Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

The Conundrum

Yeah, that's pretty much what the person from WDI who posts on RADP said. Though they didn't say specifically *what* was in Phase 2 (or rather, Phase 3 I guess, if we're counting Pixie Hollow as Phase 2), just that plans did exist beyond the completion of Pixie Hollow...

-Rob

Knowing Disney don't expect anything beyond what was announced. You will be lucky if the land ends up looking half as good as the concept art and luckier still if the little details survive like the new Pooh queue and new ceiling for the tea cups.

Figment632

Knowing Disney don't expect anything beyond what was announced. You will be lucky if the land ends up looking half as good as the concept art and luckier still if the little details survive like the new Pooh queue and new ceiling for the tea cups.

I don't know how you could think this Disney goes beyond anyone in theming 99% of the time. Recently you could look at EE for example. Since 90% of this expansion is themed meet and greets I'm sure it's going to be great.

janoimagine

Maybe I should have worded that differently I was telling him to look a some recent examples and that EE is amazingly themed.

Gotcha ... I thought you were crazy for a second. :D EE is one of the best themed rides they have ... now if only they could get all its effects working. :lookaroun

Figment632

Gotcha ... I thought you were crazy for a second. :D EE is one of the best themed rides they have ... now if only they could get all its effects working. :lookaroun

I'm probaly crazy just not that crazy. Yes it would be nice to get the effects working because for me the Yetti makes or breaks that ride.

Slowjack

EE has one of the best themed queues/surrounding areas they have.

The ride? Not so much.
Yeah! What we need is a coaster with the queue theming of EE and the ride theming of BTMR. Hold on to yer hats, 'cause this here is the wildest ride in the Himalayan wilderness!

RSoxNo1

EE has one of the best themed queues/surrounding areas they have.

The ride? Not so much.

I've asked multiple people that have visited Disney World for the first time as adult males in the 20s. Expedition Everest is near the top of every list. I would argue that it is better themed than Space Mountain or Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and the only Orlando coasters with better theming are The Mummy and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

SirGoofy

I've asked multiple people that have visited Disney World for the first time as adult males in the 20s. Expedition Everest is near the top of every list.

Well yea...it's one of the few true thrill rides in the parks. That doesn't surprise me at all.

I would argue that it is better themed than Space Mountain or Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and the only Orlando coasters with better theming are The Mummy and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

It maybe slightly better than those two attractions, but it's still fairly bare bones. The fact that BTM opened a good thirty years before it, and yet still has more to look at says a lot. I'm not saying it's a bad ride, but it gets way too much hype for being well themed, especially since it was hyped as the next step in story telling. I bought into the hype originally, but after a lot of rides I realized there really isn't much to the ride.

hwdelien

I've asked multiple people that have visited Disney World for the first time as adult males in the 20s. Expedition Everest is near the top of every list. I would argue that it is better themed than Space Mountain or Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and the only Orlando coasters with better theming are The Mummy and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

And while the theming is grand, the thrill factor is very low for BTMRR IMHO. Not even close to the scale of SM, RnR, or the Mummy. The mummy is amazingly themed; however, it is obvious that Universal isn't on the same level of AA as disney.

RSoxNo1

And while the theming is grand, the thrill factor is very low for BTMRR IMHO. Not even close to the scale of SM, RnR, or the Mummy. The mummy is amazingly themed; however, it is obvious that Universal isn't on the same level of AA as disney.

I disagree - the AA's in The Mummy are the best AA's in any themed coaster in Orlando. Sure if the Yeti worked it would be better, but it doesn't. That being said, I think Everest is a better ride and is more thrilling, even with the $15 million stuffed animal at the end.

Ride BTMRR at night. You'll change your mind.

BTMRR is a better ride at night, ironically because the tunnels are darker so you can see less of the theming. However, I think most outdoor coasters are better at night.

The Conundrum

Ive seen Yeti in A mode a few times and honestly he wasnt that impressive. They should have made the scene with him longer or went with the original concept and had multiple encounters with the yeti throughout the attraction.

AEfx

I completely disagree. The yeti was spectacular. Sad that I have to say was.

It's really embarassing that the Yeti turned out to be such a technical piece of garbage.

I mean, they had 2 different TV specials about the dang thing, promoted the heck out of it, and most people just whiz by and don't even see it. I know exactly where it is, and sometimes I don't even get to spot it.

Sad, sad.

_Scar

I completely disagree. The yeti was spectacular. Sad that I have to say was.

Multiple encounters would have been cool.

Don't worry. He'll be fixed when they refurb next year :)

"...most people just whiz by and don't even see it. I know exactly where it is, and sometimes I don't even get to spot it."

ROFL. It's not meant for you to stare directly at it. It's more to see a glimpse of it and flinch when you see the hand coming at you. The main part you can 100% see is he eyes glowing red. It's not like some trains go slower and get a better look... :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom