Fantasyland rehab/updated approved!

GothMickey

For anyone who cares....I'm hearing the Fantasyland rehab/update has been approved and will be huge!!!!

I dont really want to spill much of the speculation at this stage, as at the moment it's just that. It all seems to be a go, but I'd stop short of saying it's a totally done deal at the moment. As soon as it's more certain, I'll try to put out some of the details I've been told (although I'm sure someone else will probably leak it out first!)

NICE!!!! If true, great news. Now, how fast and how much will TDO decide to cut??

You know it's weird, but I've been spending the last hour or so wondering where the resident cynics are today. They had all seemed to completely disappear. I've never seen that happen before. Then this news breaks. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Hi Enigma :wave:

You know, people do work and have outside lives and don't spend 24/7 on here. I really think it IS coincidence.

Maybe something that will be a perfect attraction that intertwines with Toontown?

This is WAY more than what I originally thought, as I posted before... :)

Interesting. Sounds like it would be right around that 40th thing. :animwink:

The 40th is in two years. If they can get this done in two years AND make it worthwhile, then I will be amazed. I am looking at a 5 year overhaul. Hope I am wrong that it takes that long though.

A few years from now that back, northeast, corner of the park will be like a whole new place.
*Knock on wood-hopes not to jinx it8

And no....Discovery Bay won't be involved. Tony B. doesn't have THAT much pull.:lol:

I am thinking you mean Toontown or at least a part of Toontown? Maybe I am in the wrong section? And will probably be enchanted forest like we have read here before?

This is sounding good. I really hope it happens, I've been jealous of Disneyland's Fantasyland ever since I went there two years ago. Would the refurb include removing the Medieval Carnival overlay? I sure hope so. Also, would it be ready in time for the 40th?

I'd love to see the Medieval Carnival facades go the way of the Skyway. GONE!!! It would be nice if it were ready by the 40th, but I won't hold my breath on that.

imagineer boy

I'm so happy this is happening. The mideval fair tents simply have to go, they're so ugly and cheap looking. The land needs to have the look of a fairy tale village like DL's and DLP's.

All the same though, I hope the Snow White rollercoaster ride isn't true because quite frankly I don't like the idea of it. I would just prefer keeping the Snow White ride the same and put a Beauty and the Beast ride in the 20k lagoon.

tirian

A few years from now that back, northeast, corner of the park will be like a whole new place.
*Knock on wood-hopes not to jinx it*

Knock hard, because it looks like the plans just might get announced...

And before anybody gets on here saying that this proves TDO isn't as bad as some have claimed, let me tell you: this plan was pushed through by CORPORATE, not by Rasulo, Holmes, and Co.

We're going to be quite grateful, too. :)

NemoRocks78

Seized

And before anybody gets on here saying that this proves TDO isn't as bad as some have claimed, let me tell you: this plan was pushed through by CORPORATE, not by Rasulo, Holmes, and Co.

:sohappy:

tirian

So are there any specifics that can be stated at this point, with the caveat that nothing has final approval yet?

:)

With that caveat and the FACT that I'm not going to give out any solid information (sorry to readers who get frustrated with this):

It'll be huge. TTF has been due for a raze-and-rebuild for nearly five years now, and this *could* be it.

The areas will be MK-exclusive (at least initially...), finally giving the park some TLC and exclusive features not found in other DLs.

If it's fully funded, the medieval fair look will be replaced, and the final product might bring FL closer to Dorothea Redmond's castle courtyard concepts from back in the 60s.

New attractions—originals and the Mermaid clone.

If this plan goes completely through (and people are saying it was greenlighted), John Lasseter is going to look like the knight in shining armor for the MK.

Monorail_Orange

CORPORATE...translation: "The sheriff and his posse." OH YEAH! :D

All light-heartedness aside, I'm confident TLM is a part of this, I am excited because this is sounding like quite a bit more, at least, if I'm reading Drew and Steve correctly.

Monorail_Orange

With that caveat and the FACT that I'm not going to give out any solid information (sorry to readers who get frustrated with this):

It'll be huge. TTF has been due for a raze-and-rebuild for nearly five years now, and this *could* be it.

The areas will be MK-exclusive (at least initially...), finally giving the park some TLC and exclusive features not found in other DLs.

If it's fully funded, the medieval fair look will be replaced, and the final product might bring FL closer to Dorothea Redmond's castle courtyard concepts from back in the 60s.

New attractions—originals and the Mermaid clone.

If this plan goes completely through (and people are saying it was greenlighted), John Lasseter is going to look like the knight in shining armor for the MK.

Thanks for the additional info...someone's gonna have to nail my bottom in my chair if/when this happens, or else risk some serious roof damage.:D

lazyboy97o

Now somebody just needs to push through a preview center. There's plenty of empty space over at Downtown Disney.

CBOMB

I wonder who the main cheerleader is for this 500 million dollar project, and if it will remain 1/2 billon when, or if it gets the go ahead? You can do a lot of painting for that kind of money.

tirian

I wonder who the main cheerleader is for this 500 million dollar project, and if it will remain 1/2 billon when, or if it gets the go ahead? You can do a lot of painting for that kind of money.

You can build several E-tickets if you can keep overpaid egos out of the budget. :cool:

jakeman

So just a quick question.

How many projects in the past have come as close as you guys are saying and then are cancelled? I mean outright cancelled, not retooled or had budget cuts.

Just curious.

jt04

I agree with this. And anybody who reads my posts regularly knows that I've been saying that I felt the recent TWDC reorganization took the big decisions, like this, out of Orlando and placed them in California. The D&G crowd has labeled me an apologist for TDO and that is a bit unfair. I have just critisized what I thought were unfair attacks on individuals. And I do think TDO has made some great decisions lately, from the FW pool refurb to Energy's new retro paint job and more.

As for a MI/DB I think that will still happen and maybe sooner than people think. But I'd be shocked if it went to the MK. I still think jedimaster was right in his take on where it will go.

I believe (pure conjecture) that the decision was between the FL makeover/adds and MI as WDW's counter to Universal. I think the Fantasyland project won out. But I don't think that means MI won't happen, I still think it will. Just a guess though.

CrashNet

Please don't let egos have say...please don't let egos have say... :D

I truly hope most of the big decisions have in fact been moved to California and out of O-Town. With everything going on in Disneyland, you can tell they know how to make the right decisions.

lazyboy97o

I agree with this. And anybody who reads my posts regularly knows that I've been saying that I felt the recent TWDC reorganization took the big decisions, like this, out of Orlando and placed them in California. The D&G crowd has labeled me an apologist for TDO and that is a bit unfair. I have just critisized what I thought were unfair attacks on individuals. And I do think TDO has made some great decisions lately, from the FW pool refurb to Energy's new retro paint job and more.
A decision this big was never going to be approved by any incarnation of Walt Disney World management. They could put together the materials to argue for such a project, but the decision would never be theirs to make. You have been told this repeatedly.

What I get from that post is that nobody from Team Disney Orlando all the way up to the very head of Parks and Resorts was pushing for this project. That is a very bad sign. The whole point of a management structure is negated if corporate cannot rely on them to do their jobs. It may show that corporate is waking up, but it also shows how bad things are within Parks and Resorts.

jt04

A decision this big was never going to be approved by any incarnation of Walt Disney World management. They could put together the materials to argue for such a project, but the decision would never be theirs to make. You have been told this repeatedly.

What I get from that post is that nobody from Team Disney Orlando all the way up to the very head of Parks and Resorts was pushing for this project. That is a very bad sign. The whole point of a management structure is negated if corporate cannot rely on them to do their jobs. It may show that corporate is waking up, but it also shows how bad things are within Parks and Resorts.

The head of "parks and resorts" is part of "corporate". Unless by "corporate" you really mean just Iger.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So just a quick question.

How many projects in the past have come as close as you guys are saying and then are cancelled? I mean outright cancelled, not retooled or had budget cuts.

Just curious.

When there is this much noise it usually happens. The only one that got kinda close was the Animal Kingdom boutique park - but that was more an issue of how the economy turned. and people not fancying paying $300 for an "experience".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom