Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

ms7479a

I still have not heard any real similarities between FL and WS, aside from the idea of separate lands. So why not call FL a mini MK? It fits the same argument that is being made for FL to be like WS.

For me, World Showcase is not about the rides/movies/shows. While these all add to my overall experience there, they are not solely the reason for why I go to World Showcase. I could spend hours in World Showcase and not go on any attractions. It is just as much about the shops, restaurants, and overall atmosphere as it is the attractions. World Showcase is successful in that each pavilion creates a completely different immersive experience that transports guests to a different world. This is the similarity that I see with the new Fantasyland. From the concept art it appears as though the new additions will be heavily themed/detailed, allowing guests to really feel as though they are entering into the realms of the different Disney princesses. It is just as much about atmosphere as it is about the attractions. This is one thing that the current Fantasyland is lacking. When I go to Fantasyland now, I feel as though I am in Disney World, but hopefully the new additions to Fantasyland will make you feel as though you have stepped out of Florida and into a completely new world entirely (just like in World Showcase).

peterpanic74

For me, World Showcase is not about the rides/movies/shows. While these all add to my overall experience there, they are not solely the reason for why I go to World Showcase. I could spend hours in World Showcase and not go on any attractions. It is just as much about the shops, restaurants, and overall atmosphere as it is the attractions. World Showcase is successful in that each pavilion creates a completely different immersive experience that transports guests to a different world. This is the similarity that I see with the new Fantasyland. From the concept art it appears as though the new additions will be heavily themed/detailed, allowing guests to really feel as though they are entering into the realms of the different Disney princesses. It is just as much about atmosphere as it is about the attractions. This is one thing that the current Fantasyland is lacking. When I go to Fantasyland now, I feel as though I am in Disney World, but hopefully the new additions to Fantasyland will make you feel as though you have stepped out of Florida and into a completely new world entirely (just like in World Showcase).

Good post! Agreed. :king:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
_scar
SirGoofy
The Conundrum
JT04
Epcot Explorer

Can we please keep this on topic and stop the arguing amongst each other. I've just had to delete about 90 posts of irrelevent arguing. You are dominating this thread and reducing it to nonsense. If you wish to continue please do so via PM.

EPCOT Explorer

_scar
SirGoofy
The Conundrum
JT04
Epcot Explorer

Can we please keep this on topic and stop the arguing amongst each other. I've just had to delete about 90 posts of irrelevent arguing. You are dominating this thread and reducing it to nonsense. If you wish to continue please do so via PM.
Sorry:wave:

Just going along with the discussion.

The Conundrum

As I previously stated this is absolutely nothing like the World Showcase, I wish people would stop perpetuating this idea. It is an elaborately themed Toon Town.

Exactly.

The themed meet & greets are essentially replacing Toon Town
Little Mermaid is replacing 20,000 Leagues Under the sea (15 years late but whatever)
There is no replacement for the Skyway however the expanded Dumbo will help to make up for capacity lost.

The net gain is Beast Castle Restaurant and some much needed refreshments to the land.

_Scar

Exactly.

Little Mermaid is replacing 20,000 Leagues Under the sea (15 years late but whatever)
There is no replacement for the Skyway however the expanded Dumbo will help to make up for capacity lost.

The net gain is Beast Castle Restaurant and some much needed refreshments to the land.

I can't beleive people are comparing this expansion to a bigger Toontown. :brick: These are much much more than meet and greets!! :/

WDWGoof07

Exactly.

Actually, it's only a zero sum game in terms of the number of what you consider attractions. Capacity-wise, LM is a large increase over 20K (a much needed increase), and a second Dumbo also adds capacity (marginal compared to LM). And the other additions sound like more than simple meet & greets. These are interactive, low ticket attractions that will also spread some of the FL crowds.

And then there's the elaborate theming and atmosphere that Disney is going to create. This is as interesting as LM for me. I enjoy the absolute immersion of theme in AK, and it looks like Disney wants to incorporate some of that into MK. I can't wait to explore around this new area and soak in all of the atmosphere, even though I probably won't partake in the princess attractions. When all is said and done, I think our FL will rival or surpass Disneyland's, at least from a theme standpoint.

I wish they would have put a Wonderland section in this Fantasy Forest, or maybe even just the labyrinth from DLP. As long as we're talking about immersive atmosphere, I would love to explore a Wonderland area. There are so many possibilities for such a mini-land. Of course, "Alice in Wonderland" is my favorite Disney movie, but I think many people would enjoy it, too. Oh well...the consolation is that Mad Tea Party is getting a DLP-style roof!

The "Be Our Guest" restaurant is something I'm definitely going to check out. I'm also curious about the Dumbo Circus area.

Overall, I'm excited for this expansion. It's not perfect, but I think it will be a worthy addition to the MK. The E-ticket, the restaurant, and the atmosphere are good enough for me. I can't wait until it opens!

RadioHead

actually, it's only a zero sum game in terms of the number of what you consider attractions. Capacity-wise, lm is a large increase over 20k (a much needed increase), and a second dumbo also adds capacity (marginal compared to lm). And the other additions sound like more than simple meet & greets. These are interactive, low ticket attractions that will also spread some of the fl crowds.

And then there's the elaborate theming and atmosphere that disney is going to create. This is as interesting as lm for me. I enjoy the absolute immersion of theme in ak, and it looks like disney wants to incorporate some of that into mk. I can't wait to explore around this new area and soak in all of the atmosphere, even though i probably won't partake in the princess attractions. When all is said and done, i think our fl will rival or surpass disneyland's, at least from a theme standpoint.

qft!

Figment632

To be fair, I think we all need to wait for more information before condemning the whole area.

Oh the expansion will be great but I can see SB birthday turning into a big problem very fast.

They havent said how long each child will get to make the card but knowing DIsney they wont rush any child so I could see the wait time being terrible for this one.

rudyjr13

Oh the expansion will be great but I can see SB birthday turning into a big problem very fast.

They havent said how long each child will get to make the card but knowing DIsney they wont rush any child so I could see the wait time being terrible for this one.

Maybe they will have an appointment/fast pass system for this then to help with the wait times.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Is anyone actually excited about these "shows" inside the M&Gs? I am not talking about being excited for the entire project, but specifically the shows inside the M&Gs. Obviously we are all excited for the Beast restaurant, and TLM, and the overall look of the area. But lots of people are defending the M&Gs and I am just curious if anyone is actually excited about these.

SirGoofy

Is anyone actually excited about these "shows" inside the M&Gs? I am not talking about being excited for the entire project, but specifically the shows inside the M&Gs. Obviously we are all excited for the Beast restaurant, and TLM, and the overall look of the area. But lots of people are defending the M&Gs and I am just curious if anyone is actually excited about these.

I think the Cinderella one will be very cool.

But the other two? Not so much.

FigmentJedi

I imagine it'll work on the same principle as the Kidcot/Animal Kingdom Discovery centers, though with a larger space for said kiosk.

jakeman

I am. I'll explain.

I don't care about them personally and will probably do them once out of curiosity and never again unless I have a kid, but I do see their value and can understand the importance of them to other people.

I have also seen enough childrens and parents to understand that these additions are attractions to them, and will be a very important part of their trip.

I can also see how these M&G indirectly will affect me. Three hundred people (made up number) in a que for M&G with their screaming, snotty, tired, children is 300 people I don't have to put up with elsewhere in the parks.

So am I excited? Yep, because it is a part of the whole and I'm okay with not every single thing having to be about me directly to understand that I will more than likely benefit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom