Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

_Scar

Thats like saying Disney wouldn't let WDW advertise using footage from Disneyland's Space Mountain (showing side by side seating and onboard audio) if it wasn't being added to Florida's Space Mountain.

Heck, when they reopened Paris's space mountain they spliced in footage from the first Epcot Mission:Space commercial. Disney does these kinds of tactics from time to time to beef up there announcements. There's probably even a disclaimer in the press release that says what gets built may not look anything like what you see.

Since it was D23 they probably needed art that was really striking but since Dan Gooze doesn't do the concept art anymore and the current guy does a horrible job they pulled out some retro pieces at the last minute to spice it up.

As I said the 3-ring circus tent and the bleachers will be in the final product.

I don't get how you think Disney would make that shady of a move. But to each their own. :shrug: Personally, I think they needed art and they used what inspired the Dumbo area. Just a guess.

Whoever did the concept art with the castle and Fantasyland bird's eye view needs a raise. I wonder why they didn't make that artist do it?

WDWGoof07

That concept art is actually an unused concept for TOKYO Disneyland. Hence why you see the Carousel and Casey Jr. in the pic. Florida's version will be a playarea for toddlers in the middle surrounded by bleacher that people sit on to wait for the ride.
Do you know this for a fact? Disney's official announcement didn't specify anything beyond "next-gen" queue, which could mean a lot of things. And, as was stated previously, how do you know they aren't more or less resurrecting the Tokyo concept for WDW?

(P.S. 100th post!:sohappy:)

jakeman

Do you know this for a fact? Disney's official announcement didn't specify anything beyond "next-gen" queue, which could mean a lot of things. And, as was stated previously, how do you know they aren't more or less resurrecting the Tokyo concept for WDW?

He doesn't.

He has no more information than the rest of us.

The Conundrum

I do.

and to back up my "claims" you can watch the press conferance and hear the lead project manager say it himself

Jakeman has some bizare vendetta against me so don't let him answer for me.

_Scar

I do.

and to back up my "claims" you can watch the press conferance and hear the lead project manager say it himself

I don't remember seeing that. Care to post the vid it's in so we can see it? There are so many D23 vids.

jakeman

It's not so much of a vendetta as you are unequivocally wrong quite a bit and it's so glaringly easy to point out it takes almost no effort.

Just to be clear when I say wrong, I don't mean that your opinion is wrong, I mean you get basic facts wrong.

But if you think fact checking is personal then be my guest.

For example, while you are correct that the lead project manager stated that there will be bleachers for parents and a 3-ring circus, you neglected to add the last bit of his statement where he says that guest will be more immersed in the storyline.

Here I'll link it. It's at about the 6 minute mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw2yNeBiekc

The Conundrum

It's not so much of a vendetta as you are unequivocally wrong quite a bit and it's so glaringly easy to point out it takes almost no effort.

Just to be clear when I say wrong, I don't mean that your opinion is wrong, I mean you get basic facts wrong.

But if you think fact checking is personal then be my guest.

For example, while you are correct that the lead project manager stated that there will be bleachers for parents and a 3-ring circus, you neglected to add the last bit of his statement where he says that guest will be more immersed in the storyline.

Here I'll link it. It's at about the 6 minute mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw2yNeBiekc

"Inside the tent, alot of great energy, places for KIDS to run and burn off energy. For ADULTS, places to sit and WATCH the kids play."

Immersed in the storytelling is just corporate buzz. As far as Disney is concerned, Pooh's Playground also immerses guests in the storyline.

The other guy asks him again "It sounds like grizzly point" and the guy goes "yea" and Grizzly point at DCA is just a play area for kids.

If you think im wrong then your setting yourself up for disappointment come 2012. Again its all there straight from the imagineers mouths.

jakeman

Immersed in the storytelling is just corporate buzz. As far as Disney is concerned, Pooh's Playground also immerses guests in the storyline.
This is where your arguement falls apart.

You are presenting your opinion as fact that "immersive storytelling" is a corporate buzzword. Especially when it has been proven to be just the opposite in many many other attraction and lands.

WDWGoof07

I do.

The Imagineers never went into details about the scope of the interactivity. You hear "play area for kids" and assume that it means a playground under a circus tent. Even if it is a playground with bleachers for the parents, it will be impressively themed, and it will provide a much better waiting experience than any existing Dumbo queue in the world (while doubling the capacity too!).

But how do you know the Imagineers aren't planning interactive circus-themed performances under the tent to actively engage the kiddies in the show? You would have to be pretty blasé not to appreciate something like that, and parents could conceivably get in on the fun with that.

The fact is you don't know any better than the rest of us. So stop trying to sound like an insider and wait until it opens before you condemn it.

Figment632

The Imagineers never went into details about the scope of the interactivity. You hear "play area for kids" and assume that it means a playground under a circus tent. Even if it is a playground with bleachers for the parents, it will be impressively themed, and it will provide a much better waiting experience than any existing Dumbo queue in the world (while doubling the capacity too!).

But how do you know the Imagineers aren't planning interactive circus-themed performances under the tent to actively engage the kiddies in the show? You would have to be pretty blasé not to appreciate something like that, and parents could conceivably get in on the fun with that.

The fact is you don't know any better than the rest of us. So stop trying to sound like an insider and wait until it opens before you condemn it.

Exactly, the imagineers arent going to release every detail at D23 we will have to wait and see but even if he did talkt to someone it doesnt make it true. Since he cant proove any of this we will just have to wait and see.

The Conundrum

Listen huckleberry, im not condeming the dumbo expansion. As far as im concerned it was the best thing they announced at D23 aside from Star Tours II. What I don't like is this emphasize on the playarea is for kids and the adults sit on the bleachers which 100% goes against what walt disney did not want at his parks. In fact, he came up with the idea for Disneyland because he was sitting on a park bench at an amusment park waiting for his kids to get done with there carnival rides and playgrounds and he wanted a place where kids and adults could have fun together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom