Fastpass - Finally Disney does something

kc1296426

I have re-entry passes and fastpasses after June 7th, I don't really notice anything different. Sure, there is a date on them now...but no barcode.

2592482625_39f66a745e.jpg

Now on the back of that one:
2593323916_5f7bee24c3.jpg

Now for a regular fastpass:
2592488171_a6333afcfd.jpg

On the back of that one:
2592490521_6140b9af66.jpg

Is it just me or there is nothing different on either of these?
And by the way, I got the re-entry pass for TSMM on June 8th, and the pass expired June 15th. Weird.

maryszhi

The sad thing is, they say they aren't selling them. They include them as a "free gift" in return for you purchasing a $250 envelope or park map.

I don't feel sorry at all for the people buying them. They know it's wrong and against policy to cheat the system like that. They're just as guilty as the people selling them.
i meant for those who dont know, who are first timers, who think its ok, like they dont know the disney policy
sorry if i offended anyone:(

Phonedave

If CMs are turning away old FPs this will increase time in line while arguments occur (unless 2 CMs are collecting FP - 1 to collect and 1 to argue). Once management back up the CMs and get rid of the cheats, FP lines will become quicker.
Once a bar code scanner is introduced (Why else would it be there ??) this will make the process quicker again

Even so, the FP queue is never "full" and most of the time never empty either.

So you have 30 people in the fastpass queue, having made it past the first CM, then someone comes by with an expired fastpass. The CM deal with him for a few minutes, holding up the people who are waiting to get INTO the queue. In that time the queue moves from 30 people to 10. Now the guy is done arguing, and the outside CM can now let in the other people who were waiting. They still waited the same amount of time, they just spent some of it outside the FP queue instead of in it.

-dave

WIX

I have re-entry passes and fastpasses after June 7th, I don't really notice anything different. Sure, there is a date on them now...but no barcode.

And by the way, I got the re-entry pass for TSMM on June 8th, and the pass expired June 15th. Weird.

There is barcode right on your ToT pass . . . on the sides there . . . that is what all those funny little black dashes are. Those were not there before.

kc1296426

There is barcode right on your ToT pass . . . on the sides there . . . that is what all those funny little black dashes are. Those were not there before.
I know theres a barcode on the TOT fastpass, but not on TSMM re-entry pass. The barcodes on the regular fastpasses were there for a long time now.

Like on this EE fastpass which I got last year, had barcodes on them.
2592584589_dbe32d7ee6.jpg

No change.

captainkidd

Original Poster

2592482625_39f66a745e.jpg

Now on the back of that one:
2593323916_5f7bee24c3.jpg

On the back of that one:
2592490521_6140b9af66.jpg

Even so, that's fine. As long as there is an expiration date, people won't be able to sell these on ebay. Well, they will, but the people who buy them won't be able to use them. Eventually, the negative feedback and screwed over customers will shut these people down.

EpcoTim

Couldn't Disney do away with all this if they would just go with a credit card style pass? Sure theres a cost difference, but they could be used for fastpass, loaded with a specific amount of money, plus, and the big plus for me, is that they are more durable.

And I actually didn't know selling fastpasses was such a big ebay thing.

landauh

What is being sold on eBay are Attraction Re-Entry passes with no expiration date and Rider Switch Passes.

Two things are in effect to stop this practice:

1. Generic re-entry passes now have expiration dates, usually only 30 days, and are inventoried on a regular basis to make sure that expired ones are not in the system. The passes are put into specially sealed bags and locked in boxes that managers have access to. When an attraction is evacuated a manager gets a bag and verifies that the date is valid beofre passing the passes out to guests.

2. Some attractions are testing using Fast Pass machines to print the re-entry passes.

3. Rider Switch passes are now printed each day using the Fast Pass machines and are only good for the day that they are printed.

CMs are supposed to take all re-entry and rider Switch passes that are old and distroy them. The guest does not get an updated pass.

Some CMs are following this change, some are not. Many guests are finding that eBay is not a good place to try and get free passes.

captainkidd

Original Poster
If the CM's don't follow the rules, why aren't they fired? Obviously, it's a pretty clear indication they're the ones selling them on ebay.

Rob562

My guess it's so that if a family doesn't have a chance to re-ride that same day, it allows them to try for a ride sometime during their trip (especially if the ride goes down later on in the day). And Disney just chose 7 days as a reasonable window in which to attempt that re-ride.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom