Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

EPCOT Explorer

Exactly.

The themed meet & greets are essentially replacing Toon Town
Little Mermaid is replacing 20,000 Leagues Under the sea (15 years late but whatever)
There is no replacement for the Skyway however the expanded Dumbo will help to make up for capacity lost.

The net gain is Beast Castle Restaurant and some much needed refreshments to the land.
And what of the experience of it? What of the feeling it's going to create? What of the themeing and intricate setting they will create?:shrug:

List those too...
Yes instead of just meeting characters, now you can make them birthday cards.
That's only for one of them.

I am. I'll explain.

I don't care about them personally and will probably do them once out of curiosity and never again unless I have a kid, but I do see their value and can understand the importance of them to other people.

I have also seen enough childrens and parents to understand that these additions are attractions to them, and will be a very important part of their trip.

I can also see how these M&G indirectly will affect me. Three hundred people (made up number) in a que for M&G with their screaming, snotty, tired, children is 300 people I don't have to put up with elsewhere in the parks.

So am I excited? Yep, because it is a part of the whole and I'm okay with not every single thing having to be about me directly to understand that I will more than likely benefit.
Exactly. New and Old. M/G's and a highly experience. :D
Wow, moving this thread really slowed it down.
:(
themed

_Scar

Does anyone else see dumbo's mom in the concept art inside the tents?

dumbo.jpg

_Scar

That concept art is actually an unused concept for TOKYO Disneyland. Hence why you see the Carousel and Casey Jr. in the pic. Florida's version will be a playarea for toddlers in the middle surrounded by bleacher that people sit on to wait for the ride.

So it's a child's playground and adults still have to wait doing nothing on bleachers? I want Mrs. Jumbo! :cry:

EPCOT Explorer

That concept art is actually an unused concept for TOKYO Disneyland. Hence why you see the Carousel and Casey Jr. in the pic. Florida's version will be a playarea for toddlers in the middle surrounded by bleacher that people sit on to wait for the ride.

Do you know for sure if they are not using the concept over here?

It's possible, I hope you realize that.

_Scar

Do you know for sure if they are not using the concept over here?

It's possible, I hope you realize that.

I think they're using the basics. They're still using the three ring circus and Casey Jr. Train. WDI would not let them put up that concept art at D23 if it weren't similar to what's going in.

The Conundrum

I think they're using the basics. They're still using the three ring circus and Casey Jr. Train. WDI would not let them put up that concept art at D23 if it weren't similar to what's going in.

Thats like saying Disney wouldn't let WDW advertise using footage from Disneyland's Space Mountain (showing side by side seating and onboard audio) if it wasn't being added to Florida's Space Mountain.

Heck, when they reopened Paris's space mountain they spliced in footage from the first Epcot Mission:Space commercial. Disney does these kinds of tactics from time to time to beef up there announcements. There's probably even a disclaimer in the press release that says what gets built may not look anything like what you see.

Since it was D23 they probably needed art that was really striking but since Dan Gooze doesn't do the concept art anymore and the current guy does a horrible job they pulled out some retro pieces at the last minute to spice it up.

As I said the 3-ring circus tent and the bleachers will be in the final product.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom