Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

_Scar

I realize exactly what they are doing. Expanding the Magic Kingdom with amazing new environments and family friendly additions while not removing any classic attractions.

So, what does that have to do with small world or the theme? :veryconfu

Iceviper123

For now. I hear that the Fantasyland expansion has been confirmed. Apparently everyone has not gotten the word. :lol:
I'm sure that florida's fantasy land will be one of the best if not the best, once this huge project is done. :D
but the landscaping in paris is just astounding.

3865972236_bc2d987c04.jpg

3865188675_e2cfc39129.jpg

3865189979_6be6ec901f.jpg

3865185889_6acb451d4a.jpg

3865195335_0b2eb96ec5.jpg

3865979148_313a99978c.jpg

_Scar

If EVERYTHING goes according to plan, I think we can top Paris' and have the number 1 Fantasyland. I hope so because the MK needs something to brag about again. :)

WDW1974

DLP's F-land is phenomenal (of course, so aren't all the other lands). Actually looks better than pics above as many things (especially Alice) have been rehabbed since then (I may get pics online myself at some point).

And while I do believe MK's will look great when completed, there are still two caveats to that.

1.) we don't know whether or to what extent any of the 'older' sections of the land will be improved.;

and

2.) even if this area is as spectacular as some fanbois want to believe, it still will not equal Paris or Anaheim due to the simple fact that they both have far more attractions to begin with ... one top notch Mermaid ride, doubling Dumbo and swapping out Tentland meet and greets for better themed ones doesn't equal MK suddenly leap-frogging Paris and Anaheim. Oh, and let's not forget that Mermaid is going on a large chunk of the site of what was once a major E-Ticket in a lushly landscaped area of its own as well.

WDW Vacationer

DLP's F-land is phenomenal (of course, so aren't all the other lands). Actually looks better than pics above as many things (especially Alice) have been rehabbed since then (I may get pics online myself at some point).

And while I do believe MK's will look great when completed, there are still two caveats to that.

1.) we don't know whether or to what extent any of the 'older' sections of the land will be improved.;

and

2.) even if this area is as spectacular as some fanbois want to believe, it still will not equal Paris or Anaheim due to the simple fact that they both have far more attractions to begin with ... one top notch Mermaid ride, doubling Dumbo and swapping out Tentland meet and greets for better themed ones doesn't equal MK suddenly leap-frogging Paris and Anaheim. Oh, and let's not forget that Mermaid is going on a large chunk of the site of what was once a major E-Ticket in a lushly landscaped area of its own as well.
You base land quality off quantity?

That's just wrong.

And dumb.

WDW1974

That's just wrong.

And dumb.

Um, no. Making assumptions is dumb.

I base quality on the entire package.

Both DL and DLP have amazing Fantasylands. They are beautiful. They are large, yet feel intimate. They have oodles of detail. But they also HAVE LOTS OF QUALITY ATTRACTIONS.

And that's what folks go to Disney parks for, in large part.

Otherwise, DAK and TDS would be the most visited Disney parks on the planet.

It's about a lot more than atmosphere. That's important, but you also need substance.

Anaheim and Paris both have that. MK doesn't. This will certainly help, but put it ahead of the others? Um ... I will wait to judge, but I doubt it!

HMF

That's just wrong.

And dumb.
It doesn't matter whether it looks good and is well executed. If the concept is flawed' it won't matter. That's like saying a video game system with stunning graphics but bad games is good just because of the graphics.

_Scar

I'm more of a quality over quantity kind of person. HELLO. I'm a DAK fan... :D

I see DLP's as quality. Even though I've never been there, I want to go there so much! There Storybook Canal, Casey Jr., Alice's Maze, and Teacups look more amazing than some things in TDS. The sights, not the rides, make me want to visit. I strongly beleive that the MK's new Fantasyland will capture that essence too. At least more than half of it at least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom