Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

The Conundrum

It was pointed out to me a few days ago that when the new WDW Fantasyland is done it will have been almost 30 years since DL's new Fantasyland.:(

It will be over 30 years actually.

New Fantasyland California opened in 1982

New Fantasyland Florida won't be completed until 2013 at the earliest and thats just phase 1. :(

On a similar note, Star Tours II was supposed to open in summer 2001. I have been waiting 10+ years for it! That means by the time Dreamfinder/Figment come back we will all be senior citizens with grandchildren

Exprcoofto

It will be over 30 years actually.

New Fantasyland California opened in 1982

New Fantasyland Florida won't be completed until 2013 at the earliest and thats just phase 1. :(

On a similar note, Star Tours II was supposed to open in summer 2001. I have been waiting 10+ years for it! That means by the time Dreamfinder/Figment come back we will all be senior citizens with grandchildren

Fantasyland Phase 1 opens in 2012 with Phase 2 (Pixie Hollow) coming in 2013.

JustInTime

No. I am going by what I heard directly from imagineers.

Little Mermaid ride, Beast Restaurant, and the meet & greets are 2012

Pixie Hollow is 2013

Phase 2 would come later and add Casey Jr. and the Tinkerbell ride.

These are not fan rumors. If you want to hear it yourself dig up the videos from D23 they discuss this stuff.

I agree with you most of the time but were you not the one who said that all we were getting from D23 was Star Tours II? Were you not betting JT? Now you "talk" to imagineers? I am not buying you anymore. lol

The Conundrum

I agree with you most of the time but were you not the one who said that all we were getting from D23 was Star Tours II? Were you not betting JT?

I posted my knowledge of D23 in the predictions thread and you can verify that it was fairly accurate minus two items that got delayed due to unforseen events. I refused to comment on WDW projects (as WDW Vactioneer can attest).

Now you "talk" to imagineers? I am not buying you anymore. lol

every single person attending D23 had the opprotunity to chat with the imagineers. Even John Lasseter was on the show floor briefly.

I was able to speak with many imagineers including Kathy Mangum, Kevin Rafferty, the project manager of Mystic Manor (forgot her name), and many many many others.

WDW Vacationer

I posted my knowledge of D23 in the predictions thread and you can verify that it was fairly accurate minus two items that got delayed due to unforseen events. I refused to comment on WDW projects (as WDW Vactioneer can attest).

every single person attending D23 had the opprotunity to chat with the imagineers. Even John Lasseter was on the show floor briefly.

I was able to speak with many imagineers including Kathy Mangum, Kevin Rafferty, the project manager of Mystic Manor (forgot her name), and many many many others.
Yes,that was very frustrating.:lol:

Rob562

No. I am going by what I heard directly from imagineers.

Little Mermaid ride, Beast Restaurant, and the meet & greets are 2012

Pixie Hollow is 2013

Phase 2 would come later and add Casey Jr. and the Tinkerbell ride.

These are not fan rumors. If you want to hear it yourself dig up the videos from D23 they discuss this stuff.

Yeah, that's pretty much what the person from WDI who posts on RADP said. Though they didn't say specifically *what* was in Phase 2 (or rather, Phase 3 I guess, if we're counting Pixie Hollow as Phase 2), just that plans did exist beyond the completion of Pixie Hollow...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom