Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

jt04

What isn't a prefurb jt?

Anything getting a refurb.

HoP and LWtL are refurbs.

A prefurb, by my definition, is anything that has a planned refurbishment scheduled but certain infrastructure problems can't wait and force an earlier than planned closure to address those issues but does not address all the planned changes which are then accomplished at a later date. Fixing BTMR's lift hill last year was an example. If TTA has a planned plussing in the future, then the work they have done over the last couple months......yep, prefurb.

ChristianG

This is Exciting! :D I can't wait! But I don't like the new Dumbo idea. Well I like the circus part, but I don't like how there are two Dumbo rides right next to each other, one having more Dumbo's than the other. They need to make them even to make it look nice! But despite that, I can't wait until this is finished!

Probably not. You are more than likely in the minority though.

Please elaborate though.

I feel like nothing is wrong with Fantasyland right now that warrants tearing the whole thing apart. Yes, I'm glad they are tearing Toon Town down and finally doing something with the old 20K space but I don't think more meet and greet areas are really going to improve Fantasyland. An Ariel ride will be nice but they could build that without having to destroy everything else.

I think Lasseter's quote of "it's not fair the shortest guest wait in the longest lines" is the equivalent of a band like Green Day asking a crowd of people "Are you ready to rock!" of course everyone is going to cheer....

And honestly why dont they work on Animal Kingdom, it's the biggest space with the least to do. Or tear down the pointless back lot to nowhere and convert it into cars land like they're doing in DCA. The Magic Kingdom is fine how it is....

SirGoofy

I feel like nothing is wrong with Fantasyland right now that warrants tearing the whole thing apart. Yes, I'm glad they are tearing Toon Town down and finally doing something with the old 20K space but I don't think more meet and greet areas are really going to improve Fantasyland. An Ariel ride will be nice but they could build that without having to destroy everything else.

Read the FAQs and the rest of the thread. Nothing is getting demolished other than Toontown. The rest of Fantasyland is staying, save for Dumbo being moved.

And honestly why dont they work on Animal Kingdom, it's the biggest space with the least to do. Or tear down the pointless back lot to nowhere and convert it into cars land like they're doing in DCA. The Magic Kingdom is fine how it is....

No, the MK is far from fine where it is. It needs this expansion and another small expansion to bring it up to speed with DL, DLP, and TDL.

jt04

Just watched the John Lasseter D23 press conference. He briefly mentions the new FL expansion. He confirms that WtP will have it's own enclosed environment as the artwork seems to reflect. A mini-land that almost assuredly will use fall foliage as a design element.

So the World Showcase mini-lands concept seems more assured by the day.

Castle
Castle Courtyard
Fantasy Forest (Cindy, Aurora, transitional elements)
Winnie the Poohland
BatBland
Little Mermaidland
Pixie Hollow
Medieval Fair
Dumbo Circusland

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Just watched the John Lasseter D23 press conference. He briefly mentions the new FL expansion. He confirms that WtP will have it's own enclosed environment as the artwork seems to reflect. A mini-land that almost assuredly will use fall foliage as a design element.

So the World Showcase mini-lands concept seems more assured by the day.

Castle
Castle Courtyard
Fantasy Forest (Cindy, Aurora, transitional elements)
Winnie the Poohland
BatBland
Little Mermaidland
Pixie Hollow
Medieval Fair
Dumbo Circusland

As I previously stated this is absolutely nothing like the World Showcase, I wish people would stop perpetuating this idea. It is an elaborately themed Toon Town.

jakeman

As I previously stated this is absolutely nothing like the World Showcase, I wish people would stop perpetuating this idea. It is an elaborately themed Toon Town.
It seems plausible based on the information we have at this point.

Each movie seems to have a designated place in the new land, just like each country has it's own pavilion in Epcot.

I can see where the analogies can be draw (once again, based on the information currently available).

However, when it comes down to it, we don't really know what it is going to turn out to be at this point: Toontown, World Showcase, etc.

SirGoofy

Yea, I really don't get the the whole "WS" idea. I feel like that's something people made up when people were saying there weren't enough rides.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Yea, I really don't get the the whole "WS" idea. I feel like that's something people made up when people were saying there weren't enough rides.

Yeah, that is what happened. I don't see any similarities between the two. I do however see lots of similarities between FL2 and Toon Town. I realize its not as exciting to think about it as being like TT, but the fact is, it is more like TT then WS.

jakeman

Yeah, that is what happened. I don't see any similarities between the two. I do however see lots of similarities between FL2 and Toon Town. I realize its not as exciting to think about it as being like TT, but the fact is, it is more like TT then WS.
I think people drawing whatever conclusion they want is fine due to the lack of information we have at the moment.

Why is the comparison such a bad thing?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I think people drawing whatever conclusion they want is fine due to the lack of information we have at the moment.

Why is the comparison such a bad thing?

Because it cheapens the WS to have the new Fantasy Forest compared to it. They are not even remotely close to the same thing. In fact there really is no place in the world like WS, and to compare a bunch of M&Gs to it is just silly.

TalkingHead

Because it cheapens the WS to have the new Fantasy Forest compared to it. They are not even remotely close to the same thing. In fact there really is no place in the world like WS, and to compare a bunch of M&Gs to it is just silly.

How's that? WS is also heavy on atmosphere, restaurants, shopping, live entertainment and M/Gs.

Sounds pretty close to what the Newest Fantasyland is shaping up to be.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I still have not heard any real similarities between FL and WS, aside from the idea of separate lands. So why not call FL a mini MK? It fits the same argument that is being made for FL to be like WS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom