FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizgirl

Toy Story Land only added 2 attractions, both of them with atrocious capacity at a park with horrible ride capacity and outdated shows. New Fantasyland offers 2 D-Tickets.

A good % of guests have only one day at visiting the parks, so they themselves need to do as much as possible. We as fans, passholders, repeating visitors don't need to do everything.
The fact that you had to go back to New Fantasyland to fill out your list speaks volumes.

aliceismad

Are you sure? I disagree with you. This new system is a form of finishing FP system. When people paid for ride, it was different. As a matter of fact , the tickets were cheaper. Right now, the tickets are expensive and we don't have any advantage. The solution is to pay more money. I disagree with this measure. FP+ or traditional FP must continuos. It is cruel to say children you cannot rise this ride because it is so expensive
My understanding is that there will still be a standby line.

Of course all of this thread is still speculation. I'm mostly just sitting around waiting for certain people to drop hints.

I don't think it's cruel to children to tell them they can't have something that is too expensive. Disappointing, sure. But it's not going to mentally or physically cause trauma. It's also disappointing when a line is so long it's not feasible for the child to wait that long.

I don't think paid FP is the preference of anyone, but since nearly every theme park has some sort of paid line-skip privileges, it seemed only a matter of time before Disney adopted something.

ParentsOf4

"Disney makes guests miserable on purpose to get them to spend more money" is such nonsense conspiracy peddling.

Disney cares about guest satisfaction, believe it or not. They're not always good at measuring it, and they've made some bad decisions in certain areas, but "intent to return" is still something that is tracked and managed very closely.
Bob Chapek has made it abundantly clear that he cares a heck of a lot more about “shareholder satisfaction” than “Guest satisfaction”.

Of course all of this thread is still speculation. I'm mostly just sitting around waiting for certain people to drop hints.

I don't think it's cruel to children to tell them they can't have something that is too expensive. Disappointing, sure. But it's not going to mentally or physically cause trauma. It's also disappointing when a line is so long it's not feasible for the child to wait that long.

I don't think paid FP is the preference of anyone, but since nearly every theme park has some sort of paid line-skip privileges, it seemed only a matter of time before Disney adopted something.
Yes, but tickets in Disneyland Paris are cheaper than WDW. It is not fair to pay for an expensive ticket and FP. Additionally, the prices for FP are really high. Moreover, if we have to stay in standby, there will be attractions we will not be able to enjoy. I think this is an stupid measure.

Thinker of Things

Did Disney leadership say that? If not, then it can’t happen. Apparently. 🙄
No Way Lol GIF by E!

Lol. Usually that’s how a company works. 🙄 Decisions are made for new products, services, or operational changes by those in positions at a particular level of leadership within a company. 🤦‍♂️

UNCgolf

I agree with you, but I wonder at what point Disney says they can't do more expansions. Obviously DLR is limited by land use (although it appears Disney is trying to figure out a solution there). But is there a "maximum cap" on how large a WDW park should be? Is there a point where it's too large?
Perhaps, but DHS is still a very small park, and the other three parks combined are roughly on par with the Magic Kingdom in terms of overall attractions. The replacements at DHS were fine (in theory at least; not necessarily in execution), at least for TSL and Galaxy's Edge, because they were replacing something that was already essentially shuttered and purposeless. Even if I think the park was better in its original incarnation, that was already gone, so putting TSL and Galaxy's Edge in was essentially an expansion over space that was no longer really used. MMRR is a totally different matter, of course.

Original EPCOT was probably the highest capacity park they've had other than the MK, because it had a lot of high capacity rides and a ton of other things to do that weren't specifically attractions (post show areas in the pavilions, movies, an aquarium, the World Showcase in general). Animal Kingdom is probably the best now due to all of the animal trails, but it could use far more.

tallica

Is there any ride at Disney that is worth an extra 15-20 dollars to walk on? Hopefully this will keep FP numbers very limited so the regular line moves quickly.

GimpYancIent

Yesssssss! If it is absolutely critical to your day in the park experience to use FP and pay a charge for that privilege, well, a guest does what a guest has to do. Otherwise the standby line is not always backed up, they do move, usually faster than projected wait times. Also magically sometimes there are no lines!

G00fyDad

Disney could live with giving three free FP's to those staying on property since it would continue to incentivize people to stay on property and then charge for all other FP's. They would still make a goofy (no pun intended) stupid amount of money off of it.

CaptainAmerica

All of those "expansions" added very little attraction capacity overall, which undermines your point. I'm pretty sure EPCOT will have actually lost attraction capacity even when everything is open.

They have absolutely spent money, though. They just haven't spent it very well (Toy Story Land...) or in ways that really help capacity, with a few exceptions. Not that adding restaurants/shops is bad -- those also help round out the experience, and people need places to eat. But the parks desperately need more attraction capacity and they've done far too much replacing rather than expanding.
Attraction CAPACITY is irrelevant if the attractions suck. Who cares how much capacity Ellen had if they were sending the boats out 40% empty, even during busy times?

UNCgolf

Attraction CAPACITY is irrelevant if the attractions suck. Who cares how much capacity Ellen had if they were sending the boats out 40% empty, even during busy times?

That's true, and why Ellen's Energy absolutely needed an update -- I'm certainly not suggesting every attraction should exist exactly the way it was when it first opened. Replacing it was fine in theory, but even ignoring the terrible thematic fit, they keep building replacements that lower overall capacity. Guardians will probably have a similar hourly capacity for total guests, but it will functionally be far less considering how long UoE was. Not that I'd expect them to build anything as long as UoE again, but some 10-15 minute attractions would be nice. I suppose it's possible Guardians could stretch out that long if there's an elaborate preshow, but I'm assuming the ride itself won't be more than about 3 minutes.

wedenterprises

People with kids will get screwed, just as they got screwed with Magical Express ending.
People with kids in the park: wait 40min? nope. Pay $60 for all my kids? nope. Get a standbypass for 4 hours from now when we need to go back to the hotel to nap? nope.

Yay Disney World is so magical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom