FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Customer Perceived Value (CPV) is the theory you are looking for.

“Perceived value is a customer's own perception of a product or service's merit or desirability to them, especially in comparison to a competitor's product. Perceived value is measured by the price the public is willing to pay for a good or service”

which is why it is extremely important to voice your displeasure with customer service via chat and phone and email.

The data is collected daily and will ABSOLUTELY effect their metrics.
I think paying this price is so high. I would prefer a package that include 6 fast pass or something similar. That is, everyone could have 3 fast pass for free and they could have de possibility to add three more. From my view, paying per attraction is a discrimination

Markiewong

But I don't understand why we have to pay for something that was free before COVID -19. If Disney needs more money, they could improve merchandising. There are many attractive whose merchandising is ridiculous. But, paying for FP? I think it is a crazy solution.
You are not paying for something that used to be free. Fastpass was a reservation system where you reserved a time, but everybody waited an equal amount of time. (Okay excluding the 60/90 window thing from WDW). What DPA offers is time, you are paying to wait less time and therefore be able to do more in a day.

There are about 29 rides in the MK.

Let's just take into account the most popular 20 of them.

If there are 1,000 people an hour absorbed into show, but not any more, then they are in the lines for those 20 rides.

That's an extra 50 people per ride.

These rides have at the minimum and average of throughputting 1,000 people per hour. So, those extra 50 people are adding 3 minutes to each ride.

So even if one says that if shows were eating 3,000 people an hour, that's still adding less than 10 minutes per ride for lack of shows.
Who can pay this amount of money? A Disney trip is expensive and if now we have to add attractions, it is unpayable. I think Disney needs money but this is discriminate people. We have visited Disney world more than 15 times and I have seen rising prices. This is tremendous.

DisneyDreamer08

I will never pay for FP, there are already so many added costs to think about. I personally hope on site guests still get 3 free (or even 2) with the option to pay for anything additional. I also hope a traditional standby line always exists. I don’t want to show up to a standby line and find out it’s closed but I can come back and get in line at 9pm or something ridiculous like that.

You are not paying for something that used to be free. Fastpass was a reservation system where you reserved a time, but everybody waited an equal amount of time. (Okay excluding the 60/90 window thing from WDW). What DPA offers is time, you are paying to wait less time and therefore be able to do more in a day.
I disagree with you because if there is no FP , this is a new system. In other words, if finally we have paid for this, there will be lines again and we will have to wait for them. So, we are paying for a quick access like FP. I have visited Walt Disney World more than 15 times and my waiting time has been around 15 and 30 minutes. I think it is not so much time. However, if there were be this payment, we would wait the same time and we would have to pay a huge amount of money

Thinker of Things

Who can pay this amount of money? A Disney trip is expensive and if now we have to add attractions, it is unpayable. I think Disney needs money but this is discriminate people. We have visited Disney world more than 15 times and I have seen rising prices. This is tremendous.
You don’t “have” to add attractions. It’s a choice to purchase the paid skip the line product/offering or wait stand-by. You know, much like it’s a choice to take a Minnie Van or Urber vs waiting for the resort bus.

People aren’t being “forced” to purchase access to a ride.

mightynine

Jeeze man they're not THAT short-sighted. They know that EACH DAY'S captive audience is also a TripAdvisor reviewer, the brother of two families with kids, a coworker of 20 families with kids, a future visitor four years from now, and a potential DVC buyer five years from now.
And yet they've managed to raise prices across the board at a very high rate and are cutting amenities. So, again, forgive me if they might once again see how much they can get away with.

But you bring up an interesting thought, we always joke about how they want you to be eating or shopping if you're not in line, maybe this is an attempt to get more people into DVC pitch meetings! Cold AC, maybe those little water bottles I mentioned earlier.....

DCBaker

Premium Member
Based on these numbers Rat won’t be $15.
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.00.51 AM.png

Thinker of Things

Yet. Remember how we’ve been told for years, “Disney will NEVER charge for FastPass!!”?
I don’t recall ever being told that by someone who makes operational or product offering decisions. Could definitely be something that I missed. Who has said that from a decision making level of the company?

However, if that’s the case, why weren’t people this vocal about paid FP+ or similar product when the pilot rolled out a few years back that offered/allowed for paid add-on FP+ reservations? I feel that would’ve been the time to air grievances with Disney directly so the feedback could be included in the data of the actual pilot. 🤷‍♂️

Disney is still a company and will find ways to increase earnings for its shareholders while keeping focus on trying to balance guest experience.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don’t recall ever being told that by someone who makes operational or product offering decisions. Who has said that from that level of the company?
Disney itself never did, yet here we are. Disney hasn’t said they won’t charge for access to an attraction, but it’s the next logical step if they see it as a new revenue stream that rubes will pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom