FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNCgolf

You mean like Galaxy's Edge? Toy Story Land? DCA 2.0? New Fantasyland? How many new cruise ships? The massive Epcot overhaul that was interrupted by a global pandemic?

Domestic Parks capital expenditure has not been lacking. The problem is, when Disney builds new stuff, the crowds show up in even bigger droves to experience it. Price increases are absolutely appropriate. My objection to the Paris system is not that it's more expensive, it's that it makes the parks needlessly complicated. I would have much rather had them raise ticket prices by 25%.

All of those "expansions" added very little attraction capacity overall, which undermines your point. I'm pretty sure EPCOT will have actually lost attraction capacity even when everything is open.

They have absolutely spent money, though. They just haven't spent it very well (Toy Story Land...) or in ways that really help capacity, with a few exceptions. Not that adding restaurants/shops is bad -- those also help round out the experience, and people need places to eat. But the parks desperately need more attraction capacity and they've done far too much replacing rather than expanding.

pdude81

I'm expecting we hear the pitch on paid fastpass using whatever it's name will be on 8/12, and then several days worth of speculation/hype in blogs/vlogs before anything hits DPB with real information. Along with the announcement of just how much better they are doing financially this quarter will be the prediction of future riches with the 50th celebration and paid line management. People will complain but ultimately pay the ransom after exhausting themselves. Stock will jump on the potential of new revenues without seeing if they actually show up.

If they haven't rolled out a plan by now, that's the best opportunity on the horizon

Andrew25

You mean like Galaxy's Edge? Toy Story Land? DCA 2.0? New Fantasyland? How many new cruise ships? The massive Epcot overhaul that was interrupted by a global pandemic?

Domestic Parks capital expenditure has not been lacking. The problem is, when Disney builds new stuff, the crowds show up in even bigger droves to experience it. Price increases are absolutely appropriate. My objection to the Paris system is not that it's more expensive, it's that it makes the parks needlessly complicated. I would have much rather had them raise ticket prices by 25%.
Toy Story Land only added 2 attractions, both of them with atrocious capacity at a park with horrible ride capacity and outdated shows. New Fantasyland offers 2 D-Tickets.

It is not critical to use FP to enjoy a day at WDW. It is not a race to see how many rides can be done by the end of the day. It is not an Olympic competition rather its supposed to be about fun, enjoyment and (brace yourselves) relaxation. I see no need for FP anyway.
A good % of guests have only one day at visiting the parks, so they themselves need to do as much as possible. We as fans, passholders, repeating visitors don't need to do everything.

Andrew M

It is not critical to use FP to enjoy a day at WDW. It is not a race to see how many rides can be done by the end of the day. It is not an Olympic competition rather its supposed to be about fun, enjoyment and (brace yourselves) relaxation. I see no need for FP anyway.
If you're an AP who lives within driving distance, sure.

If you're a family with young kids who just are able to take an annual trip for a week, it's not that relaxing to simply skip rides. 'Sorry kids, Seven Dwarves Mine Train is a 2 hour wait, maybe next year'

pdude81

Toy Story Land only added 2 attractions, both of them with atrocious capacity at a park with horrible ride capacity and outdated shows. New Fantasyland offers 2 D-Tickets.

A good % of guests have only one day at visiting the parks, so they themselves need to do as much as possible. We as fans, passholders, repeating visitors don't need to do everything.
3rd track on TSM also.

That's not the matter. I am repeating visitor but I like enjoying Disney. In fact,Mr. Disney said Disney is a place to enjoy with your family every moment and if we have to pay for many extra things , it is not the idea of Disney.

aliceismad

But the parks desperately need more attraction capacity and they've done far too much replacing rather than expanding.
I agree with you, but I wonder at what point Disney says they can't do more expansions. Obviously DLR is limited by land use (although it appears Disney is trying to figure out a solution there). But is there a "maximum cap" on how large a WDW park should be? Is there a point where it's too large?

GimpYancIent

If you're an AP who lives within driving distance, sure.

If you're a family with young kids who just are able to take an annual trip for a week, it's not that relaxing to simply skip rides. 'Sorry kids, Seven Dwarves Mine Train is a 2 hour wait, maybe next year'
Understood! It is also abusive corporate greed to charge guests (such as yourselves) FP fees / charges to enjoy a ride after paying a substantial sum to enter the park. Disney park tickets are not cheap and the larger the family, well, you understand. There should be no charge for FP. FP should be part of that ever disappearing MAGIC.

aliceismad

That's not the matter. I am repeating visitor but I like enjoying Disney. In fact,Mr. Disney said Disney is a place to enjoy with your family every moment and if we have to pay for many extra things , it is not the idea of Disney.
You don't have to pay extra. You just have to pay extra if you want a shorter line. Mr. Disney's way actually had guests pay for every ride.

brettf22

Premium Member
What makes me think Paris is a trial balloon, so when Disney introduces a *slightly* better option for WDW (like a certain # of FP included), a lot of people will be over-the-moon positive about it, just in comparison to Paris. They will be happy, even though it will still cost them a LOT more money for something that used to be included.

OG Runner

I don't see why they can't charge for the Fast Pass the same way Universal charges for the Express Pass.
Paying $10 to $15 for an individual ride, really is a step way backwards. What next bring back the ticket
booths in the parks. How much for the E-ticket ride today?

G00fyDad

What makes me think Paris is a trial balloon, so when Disney introduces a *slightly* better option for WDW (like a certain # of FP included), a lot of people will be over-the-moon positive about it, just in comparison to Paris. They will be happy, even though it will still cost them a LOT more money for something that used to be included.

Disney can charge whatever they want for anything after three free FP. It will not matter to my family because we only ever used our three and moved on with our day. Give us three free FP's and nothing will have changed for us.

You don't have to pay extra. You just have to pay extra if you want a shorter line. Mr. Disney's way actually had guests pay for every ride.
Are you sure? I disagree with you. This new system is a form of finishing FP system. When people paid for ride, it was different. As a matter of fact , the tickets were cheaper. Right now, the tickets are expensive and we don't have any advantage. The solution is to pay more money. I disagree with this measure. FP+ or traditional FP must continuos. It is cruel to say children you cannot rise this ride because it is so expensive

pdude81

I don't see why they can't charge for the Fast Pass the same way Universal charges for the Express Pass.
Paying $10 to $15 for an individual ride, really is a step way backwards. What next bring back the ticket
booths in the parks. How much for the E-ticket ride today?
That would devalue the huge sums of money it cost for VIP tours, Golden Oak, or Club 33. So it would cannibalize some of the demand for those programs, while also bringing in less money on the front end by packaging line skips. Then on top of that you wouldn't be able to easily use it to redistribute lines.

G00fyDad

That would devalue the huge sums of money it cost for VIP tours, Golden Oak, or Club 33. So it would cannibalize some of the demand for those programs, while also bringing in less money on the front end by pacakaging line skips. Then on top of that you wouldn't be able to easily use it to redistribute lines.
Get out of here with that logic!
Go Away GIF

Disney can charge whatever they want for anything after three free FP. It will not matter to my family because we only ever used our three and moved on with our day. Give us three free FP's and nothing will have changed for us.
I agree with you. This is an option. We continuous with our FP and the rest could pay for an extra. That makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom