the front of lines for 10-12 hours is worth far more than a 3-hour after-hour event.

-I simply can’t imagine a cost of under ~$150 per person, per day.

dreday3

Obviously Disney can do whatever they want, charge whatever they want and (some) people would be able to pay it.

All I know is that for just the two of us at $200 extra dollars a ticket for each park (if it went that high) - we'd be priced out after 2 parks. And just those 2 parks would be an extra $800 I'm not willing to spend right now. They are already killing us with hotel prices.
Although, I think we would def buy for DHS.

At least I would hope you are allowed to add on to the park even the day of so I could make irresponsible vacationdayhaze decisions! 😂

Last edited:

orky8

-The whole point is that it would be a limited product. Broader than VIP tours, but far less than the old FP.

-Reality is, most guests wouldn’t buy it for every day of their trip. It would likely hold the greatest appeal to those on short trips— like cruise-day visitors. But even those staying a week, many might just buy it for a couple of days.

-There is no reason WDW wouldn’t be able to charge just as much as Universal, which is easily $100-300 per person, per day.

-yes that’s expensive. That’s the point. At $50 per person per day, you’d have way too much demand. Almost everyone would want it.
Now take Christmas guests at Grand Floridian, paying $2,000+ per night. Paying $15,000 for a week of the hotel. 3 days of $300 FP for a family of 4… $3600 is a lot of money. But it’s less than 2 nights of the hotel.
Or take low season… $100 per day, at a time when deluxe hotels go for $400-1000 per night. Still nothing compared to the hotel cost.

- Disney sells plenty of after hour tickets for $120+. They sell dessert parties for $80+… which people primarily pay just to get a good fireworks view.
So skipping every line, all day…. That’s worth far more than a dessert party. Skipping to the front of lines for 10-12 hours is worth far more than a 3-hour after-hour event.

-I simply can’t imagine a cost of under ~$150 per person, per day.
Completely agree. People saying that $100-$300 a day is prohibitively expensive are missing that that's exactly the point. It has to be prohibitively expensive to limit demand or it won't work.

If they do this, I'd say look at Universal's prices as the floor, and then probably add at least $50-$100.

jt04

Completely agree. People saying that $100-$300 a day is prohibitively expensive are missing that that's exactly the point. It has to be prohibitively expensive to limit demand or it won't work.

If they do this, I'd say look at Universal's prices as the floor, and then probably add at least $50-$100.

Exactly. They have to price them so it is limited. Probably only a certain number each day and "when they're gone they're gone"

Such a system is fine with me if it finances new attractions and content.

dreday3

Exactly. They have to price them so it is limited. Probably only a certain number each day and "when they're gone they're gone"

I wonder if it would be free for deluxe hotel stays...

If so, I wonder if I could convince them that Gran Destino is a deluxe hotel....

😂

havoc315

Or prices high enough that they don’t have to limit the supply— the high price limits it enough.

jt04

I wonder if it would be free for deluxe hotel stays...

If so, I wonder if I could convince them that Gran Destino is a deluxe hotel....

😂

It definitely won't be free lol. But I could see them adding fastpasses to the app and other perks based on type of accomadation.

Incomudro

If some people had a problem with Fast Pass as a form of line skipping (I didn't), there will really be a problem with a new system if it's a rich person's line skipping.
I can't imagine the price being too high if such a system gets put in place, because you'd be putting a queue for people who could afford a steep upcharge right alongside a queue for those that can't.
Might as well put a dollar sign $ above the queue rather than a lightning bolt.

Jrb1979

If some people had a problem with Fast Pass as a form of line skipping (I didn't), there will really be a problem with a new system if it's a rich person's line skipping.
I can't imagine the price being too high if such a system gets put in place, because you'd be putting a queue for people who could afford a steep upcharge right alongside a queue for those that can't.
Might as well put a dollar sign $ above the queue rather than a lightning bolt.
Every other park does it and I have never seen people complain about it

dreday3

Yeah everyone gets 1 free one. You pay if you want more.

We'll see what happens!

So many things come into play - if they start offering after hours for each park, then I'd rather pay for those than get an express pass type of pass. Just personal preference - rather be in the park at night with limited people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom