Fantasyland rehab/updated approved!

lazyboy97o

And no....Discovery Bay won't be involved. Tony B. doesn't have THAT much pull.:lol:
Is Baxter still trying to get Discovery Bay built?

This is sounding good. I really hope it happens, I've been jealous of Disneyland's Fantasyland ever since I went there two years ago. Would the refurb include removing the Medieval Carnival overlay? I sure hope so. Also, would it be ready in time for the 40th?
Disneyland Paris > Disneyland > Magic Kingdom
The Magic Kingdom has the space and Disneyland Paris really should be the model.

Exprcoofto

Is Baxter still trying to get Discovery Bay built?

Disneyland Paris > Disneyland > Magic Kingdom
The Magic Kingdom has the space and Disneyland Paris really should be the model.

I've only seen DLP's from pictures. Would love to see it in person though. Must be awesome to rank it above DLR's.

Skyway

While walking past the FL darkride queues recently and thinking about the rumored rehab, something hit me----------air conditioning!

Fully enclosing the queues would truly pay for itself in a few years due to AC savings. Think of how much energy is wasted blowing cool air into those queues, only to get pulled out into the Florida heat, while still leaving those in line still hot and uncomfortable.

You can tell WDW's designers tried too hard to copy the original Disneyland FL, without giving too much consideration to Florida's inclimate weater (leaving the original Teacups uncovered should have been a wake-up call)

By extending the queues another 10-20 feet into the walkway, relocating entrances, and enclosing it all, guests would be more comfortable, energy would be conserved, and FL would look much better.

My question now is: how will the newly-redesigned IASW queue be effected by the proposed make-over (for those who haven't seen it, the "entrance" was moved to roughly the center, instead of the far left, where it's been since the 05 makeover or the original entrance on the far right. It looks like they may have re-arranged the distance between some of the support beams, and it was all painted a new pink and yellow theme)

Will this new IASW queue remain as-is? Or are there plans for that as well?

I also noticed that almost all of the doors to Pinnochio's Village Haus have been locked, with signs directing guests to the restaurant's main entrance. And it appears one door may be getting sealed off completely.

I wonder if this is being done to make that side of the FL walkway more pedestrian-friendly so they can expand the Peter Pan queue across the way ????????

Horizonsfan

If this comes to fruition I for one will be very happy.

Although I would hope that EF doesn't happen or is at least altered a little.

Mr.EPCOT

I have to say, Discovery Bay looks nice, but there's a lot of other things I'd rather see happen first. I think I would count a Fantasyland expansion/rehab among them.

Lee

Adventurer
I have to say, Discovery Bay looks nice, but there's a lot of other things I'd rather see happen first. I think I would count a Fantasyland expansion/rehab among them.
Eeehhh....I so rarely even go into Fantasyland...the refurb/expansion is nice, but not something I will get as much use/enjoyment from as I would something like DB.

Where would they put something like that? Out past Big Thunder Mountain?
Somewhere in there. The north end of the River.

I always thought it should replace TT and the TL speed way.
Nah, the themes would clash too bad. It works much better as an extension of Frontierland.

Details on Discovery Bay?
Courtesy of Jim Hill:
http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2005/05/23/609.aspx

WishIwasThere

This is exciting news...:sohappy:

Now we need a press event to announce all these...confimed...rumors. Fantasy land makeover...Monsters Inc. coaster...Star Tours 2...Soarin over the world...what else is out there...anything for AK?

janoimagine

http://www.ultimateorlando.com/archive/discoverybay/

Best I could find on Google. Didn't know much about it until now. I kind of doubt it would be part of the FL Refurb, but it would be cool if it was.

EDIT: Beaten to it lol

Anything that would bring back some form of 20K I would be all over. I would love to see this land built. Maybe with the up and coming 20K prequel this idea might start to gain momentum again ... of course that all depends on how well it does at the box office.

IWant2GoNow

:sohappy: x1000

Can't wait to hear more of the details. Please update as you can, reliable sources. Thanks so much for keeping us in the know!

:king: <--- Reliable Sources

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom