Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

Walter Yensid

I don't believe thats the case. That whole plot of land has been looked at specifically for the Racers from what I've been told.

The plot does make sense. Obviously, the cost will be far less than what it cost at DCA. That $1.2 billion includes almost everything they are doing to change the park literally into a new park. You are talking ripping old rides down/putting new ones up, putting in The World of Color show, changing the whole entrance to the park (not done yet), the Little Mermaid, and Carsland. Plus, at DCA, the rock/canyon construction is going to be over 180 feet high to block out the surrounding Anaheim area (which would probably not need to be done at DHS)...these are very expensive projects.

So, even though Carsland probably costs quite a few sheckles, it probably is not anymore than a standard E-ticket addition with pre-show and surrounding area theming, plus we would get the 'clone' savings. The ride looks amazing, so I do not care if it would be a clone or not. I would take it. Plus, this really would open up that whole area and make a true Pixar Place. With the new Disney, you never know when this could come...

question will the many adventures of winnie the pooh remain open during 2010 - 2013 and do we know when the queue for this ride is going to be redone? I hope it is not july 2011 since that is my next visit

Disney-Nautifan

When they redid Disneyland's Fantasyland in 1982 not only did they add new facades and better theming throughout the land and moved around the attractions but they added a new dark ride Pinnochio and went back and redid and expanded EVERY dark ride in the land. Disneyland's Fantasyland is backed to the brim with rides yet WDW's has room for twice as many yet they have less than half of what DL has.

Don't get me wrong Little Mermaid looks great (will write more about it in my report) and im thrilled with Dumbo but to waste all that land on meet and greets aimed at little girls just seems like a waste.

Why didn't they add the Alice in Wonderland dark ride, why not Casey Jr. Circus train, how abotu Storybook land or a new Mr.toad?

I feel they have really squandard the opprotunity they had. BTW none of the existing theming will be changed except for toon town. So its not going to be like Tomorrowland'94 where they changed the facads and theming through the whole land. They are not updating the effects in the existing attractions nor making the rides any longer.

Aside from Mermaid, Dumbo, and the B&B restaurant the entire expansion, a HUGE plot of land, is dedicated to meet and greets for princesses and pixies. Essentially this project is a wash since we are not really gaining anything from it.

I totally agree with you. Nowadays disney theme parks are only aimed towards little girls with their disney princesses and meet and greets in huge castles and forests! But what about all the other age ranges that visit disney theme parks? Isn,t that what the whole idea of disneyland was to walt disney? :(

It was to bring whole families together to have fun, but now its all money ,greed, cheapness, unimagination, and always about the little girls!!!!!! :mad:

In my opinion, I would love to see more atttractions built, less meet and greets, and more unique theming and landscaping....

Disney-Nautifan

I am sorry SirGoofy of speaking that way. I feel so ridiculous :(

Anyway, I believe that the new fantasyland will be good. Just hope that it will be as wonderful and magical as they say. Wish 20'000 leagues was back though... :cry:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I totally agree with you. Nowadays disney theme parks are only aimed towards little girls with their disney princesses and meet and greets in huge castles and forests! But what about all the other age ranges that visit disney theme parks? Isn,t that what the whole idea of disneyland was to walt disney? :(

It was to bring whole families together to have fun, but now its all money ,greed, cheapness, unimagination, and always about the little girls!!!!!! :mad:

In my opinion, I would love to see more atttractions built, less meet and greets, and more unique theming and landscaping....

I kinda like visiting with the princesses myself....if I can get past the little girls in line....:lookaroun

Disney-Nautifan

I know some of you may like to see the princesses, but what about 17 year olds like me for example?

I just don't want to always ride rolercoasters (BORING) and such like expedition everest, but I need a brilliant disney attraction that will amaze me and my imagination! something new and classic!

20'0000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA PLEASE DISNEY!!!!!!!????? :sohappy:

Walter Yensid

I know some of you may like to see the princesses, but what about 17 year olds like me for example?

I just don't want to always ride rolercoasters (BORING) and such like expedition everest, but I need a brilliant disney attraction that will amaze me and my imagination! something new and classic!

There is a saying 'You cannot be all things to all people' and I think it is how Disney approaches things. Walt always wanted his parks to be for people and families of all ages. But, let's be serious, it is impossible to make everyone happy and to offer enough of everything to make each group happy. This is clear in how Disney handles things.

I think Disney has accepted that it is tough for them to grab the 17 to 25 year old market (for theme parks). Yes, Tower of Terror and Everest pull them, but as you can probably admit as a 17 year old, you would probably rather have a park that has more of those rides than less. I think Disney knows if they had too many of those, then it could lose its families and the other ages. Even though plenty of people your age come to Disney and enjoy it, Disney has sort of given that segment to Universal and all their thrill rides.

I mean, let's be honest, if Disney wanted, they could make the Little Mermaid ride some thrilling ride under the sea (good song title...haha). Instead, it will be a no-thrill, but probably amazingly fun E-Ticket. This is an intentional choice.

Disney, like any company, wants everyone of course. But, if they can have you from birth to 16, then lose you for 10 years, they know they will get you back when you are 26 to 30 and have a child. Parents go where their kids will be happy and that is to Disney. I would imagine anyone with a child on here is probably pretty pumped about the plans...because we can already envision the reaction our kids will have in this new land. And that matters most and Disney knows it.

FigmentJedi

You do realize if they did a new 20K ride that it would probably be based on that remake/prequel thing, right?

Besides, bigger priority is the second coming of Dreamfinder.

jt04

See TDS.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Disney, like any company, wants everyone of course. But, if they can have you from birth to 16, then lose you for 10 years, they know they will get you back when you are 26 to 30 and have a child. Parents go where their kids will be happy and that is to Disney. I would imagine anyone with a child on here is probably pretty pumped about the plans...because we can already envision the reaction our kids will have in this new land. And that matters most and Disney knows it.

I agree with you, though I choose to express it in a more corrosive and self centred way. Disney is ignoring the teen young adult market, and expects, rather arrogantly that you will return when you have kids/young kids. This may be short term focus, cant buy Marvel and put rides across all parks, but they surely have to be aware that peoples tastes are changing as are their expectations. I guess from my point of view that many of us from over here havent been raised with Disney as some kind of cultural icon and treat it for what it really is a good holiday destination. my generation always had Disney force fed by terrestrial TV during holidays, that no longer applies and kids have so much choice there are no guarantees that theyll choose brand Disney or feel the same affinity. The marketing shows Disney feels there are more $$$$ to be had from families with young kids, dangerous game given the increasing numbers of empty nesters with plenty of disposable income, who want to be kids at heart but not kids.
Maybe they are just doing something about MK congestion, and have plans for the other parks for us more experience/thrill hungry guests to unvail at the time of Potter opening.#
Even I amm allowed to be optimistic some times.

How awesome!

I have been laying low...fighting some depression issues lately. I knew it was bad, when not even Disney was cheering me up.

But, HOT DOG! This Fantasyland is going to be AWESOME! I have a little 19 mo. old princess who will be just the right age when it opens! I can't wait!

Way to go Disney!

wserratore1963

Man ....I don't know about you when I see my little sister estatic because she thinks mickeys mouse is real and it makes my estatic as well. This land might be aimed for girls but its somethign a whole family is going to be able to enjoy. When I think od Disney i think of the ATMOSPHERE and not the rides because really most of the rides at the Magic Kingdom are for kids and not reall y my taste BUT its the atmosphere why I love disney . You feel like you have entered another realm when you step into a disney park and thats what makes Disney, Disney

Stop bashing disney unimagination???WOOOW:mad::eek::zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom