FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But I don't understand why we have to pay for something that was free before COVID -19. If Disney needs more money, they could improve merchandising. There are many attractive whose merchandising is ridiculous. But, paying for FP? I think it is a crazy solution.
Oh my friend…Michael Eisner left 17 years ago…you are way behind the curve on this one.

Lil Copter Cap

Balancing guest experience and shareholders/revenue is the forever issue.

Boarding groups for RotR are arguably the hottest ticket in town, but remember just because you pay for theme park tickets to Hollywood Studios doesn't mean you'll be riding the ride. You get the opportunity to try and gain access.

This is a slippery slope and I'm not one to play into storytelling about an existence that isn't reality. But the next logical step, as stated above, is charging for access to rides. (Ticket books 2.0)

edit: typos

jpinkc

Looking at this disgusting spectacle in Paris, I would not be surprised to see Rat at $25 with a "Surge Price" even higher. I love Disney but this is just getting to be to much. I know we are going in Nov. But I may have to break my families heart and tell them we are done. Its such a blatant gouge to customers who with love carried the parks thru the dark times, and Walts Dream of it being a place for everyone is Truly Dead.

CaptainAmerica

Looking at this disgusting spectacle in Paris, I would not be surprised to see Rat at $25 with a "Surge Price" even higher. I love Disney but this is just getting to be to much. I know we are going in Nov. But I may have to break my families heart and tell them we are done. Its such a blatant gouge to customers who with love carried the parks thru the dark times, and Walts Dream of it being a place for everyone is Truly Dead.
I think you're overreacting, mate.

Oh my friend…Michael Eisner left 17 years ago…you are way behind the curve on this one.
Tickets prices have risen a lot and in general all the prices are risen. I think this is the most stupid idea that Disney have generated in years. Everyone pays an important amount of money for merchandising. However, if I had to pay for attractions, I would not pay for merchandising since a park day is really expensive. Maybe,we need someone like Michael Eisner and not like Bob Chapeck. He doesn't know how to manage Disney

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh I don’t intend to. But I believe enough other people will that it will really hinder my own experience.
But those people will steer the product/pricing away from you. And that’s always the underlying problem.

the public is steering toward groupthink to alter the valuation of the product.

so the next time somebody feels compelled to say “why do YOU care what I want to buy?!?”

…no need for me to answer it again.

dreday3

You don't have to buy it...just wait in line.

CaptainAmerica

We would be avoiding this if they actually had spent money on expanding their parks.
You mean like Galaxy's Edge? Toy Story Land? DCA 2.0? New Fantasyland? How many new cruise ships? The massive Epcot overhaul that was interrupted by a global pandemic?

Domestic Parks capital expenditure has not been lacking. The problem is, when Disney builds new stuff, the crowds show up in even bigger droves to experience it. Price increases are absolutely appropriate. My objection to the Paris system is not that it's more expensive, it's that it makes the parks needlessly complicated. I would have much rather had them raise ticket prices by 25%.

GimpYancIent

It is not critical to use FP to enjoy a day at WDW. It is not a race to see how many rides can be done by the end of the day. It is not an Olympic competition rather its supposed to be about fun, enjoyment and (brace yourselves) relaxation. I see no need for FP anyway.

UNCgolf

Someone asked upthread about the booking window for these -- this is just speculation on my part, but I'd assume no advanced booking; i.e. everything sold day of.

I don't think many people would pay to buy one in advance when they don't know if they'd actually need it, and it would also make you completely locked in with no ability to change/alter plans. It will also be much easier for Disney to sell them at a higher price day of when people see a long line and decide they don't want to wait in it.

Andrew M

Well, a person my ride 10 rides on a typical day. If they paid $10 per ride, that would be $100 for the whole day!! That's ridiculous. No one would pay $100 for one day in a Disney park!!!
$100 per person for fastpasses, plus $125 for a park ticket, plus $200/night for a hotel... so $1,325 for a day at Disney for a family of 5, and we didn't cover food yet. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom