Fast & Furious- Supercharged details officially released

raven

Not that I am an "I told you so", kind of a guy, but SEE!
Since this is primarily a Disney fan site, people are gonna trash talk anything Universal, even before they ride it. They take 1 view that they’ve “heard through a friend” and use it to discourage any positive reviews. It’s just the nature of their game but then I’ve been on plenty of Disney attraction toons that were all hyped up on these boards but when I rode them I was no impressed.

I say save your views until you personally experience it. I went in thinking I wouldn’t be impressed but I was very impressed.

rhino4evr

Since this is primarily a Disney fan site, people are gonna trash talk anything Universal, even before they ride it. They take 1 view that they’ve “heard through a friend” and use it to discourage any positive reviews. It’s just the nature of their game but then I’ve been on plenty of Disney attraction toons that were all hyped up on these boards but when I rode them I was no impressed.

I say save your views until you personally experience it. I went in thinking I wouldn’t be impressed but I was very impressed.

oh trust me, they are trashing it on the Universal fan sites too. Potter set the bar really high, and Universal hasn't really produced anything close to it since.

rhino4evr

Volcano Bay is quite amazing.

Ok I’ll give you that, but it was also was and still is plagued with issues due to their tapu tapu systems.

Not counting their water park. All the rides have been either clones or misfires since the last Potter ride. Here’s hoping the new Potter ride that replaces a classic thrill attraction will redeem their uh “streak”

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Disney uses screens to make a ride that is breathtaking and beautiful and emotional and is devoid of theme park cliches. (Flight of Passage)

Universal makes the laziest possible ride by copying and pasting a segment from a tram tour into a full attraction that is exactly like one they released just two years ago that was also derived from a tram tour. They make it with as many of their cliches as possible - “oh no, chaos! Attacks!” And they make a slow moving simulator out of the one franchise that deserves a ride that goes physically fast.

It definitely isn’t and won’t just be Disney fanboys trashing this. They will have to REALLY deliver on their next attraction to make up for this.

raven

Not to mention a lot of the die hard fans will really miss Earthquake / Diaster as another classic ride replaced by something “less than”.
Hahahahaha! I doubt a lot of people are going to think those two attractions were better than this one.

And to the other point brought up, wasn’t MK originally a clone of Disneyland? How many times has Disney built the same attraction in several of their parks around the world? They are still doing that.

Universal still has a solid focus on movies, unlike Disney who can’t seem to nail down a single fluid theme for each of their parks anymore.

Bairstow

Universal still has a solid focus on movies,...
ovawycvj6isy.jpg

SHARKNADO-3-Behind-the-Sharks-Highway-to-Oh-Hell-No-Wednesday-July-22nd-9-8c-Syfy-YouTube.mp4-snapshot-02.13-2015.06.30-11.24.41.jpg

jimmy-fallon.jpg

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Hahahahaha! I doubt a lot of people are going to think those two attractions were better than this one.

And to the other point brought up, wasn’t MK originally a clone of Disneyland? How many times has Disney built the same attraction in several of their parks around the world? They are still doing that.

Yeah, but cloning a good ride is different from cloning what is essentially filler on a tram tour.

I realize that this is what spawned Jaws, Kongrontation, and Earthquake. But those were great rides.

Last edited:

JT3000

I'm not going to defend this ride without having experienced it myself, but I can already tell we might as well rename this the Official Confirmation Bias Thread.

USF, like other studio-themed parks, has always been about movies and television. And hey, you even discovered Rockit's movie relevance. That one had me worried. :p

raven

Yeah, but cloning a good ride is different from cloning what is essentially filler on a tram tour.

I realize that this is what spawned Jaws, Kongrontation, and Earthquake. But those were great rides.
Yet here people are, throwing hate toward a new ride that they’ve yet to experience.

rhino4evr

I specifically stated that I was posting other peoples impressions. I've also read that this is almost an exact duplicate of what opened in Hollywood several years ago. So if anyone has been on that, then they should have a strong idea on how "good" this attraction is.

If you'd like me to link you to the Universal Forum filled with "team members" saying it's one of the worst rides in the park, I can.

I'm glad you're so optimistic though.

Disneyhead'71

I loved The Simpson's Movie, Sharknado's Florida Vacation was fun, and Jimmy was great in Jurassic World.

And @Tom Morrow as you know, Universal Studios Florida was conceived because of Kong on the Hollywood tram tour. I have no problem with porting attractions from the tram tour. And I can explain the thinking behind not plussing the Orlando version. See, what they normally would do is do the set up for the 360 tunnel on the monitors on the tram, but after their success with musion preshows in Orlando, they decided to plus the tram tour version with the preshows. So in Universal Creative's perspective, it is plussed.

All that said, this is a strange attraction. The choice of ride system for the IP seems an odd. I can't speak to execution until I ride it. But I have ready some scathing reviews but most are saying it's better than Fallon, so maybe the general public will like it.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
A friend of mine rode, said its easily the worst attraction in Orlando, and one of the most poorly and lazily executed attractions ever. "Almost no Universal TM who has ridden it has anything positive to say." Keep in mind that most TMs aren't like us and didn't have any previous bias.

I'm going to try as hard as I can to find something positive to say about it when I ride it.

Bob Harlem

A friend of mine rode, said its easily the worst attraction in Orlando, and one of the most poorly and lazily executed attractions ever. "Almost no Universal TM who has ridden it has anything positive to say." Keep in mind that most TMs aren't like us and didn't have any previous bias.

I'm going to try as hard as I can to find something positive to say about it when I ride it.

I believe Antarctica has that trophy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom