Fast Pass Removal?

markjohns1

IMO not necessarily true. It's FastPass that slows the standby line down.
It probably wouldn't change the wait time much at all for most attractions. Those who would've been going through the FastPass line would now be in the Standby line.

Total removal of FastPass would just remove a convenience for guests. That said, having FastPass for the attractions the OP listed is pointless.

krankenstein

I thought they said earlier this year they were planning on removing FP for the shows in a seasonal basis. Maybe they decided they didn't need them. :shrug:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
They are trying out something new at Animal Kingdom with the Its Tough to Be A Bug fastpass machines. Now, at these machines, you can get fastpasses for Kilamanjaro Safari, Dinosaur, and Everest. This means that guests don't have to cross all the way across the entire park to pick up a new fastpass. Its just a test at the moment and I'm not sure how much longer they will be trying it.
That's a pretty bold rumor to be starting, but I like it! I was hoping that that whole Nintendo DS thing would catch on and you could get virtual FPs from wherever you wanted.

wserratore1963

There are now a bunch of attractions that previously had Fast Pass distribution that are currently not using them. Does this mean that they will be removed?

The ones I've noticed so far are:

Living With The Land
Stitch's Great Escape
Honey I Shrunk The Audience
Lights! Motors! Action!
It's Tough To Be a Bug
Mickey's Philharmagic
In my humble opinion I really don't think those attractions need a fast pass anyway.

MissM

I've seen Stitch's Great Escape run FastPass very frequently even though it's NEVER needed. The standby will be 5 minutes and they still have FP going on it. Just silly. It's always made me laugh when I see them offering it. (And even sillier when the standby would be 5 minutes, regular FP was closed but they were still offering Birthday FastPass for it. What a waste!)

Philharmagic has definitely phased out FP usage over the past year or so. Used to get one for it a lot several years back but now it's typically a one show wait. They normally don't bother running FP for it.

HISTA has definitely been phasing out FP for a couple years now. Sometimes it's running in limited fashion, but mostly, it's been down.

Tough to be a Bug hasn't really needed to run it much the last couple years either. I've seen it on a handful of times, but mostly, it's a short walk-on wait.

Living with the Land is another weird one. FP is one day here and the next gone again. Seems to really struggle deciding if it wants a FP or not. When slow, the ride is dead. When busy, the line gets to be a very long (and not worth it) wait. Again, I've seen it completely running full FP and then not running it for seemingly months at a time.

Just personal FL Resident AP observations. I'm there at least once a month after all! :lol:

Jasonflz

I can't imagine MILF needs fast pass. I have never seen the line higher than 10 minutes when I go, and I go on busy days. (4th of July, Christmas)

smalld

Another ride/show that is currently not using fastpass is Indiana Jones stunt show. I just think they are starting to take away fastpasses at attractions that don't need it/ don't use it very much.

Horizonsfan

It really needs to be TDO (& TDA) law that FP is never installed for continually loading rides, non-E tickets, or shows.

FP often does more harm than good, just take a look at TSMM. At DCA, where there is no FP, waits very rarely top 1 hr; at DHS waits are frequently in the 70-90 min window.

I sure hope the LM attraction ends up not receiving FP but, if those blueprints are to be believed, it unfortunately will.

lentesta

Premium Member
Fast Pass results in longer lines. Not shorter lines.

It's probably true that attractions without FASTPASS experience slightly longer lines than when FASTPASS was introduced. You don't need to stand in line at the FASTPASS attraction and are free to go on another ride, presumably some of which aren't other FASTPASS attractions. It's probably true that the Tomorrowland Speedway is slightly more busy, for example, because Buzz Lightyear has FASTPASS.

However, would the average guest wait longer in line at Space Mountain when it runs FASTPASS than if it did not?

Another interesting set of questions: do guests spend more time throughout the day in line when FASTPASS is running than when it is not? And do they see fewer, the same or more attractions because of it?

If anyone has decent simulation tools available, this would be worth studying.

Animaniac93-98

Yea I remember waits like that for 20k

Rides that need FP

TT
Soarin
TOT
RRC
SM
Splash mountain
BTM
EE
CTX
Safarri

Rides where FP does more harm than good.

Buzz SRS
MILF
SGE
Pooh
Peter Pan
Phillhar Magic
Jungle Cruise
TSM
LMA stunt show

I agree with everything on these lists except BTMRR. Having only one load platform for Stand-by guests is a great way to needlessly increase the wait for the stand-by line even when the park itself is not busy. The merging point for the two lines should be just before the ramp that goes down to the load platform, not on the load platform. That way everyone could use the two loadng areas as intended without making FP users wait in a long line.

CBOMB

In my opinion the day of free Fast Pass is drawing slowly to an end. I think if pay for play fast pass goes over in the test they are running on it overseas, it will soon be at a Park near you. I believe that's also why they are trying out a central distribution point at DAK now.

Figment632

With fastpass, you can choose to either wait in long lines (standby), or short lines (fastpass).

With no fastpass, everyone gets to wait in standby line, which will have become a medium wait.:D

This just isn't true I remember being in WDW in the late 80's and early 90's before FP was introduced and the waits were double what they are now. It was literaly impossible to do more than one park in a day during peak times. I remember sometimes only getting two lands done in one day at MK sometimes. This does not happen anymore not even when I was in MK on New Years eve.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
With fastpass, you can choose to either wait in long lines (standby), or short lines (fastpass).

With no fastpass, everyone gets to wait in standby line, which will have become a medium wait.:D
Sure it would make a slightly shorter standby line when compared to a standby line with a fast pass line. It still equates to someone waiting longer to get on a ride in the long run when you look at the big picture.

I remember when you were absolutely giddy that Space Mountain only had a one hour wait. I for one hope we never see those days again. With fast pass all I need to do is a little planning and my wait is a fraction of what it use to be. If you do not want to use a tool that helps you avoid waiting in line that is fine but don't fault someone else for using it or try to take said tool away because you do not want to use it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom