Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

SirGoofy

Who suggested dreamlights for the new FL environments? Not me. I'd like to see them extend from the castle down Main Street USA. That would work. But the area outside the castle walls should receive an entirely different lighting design that evokes olde world holiday magic.

Sorry, I missed this one. The thread has been going too fast for me!:lol:

But yes, this is the exact idea I was thinking. A very old world, homey-feeling set of lighting. Not the regular dreamlights.

By the way Goof, Liberty Square is lit up quite well with electric lights if you need to see how an era that didn't have electricity can still be themed with it. And I love how the jungle cruise looks at night. That is another example. Perhaps you have seen it. :lol:

Oh, I know. I wasn't saying they shouldn't have electric lights!:lol: LS and Frontierland look perfect at night(except Frontierland is a bit too dark).

And there were electric lights during Jungle Cruise's timeline.;)

_Scar

Oh, I know. I wasn't saying they shouldn't have electric lights!:lol: LS and Frontierland look perfect at night(except Frontierland is a bit too dark).

And there were electric lights during Jungle Cruise's timeline.;)

It really is, and it's way too dark when you're trying to get away from Spectro after exiting Splash/BTMRR... :lookaroun.

I hope there aren't normal lights, what about auras or glows? Fireflys?

Rinx

UGH...really???...Fantasyland???...oh well doesn't look like I'll be benefitting from this so called amazing news and expansion.

_Scar

UGH...really???...Fantasyland???...oh well doesn't look like I'll be benefitting from this so called amazing news and expansion.

lol, you seem to be one of the very few who don't like this. I guess you don't appreciate great scenery either?

_Scar

I completely agree. And I like the expansion. I just worry that families with kids over the age of 7 won't find much to do past Mermaid and the restaurants.

Well, this expansion wasn't meant for the brave but the young at heart :O. Maybe they should head over to DAK to check out the brand new MI!

SirGoofy

Well, this expansion wasn't meant for the brave but the young at heart :O. Maybe they should head over to DAK to check out the brand new MI!

Except there's not going to be, nor was there ever going to be, a MI at DAK.

EDIT: And Disney should never have one demographic in mind when designing a huge expansion like this.

_Scar

Except there's not going to be, nor was there ever going to be, a MI at DAK.

EDIT: And Disney should never have one demographic in mind when designing a huge expansion like this.

Fantasyland has always had kiddie rides... what else did you expect? BatB appeals to just about everyone too.

RadioHead

Wait, who says there's no other planned attractions with the phase 2? I'm pretty much sure there will be some TYPE of attraction in Pixie Hollow, wether it'll be a dark ride, or show....Next I'm pretty sure with the phase 2 in Dumbo that another attraction will be constructed down the road, perhaps Casey???

Finnaly I believe that in the next 10 years that there will be a BATB dark ride....

Exprcoofto

I'm not saying there should be thrill rides.:lol:

But one more ride would have been very welcome.:shrug:

I agree. One more ride would have made this top notch. Not saying it isn't, as I'm loving the plans as they are, and cannot wait for them. But one more ride would be awesome. Maybe something will happen with the (nearly) empty spot between Dumbo and Pixie Hollow.

panther726

So it seems most of you thing just because they announce something and show you concept pictures that they are going to build it.:ROFLOL:I understand most of you have small kids who would like a meet and greet OK fine.But my prediction Dumbo area will be nothing more than Dinoland almost an exact copy.As for phase two stuff probably will never happen.All they did at the announcement was make a lot of hoopla over nothing.I pay a lot of money for tickets to ride rides not for autographs and a picture of an actress dressed like Belle.So basicly we got one new ride a couple meet and greet huts and a new place to eat and another Dumbo ride WOW!So if its announced and has concept art then where is Walts EPCOT?

First of all, Dumbo is based in a carnival setting. They are now making the ride more themed like the movie. It's alright to have a carnival area if the movie is based around it.

If you pay for just the rides, you are kinda missing the Disney magic. If you want straight up thrill rides, then head on over to Universal. Disney is special because they immerse you in their magic in every aspect of your experience. In this thinking, you will never be happy with anything Disney does without adding 5 rides at a time, which will never happen. IMO, if you don't have any interest in FL then don't waste time complaining about it.

Epcot is another discussion for another thread.

_Scar

cough*magic carpet ride coaster*cough

or Mary Poppins dark ride would be amazing. You could be on a caroussel horse....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom