Fast & Furious- Supercharged details officially released

champdisney

You know, a Fast and Furious attraction would be cool if people actually got to ride in a sports car. Rather, we’re in a party bus in a Rock N’ Rollercoaster-esque plot having to deal with Cryese Gibson.

Also, what’s the deal of them glorifying this as an original story when it clearly isn’t.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Yeah. I don't understand who this attraction is supposed to impress. Even the biggest diehard UOR fans are tired of 3D screen-based rides. I haven't really enjoyed their last two attempts, Kong and Fallon either, but at least with Kong, the concept of riding on a truck makes sense, and the 360 sequence is well done. Fallon had a limited space to work with and no one was expecting much from a Jimmy Fallon themed ride anyway. But this? People, especially F&F fans are going to expecting an actual fast ride in sports cars.

Basically this will not meet literally anyone's expectations and the best we can hope for is a really good queue.

JoeCamel

Yeah. I don't understand who this attraction is supposed to impress. Even the biggest diehard UOR fans are tired of 3D screen-based rides. I haven't really enjoyed their last two attempts, Kong and Fallon either, but at least with Kong, the concept of riding on a truck makes sense, and the 360 sequence is well done. Fallon had a limited space to work with and no one was expecting much from a Jimmy Fallon themed ride anyway. But this? People, especially F&F fans are going to expecting an actual fast ride in sports cars.

Basically this will not meet literally anyone's expectations and the best we can hope for is a really good queue.
It is meant for the higher ups who ordered it built based on box office. They got what they asked for and I suspect the GP will like it more than they did Disaster in it's waning days.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
It is meant for the higher ups who ordered it built based on box office. They got what they asked for and I suspect the GP will like it more than they did Disaster in it's waning days.
I have my doubts. The public's reaction to Kong and Fallon have been mixed at best (despite what UOR's official statements and PR department say). This is even more of the same, and almost definitely worse, and not at all the appropriate style of ride for the subject matter.

JT3000

I have my doubts. The public's reaction to Kong and Fallon have been mixed at best (despite what UOR's official statements and PR department say)

Not really. While it definitely isn't the experience it could've been given the strength of the IP, I always see at least half the truck come off Kong smiling, and even if some of us think it's a ludicrous concept for a theme park attraction, people are audibly enjoying themselves on Fallon. It's important to remember that whatever reaction you've seen online represents a small sample size in the grand scheme of things, and people with a negative review to share are more likely than others to share a review at all.

This? This is probably going to suck, but the GP will eat it up and we'll be stuck with it much longer than we should be. But that's life.

JoeCamel

I have my doubts. The public's reaction to Kong and Fallon have been mixed at best (despite what UOR's official statements and PR department say). This is even more of the same, and almost definitely worse, and not at all the appropriate style of ride for the subject matter.
The attendance numbers don't lie. Double digit increases year over year while the ones down the road show declines? I think they know what they are doing despite the disappointment of us fans.

Take care of yourself so you can come 5 years from now, you won't recognize the place.

trr1

I wonder if it will be
C8V9Z1bXoAA16ZN.jpg

sedati

It's new, so I'll definitely want to try it out at least once. Screen fatigue is real, but I try to judge each ride on its own merits. The IP doesn't interest me much, but I've learned that often has nothing to really do with my enjoyment of a ride.
Based on my recent experience I'm more concerned with how this line will operate as both Fallon and Tapu Tapu were are biggest frustrations on the Universal end of our trip (and I'm including break-downs in that assessment.)
Hopefully this will be a lesson learned and will work as advertised. Otherwise, I'd prefer a good old fashioned slow moving, organized line over a hip new stagnant, disorganized series of holding pens any day.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Not really. While it definitely isn't the experience it could've been given the strength of the IP, I always see at least half the truck come off Kong smiling, and even if some of us think it's a ludicrous concept for a theme park attraction, people are audibly enjoying themselves on Fallon. It's important to remember that whatever reaction you've seen online represents a small sample size in the grand scheme of things, and people with a negative review to share are more likely than others to share a review at all.

This? This is probably going to suck, but the GP will eat it up and we'll be stuck with it much longer than we should be. But that's life.
The GP does not eat up all these 3D attractions like we assume. Almost everyone I talk to who isn't a theme park enthusiast has the same thing to say about Universal: "Harry Potter world is great, the rest is cool and all but its all kind of the same and got tiring after a while."
The attendance numbers don't lie. Double digit increases year over year while the ones down the road show declines? I think they know what they are doing despite the disappointment of us fans.
The attendance has been increasing every year since Potter, it has little to nothing to do with the additions of Kong and Fallon.
I'm surprised people were expecting more or better. It always seemed to be a clone of the hollywood one from day 1 to me. I was able to piece this together by universal's laziness as of late.
I was hoping there would at least be some new unveiled surprise that makes it stand out in some way. But no, instead its exactly as lazy as we expected.

JT3000

The GP does not eat up all these 3D attractions like we assume. Almost everyone I talk to who isn't a theme park enthusiast has the same thing to say about Universal: "Harry Potter world is great, the rest is cool and all but its all kind of the same and got tiring after a while."

I think a lot of people are experiencing 3D fatigue, at USF especially, but that's not the same as disliking the attractions themselves. Redundant or not, they've been crowd pleasers. F&F may be the straw that breaks the camel's back, but Universal won't think there's a problem until the GP starts telling them so en masse, which has yet to happen. If this project doesn't crash and burn & they learn the error of their ways, we can only hope they coincidentally start shifting their focus towards other types of experiences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom