Fast & Furious- Supercharged details officially released

sonoma15

Yeah, definitely not as bad as Antarctica... from what I’ve seen on Twitter it’s just average, not that bad or not that good, which is honestly fine and you wouldn’t even have to wait long for it anyways because of virtual line. The only major problem I have with it is that it adds on to the list of majority-screen rides at UOR, otherwise it’s a fun family filler attraction

JoeCamel

Yeah, definitely not as bad as Antarctica... from what I’ve seen on Twitter it’s just average, not that bad or not that good, which is honestly fine and you wouldn’t even have to wait long for it anyways because of virtual line. The only major problem I have with it is that it adds on to the list of majority-screen rides at UOR, otherwise it’s a fun family filler attraction
And we hope they stay true to the pronouncement it is the last of the screenz. It should be from what future plans I know of.

matt9112

I agree people are complaining about a filler capacity driven attraction. sorry I dont want every ride to have hour or two waits *caught disney* stuff like this is a necessary evil. I odnt want everything new to be an E ticket.

lazyboy97o

I agree people are complaining about a filler capacity driven attraction. sorry I dont want every ride to have hour or two waits *caught disney* stuff like this is a necessary evil. I odnt want everything new to be an E ticket.
The idea that an attraction of this size is filler is just silly. Even then, that doesn’t mean anything to the quality of the content. C Tickets are smaller in scope, they’re not the crappy rides for suckers to waste time on.

OG Runner

Meanwhile over at Disney, screen-based rides are still being created...yet no one seems to mind because it’s Disney.

How much cooler would F&F have been if they had used a ride system, similar to Star Tours, instead of one that was chosen?
Remember Disney tried using the same ride system a while ago having both Star Tours and Body Wars and they ended up
shutting Body Wars down.

JT3000

It's pitiful that the parks that gave us Men in Black, Mummy, and Harry freaking Potter is now debuting a ride that we hope can be, "better than Fallon".

You say that like Fallon is the worst thing ever. I can't stand Jimmy Fallon or his "humor" and even I think it's a decent ride, just redundant.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Meanwhile over at Disney, screen-based rides are still being created...yet no one seems to mind because it’s Disney.

NRJ wasn't screen based, though it incorporated a few novel use of screens (multi-planar).

Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers aren't screen based. TRON light cycle and TRON racers won't be screen based.

The screens for the Falcon ride will be novel in that it will be interactive. The screens for MMRR will be novel in that it will be projection mapped onto physical sets and 2.5 D. The screens for Battle Escape are being enhanced with huge physical sets and AAs.

That's why they don't mind screens at Disney. They're varied, mixed-use, and sometimes no screens at all.

Weather_Lady

Just curious, for those in the know or who have experienced the duplicate attraction: is F&F worth experiencing for a family that has never seen any of the movies, or will it be too confusing?

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Yeah, I want to take a moment to emphasize why Flight of Passage is so great.
- every single frame of the ride video is beautiful and looks amazing
- the ride is 100% devoid of theme park cliches
- the main purpose of the ride is to stir up your emotions, not give you generic thrills. (Would Universal ever take 30 seconds out of a thrill ride to pause and reflect on the beautiful scenery?)
- despite this, it's one of the most thrilling simulator rides because the piston-like dropping movements actually produce a sensation that feels like you're really swooping and diving.
- instead of being "hey, remember all these famous elements from the hit movie Avatar?" It's "hey, come see this beautiful world. It's the world of Pandora from Avatar - maybe you've seen it?"

It is downright artfully done in every aspect. Universal is apparently incapable of writing anything other than "You're here to do thing but suddenly bad thing happens and now you're under attack and chaos ensues!"

Disneyhead'71

See, here is my problem with FoP. I simply don't care for the IP. The ride is great, but my feelings for the IP leaves me kinda meh.

That doesn't bode well for F&F since I actively loathe the franchise.

raven

The idea that an attraction of this size is filler is just silly. Even then, that doesn’t mean anything to the quality of the content. C Tickets are smaller in scope, they’re not the crappy rides for suckers to waste time on.
Then don’t ride it. I can go on and on about a ride that I never rode as well but that’s not going to make it go away.
The screens for the Falcon ride will be novel in that it will be interactive. The screens for MMRR will be novel in that it will be projection mapped onto physical sets and 2.5 D. The screens for Battle Escape are being enhanced with huge physical sets and AAs.

That's why they don't mind screens at Disney. They're varied, mixed-use, and sometimes no screens at all.
But these are STILL screen-based rides. Both Kong and F&F have physical sets as well and Kong even has an impressive AA.

As for Flight of Passage I thought it was extremely over rated. I waited 4 hours to ride a subpar attraction based on a movie from 2009. The queue was amazing but the ride itself, in my own opinion, was old technology with good lighting.

BrianLo

Then don’t ride it. I can go on and on about a ride that I never rode as well but that’s not going to make it go away.

But these are STILL screen-based rides. Both Kong and F&F have physical sets as well and Kong even has an impressive AA.

As for Flight of Passage I thought it was extremely over rated. I waited 4 hours to ride a subpar attraction based on a movie from 2009. The queue was amazing but the ride itself, in my own opinion, was old technology with good lighting.

Speaking of bias...

Many of us have already ridden this though, in Hollywood. I think the immediate reaction has come from many people disappointed that the ride experience generally was unchanged from something we previously thought wasn’t good.

Being filler doesn’t mean an attraction needs to be bad though. Look to 20k leagues, or even Hogwarts Express for a Universal attraction example. They are second fiddle but both still great experiences.

This in Universal’s mind was the headliner though, Fallon was the filler. I’m glad some people are just happy with mediocrity (not you who genuinely enjoy it) - but there are literally other posters who are celebrating it being average like that’s a good thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom