Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

_Scar

I'm betting there isn't going to be a refurb next year.

Someone posted here that they asked a CM about the yeti and they said they gave up and will fix him during next year's refurb.

That yeti was amazing when I saw it working. You don't see him, and you aren't meant to. When you first ride it you don't usually realize what it is until afterwards.

Slowjack

"...most people just whiz by and don't even see it. I know exactly where it is, and sometimes I don't even get to spot it."

ROFL. It's not meant for you to stare directly at it. It's more to see a glimpse of it and flinch when you see the hand coming at you.
Yes, that's the idea, but is it a good idea? To only have the one AA (if it's even working) and for you to only get a glimpse? It's sort of a like a restaurant where the signature dish is served in a thimble.

_Scar

BTMRR is just as loud bumpy and lousy at night. That first lift sounds like the ride is going to break.

At least on EE you get to see WDW all lit up when going up the hill. So gorgeous.

EPCOT Explorer

You don't think EE is well themed???
I think I am highly themed...:lookaroun:lol:

And FTR...If the QUEUE is highly themed, but the ride is moderatly themed...doesn't it all average out? :lol: And what more can you put in a frozen mountain?:lookaroun
I'm betting there isn't going to be a refurb next year.
I hope you are wrong?

I agree, a prefurb is more likely.
PreFurb? Seriously jt...:rolleyes::lol::lol: Is this the new "Sheriff" Gag?

RSoxNo1

I enjoy Expedition Everest, but in my opinion it suffered because it was the most hyped ride at WDW in the internet/web forum era and it didn't exceed the ridiculous expectations that were established for the attraction.

I understand that the Yeti is almost by name elusive. I understand that any encounters we have with him should be fleeting. I don't know how many "show scenes were cut from the ride, but the build up that's set up now has three man "show scenes" where we encounter the Yeti:
1. At the top of the lift hill in the icy caverns we see claw marks, and then the torn track
2. The Yeti Projection room
3. The Yeti encounter

To me, the ways these three encounters could be improved are as follows:

1. Torn track - As the car approaches the broken track, we catch a glimpse of the Yeti's arm or leg disappear down the backside of the mountain.
2. Yeti Projection room - There needs to be something similar to the old King Kong attraction at Universal Studios. The track needs to shake when we see the Yeti projection.
3. The Yeti encounter - this needs to actually work

Exprcoofto

Went once in 2001. It's not such a much. IMHO, of course, it's very skippable.

I find it very skippable too, however, I always love it when I do get the chance to go over there. While riding the LB, I noticed there is a huge portion of the island not in use. It would be cool if the island got redone with some cool interactive game type activity similar to KP in World Showcase, just themed to Tom Sawyer. (though this is certainly not on the top of my want list)

TSI.png

EPCOT Explorer

I find it very skippable too, however, I always love it when I do get the chance to go over there. While riding the LB, I noticed there is a huge portion of the island not in use. It would be cool if the island got redone with some cool interactive game type activity similar to KP in World Showcase, just themed to Tom Sawyer. (though this is certainly not on the top of my want list)

TSI.png

I never knew it was that big....They could do quite a lot over there...:D:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom