Fastpass - Finally Disney does something

captainkidd

Original Poster
I heard through the grapevine that Disney has finally taken action to help stop the people selling attraction re-entry passes on ebay. As of June 7, all attraction re-entry passes are officially being denied by Disney CM's. They have been replaced with new fastpasses, barcoded, with the date printed on it, to be used by the end of the day or thrown away.

Should be interesting to see if the filth on ebay continue selling these now that they will no longer work.

DisneyMusician2

What will really be interesting is if CM's choose to enforce this policy or not, consistently, across the board.

I'm guessing no in advance, but I'll be more than pleasantly surprise if they do.

I'm interested to see if this will slow the process down and cause longer FP waits. For it to make sense, you must be checking the barcode as it is being handed to you, not after the guest is past and into the attraction. It doesn't seem like much to check a barcode (maybe 3 or 4 seconds per guest), but that time can add up when you've got a long line. For instance, a FP wait of 10 minutes while just handing the FP to the CM (1 second) becomes a 30-40 minute wait just to get the same number of people through.

captainkidd

Original Poster
I believe the barcode is there as a secondary precaution. The expiration date is what the CM's will be looking at.

DisneyLeo18

why dont they have a form of turnstile fastpass line like when entering the park. you just put your fastpass in and it will let you through. that seems pretty efficent to me :shrug:

MKCP 1985

I wish I'd known Disney would allow you to use time expired fast passes earlier. There have been trips when a dinner ran longer than expected and the fast pass expired so we didn't go back, or we otherwise changed our plans around the return window on fastpasses. (example: The wait time for this attraction is 45 minutes, and it takes 10 minutes to ride. By the time we get off and walk back over to that part of the park, the time will have expired for our return fastpass, so we can't do this ride right now.) :brick:

Oh well, that's why we come HERE . . . or stay :lookaroun . . . to learn the tricks of the parks.

captainkidd

Original Poster
why dont they have a form of turnstile fastpass line like when entering the park. you just put your fastpass in and it will let you through. that seems pretty efficent to me :shrug:

Probably would be costly, and given how slow people are getting through entrance turnstiles, very time consuming.

MousDad

Okay, it took me several reads to get what the OP was talking about here, but I think I have it figured out. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The OP is not talking about expired Fastpasses. Fastpasses have always had the date on them, and while typically can be used after the expired time (except w/ Soarin at times), they never have been able to be used on a later day.

The OP is talking about an attraction reentry pass, which is different. These are given out if a ride breaks down while you are on it, and you get to skip the line later in the day, or in other circumstances. Apparently, these did not always have the date on them, and hence were being hocked on ebay.

But now, these passes will essentially be changed into Fastpasses, which will be incorporated into the regular Fastpass flow. Meaning, that they will be only good on that calendar day, just like Fastpasses are. And since these type of passes represent a very small number, I can't see how it would have any FP impact whatsoever.

Am I right here?

CAPTAIN HOOK

If CMs are turning away old FPs this will increase time in line while arguments occur (unless 2 CMs are collecting FP - 1 to collect and 1 to argue). Once management back up the CMs and get rid of the cheats, FP lines will become quicker.
Once a bar code scanner is introduced (Why else would it be there ??) this will make the process quicker again

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'll bet scum will still sell them, since idiots will still buy them. No shortage of either in the world...

teebin

Okay, it took me several reads to get what the OP was talking about here, but I think I have it figured out. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I am confused by this too. The title of the post has "fastpass" and then the OP goes on to talk about "reentry" passes. Which is it?

NewfieFan

The OP is not talking about expired Fastpasses. Fastpasses have always had the date on them, and while typically can be used after the expired time (except w/ Soarin at times), they never have been able to be used on a later day.

The OP is talking about an attraction reentry pass, which is different. These are given out if a ride breaks down while you are on it, and you get to skip the line later in the day, or in other circumstances. Apparently, these did not always have the date on them, and hence were being hocked on ebay.

But now, these passes will essentially be changed into Fastpasses, which will be incorporated into the regular Fastpass flow. Meaning, that they will be only good on that calendar day, just like Fastpasses are. And since these type of passes represent a very small number, I can't see how it would have any FP impact whatsoever.

Am I right here?

Yeah, that's my understanding too... I got confused when everybody starting talking about FPs!:veryconfu FPs always had the date on them, didn't they!?! While you couldn't use them on a later date you could for the most part use them after they "expired" (on the same day, of course). But the reentry passes could be used at anytime (even on a different day)!

captainkidd

Original Poster
finally. its a shame how people try to make money off that stuff. i feel even worse for those who will buy them

The sad thing is, they say they aren't selling them. They include them as a "free gift" in return for you purchasing a $250 envelope or park map.

I don't feel sorry at all for the people buying them. They know it's wrong and against policy to cheat the system like that. They're just as guilty as the people selling them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom