WDW Snow White's Scary Adventures
snow_white-1.png

Disneyland Peter Pan's Flight
555644138_nRpX7-X3.jpg

WDW Peter Pan's Flight
A01-0001.JPG

:eek:

TP2000

Other Fantasyland attraction facade and structure possibilities from Anaheim and Orlando;

WDW Mickey's Philharmagic

A01-0001.JPG

Disneyland Pinnochio's Daring Journey
pinoc.jpg

Disneyland Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
P1160976-a.jpg

Disneyland Alice In Wonderland
FantasylandAliceRide.gif

trr1

Yeah, but the pic of DL's is all lit up and awesome.... it's not fair, it's just not fair :cry:

Why, out of all the small worlds, do we get the indoor facade version!?
maybe because florida has hurricanes and the features of the california version would be destroyed?:shrug:

_Scar

good point

It's just another case of WDW getting screwed. Just look at those Fanatasyland pictures above. :cry: Just a travesty.... no wonder we got the expansion.

Edit- Just read a trip report where they referenced TDL's iasw as indoor.... so, you win lol

trr1

It's just another case of WDW getting screwed. Just look at those Fanatasyland pictures above. :cry: Just a travesty.... no wonder we got the expansion.

Edit- Just read a trip report where they referenced TDL's iasw as indoor.... so, you win lol
it looks like WDW's is more circus themed

TP2000

I can't wait to leave Florida and check out all of the other Disney parks. Too bad my parents won't stop cruising... :brick:

You will love Disneyland. It has a very different vibe from WDW.

Here's what Disneyland does with It's A Small World Holiday at night; every fifteen minutes after the Clock Show finishes they do this with digital projectors over the 160 foot long facade of the attraction and outdoor loading area; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elDvo5uCTXQ

And at dusk during It's A Small World Holiday they have this fun "Lighting Moment" when all the Christmas lights turn on for the night; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t11MkEmNSro&NR=1

There's also tamer lighting shows the rest of the year when the clock show happens every 15 minutes, or the Disneyland Railroad train passes by at night.

I firmly believe that is what's missing from WDW theme parks; SHOWMANSHIP! These little details make Disneyland so much fun, and so unique. They can't be marketed or hyped in a vacation planning DVD, but they just add to the overall visit and make Disneyland so charming and so special. WDW management would be wise to try and tap into that type of Disneyland-style magic and charm. It will cost a bit of money, and you can't really mass market it, but it makes all the difference! :wave:

_Scar

Thank you for posting those 2 videos. It's SO amazing.

But I still think there are details in WDW that Disneyland can't touch. A lot of them are in DAK :lol:

TP2000

Thank you for posting those 2 videos. It's SO amazing.

But I still think there are details in WDW that Disneyland can't touch. A lot of them are in DAK :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I do love AK. And Epcot Center. But the Magic Kingdom needs some TLC. They just seem too content to have these buildings and facades sit there doing nothing, when current technology allows them to do fun stuff with lighting and projections and dusky "lighting moments" just for the sake of doing something fun at Small World, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, the Castle, etc., etc.

_Scar

Don't get me wrong, I do love AK. And Epcot Center. But the Magic Kingdom needs some TLC. They just seem too content to have these buildings and facades sit there doing nothing, when current technology allows them to do fun stuff with lighting and projections and dusky "lighting moments" just for the sake of doing something fun at Small World, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, the Castle, etc., etc.

ITA about the lighting. HM has lighting, too? I think our HM still beat though :lol::p. We gotta win at something! Everything else besides Frontland and Liberty Square.... meh. I REALLY hope we get some projections with the Space Refurb.

WDW1974

I firmly believe that is what's missing from WDW theme parks; SHOWMANSHIP! These little details make Disneyland so much fun, and so unique. They can't be marketed or hyped in a vacation planning DVD, but they just add to the overall visit and make Disneyland so charming and so special. WDW management would be wise to try and tap into that type of Disneyland-style magic and charm. It will cost a bit of money, and you can't really mass market it, but it makes all the difference! :wave:

Great point. Nailed it.

And it isn't just at DL. DLP and even HKDL get the little things ... the Disney Details down.

WDW? Not so much. Certainly, DAK does. EPCOT did and still does in areas.

But overall? Nope. It's the Bigger is Better mentality ...

A wife of a friend (he is a Disney nut, she puts up with him) calls the MK a 'mass market characture of DL' ... I am hard-pressed to put it better.

_Scar

For now. I hear that the Fantasyland expansion has been confirmed. Apparently everyone has not gotten the word. :lol:

We'll still have an indoor iasw and circus themeing. You do realize this is not a refurb of what we have right?

jt04

We'll still have an indoor iasw and circus themeing. You do realize this is not a refurb of what we have right?

I realize exactly what they are doing. Expanding the Magic Kingdom with amazing new environments and family friendly additions while not removing any classic attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom