Fantasyland Expansion Rumor

Lokheed

Not to mention a Snow White ride.

Did someone say Snow White?

Seriously, while were at SWSA today one of the CM's there was talking to me about the possible expansion. (Look at me, all cool, talking with acronyms! ;-) ) Obviously my son would be very upset if they took away the Snow White ride, but a Seven Dwarfs coaster would be a welcome addition.

Jenna

Never mind kids crying on a bambi ride I think I'd be crying with them lol!
A Beauty and the Beast Ride would be amazing I love that movie and feel that the show (although AMAZING) at DHS is not enough we need MOOOORE! I also like the idea of a mine coaster, would be really cute!
Where is this expansion being added? Anyone have a map that shows?

Enigma

Account Suspended
I won't comment on the blog's attraction roster, but Fantasyland expansion is a fact.*

*For now...things are always subject to change until they've received the greenlight.

Is there anything for fantasyland that is pretty close to happening within the next 3 years or is this all just purely bluesky stuff for like 2012? I wonder if they are considering more attractions based on classic disney stuff such as Alice In Wonderland, a dumbo circus attraction (there was one planned for disneyland in the 80s), silly symphonies, etc.

Horizonsfan

Not any more than the Witch scaring the cr*p out of them on the Snow White ride! Plus I'm sure there are ways to get around that specific scene.

Narrator: And now Bambi is all alone in the world...

Little kid: What happened to the momma?

Narrator: You shut your mouth!

And now the kids are crying for a completely different reason.:p

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Where is this expansion being added? Anyone have a map that shows?
Calm down! Most of this is blue sky. Yes, there is a new attraction going to be built on the 20K plot, and though big will have space left over. Aside from that, north of Fantasyland has always been designated a `if we must` park expansion area. As noted above the actual Fantasyland guests see is one level higher than the real ground level. To maintain grade any new area would also need to be elevated - and with the main Utilidor access area and link road being here elevated means on stilts, not on a hill. The biggest civil engineering project in the MK since Space Mountain was built. Beyond the road, out to the berm and railroad, is still swamp land that never got attention back in 1968 to the extent you can build on it.

Unplugged

Narrator: And now Bambi is all alone in the world...

What about just prior to that narration? How many adults are going to complain because they hit the deck when they heard the shotgun go off? :lookaroun

Really though, a dark Bambi ride? Might be pulling at straws for a good ride from that one. Classic movie, but I don't know about a ride. In fact, Snow White is looking a bit dated as well.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Martin, is there enough space over by where the Fantasyland Skyway Station used to be to build something?

Im no Martin but it seems like if you were to bulldoze that beautiful building and nice queue area/baby stroller area you would (barely) have enough room for a small dark ride like snow white.

Goofnut1980

I love fantasyland but I have to say.. I know we all bring out children and young family members to Disney but the adults are paying the bill.. It really would be nice to adultify (if thats a word) the Fantasyland area... its super kiddy.. Something added for the adults or even teens would be nice to see... The 20K ride was at least something for teens... maybe I just want too much.. haha :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
Martin, is there enough space over by where the Fantasyland Skyway Station used to be to build something?

I'm not Martin, but I can give ya an answer to the question...

Not really, that space butts right up against the backs of the Haunted Mansion and It's a Small World buildings. The Haunted Mansion would be visible from Fantasyland if they removed any of the height from where the Station is.

LudwigVonDrake

I'm not Martin, but I can give ya an answer to the question...

Not really, that space butts right up against the backs of the Haunted Mansion and It's a Small World buildings. The Haunted Mansion would be visible from Fantasyland if they removed any of the height from where the Station is.

1disneydood

I always thought a Bambi dark ride would work well in either MK or the Animal Kingdom.

You know you're a redneck when you envision a Bambi ride to be a shooter style, similar to Buzz. Sponsored by Budweiser. :lol: The giftshop could sell ear flap hats and plaid flannel shirts. :lol:

persuadedflower

i cannot wait till it's fully finished, fantasyland really needs to be updated. && new attractions would be nice, since I've already been on all of them a million times. I always hoped for something to do with beauty and the beast && the little mermaid that would be a ride. Those are my favorite movies. :]

persuadedflower

The skyway building is pretty. :] It should never be destroyed. They should just put the skyway back in there, I really miss it. ;[. They always have to remove the most memorable things.

imagineer boy

A bambi ride would be out of place since it takes place in an american wilderness which wouldn't work in Fantaseyland which is made to look like a European fairy tale village.

As far as adding new rides goes, I think a BatB would suffice. And as for snow white, I'd simply like to see a good rehab rather than a roller coaster. Maybe change a few scenes around so its less scary and a more entertaining ride.

A prettier land.

That's the best way to summarize it. :wave:

Oh that sounds just wonderful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom