Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

TakeMeThere81

Just chiming in a bit

I'm so excited!! My kids don't even care for the princessess but I can't wait to see how FL will look. I'm sure they'll be interested now! I'm so glad WDW will be using more space and opening things up. We'll be able to breathe! And Star Wars II, oh yeah, we'll be all over that!

Don't be surprised if there is a new MAIN location to meet the Fab Four in the near future in the Magic Kingdom.

At least that was what the rumors point towards.

I agree. I can't imagine Mickey and Minnie's House just disappearing forever. It is very easy to slip them into FL somewhere. I imagine a little(perhaps wooded with character-y lamps, etc.) trail that leads to Mickey and Minnie's Houses that are a tad secluded. I mean, they live at WDW, but don't necessarily want their houses in the middle of it. Think the Character trails at AK. They could do that for Mickey and Minnie very easily(and Pluto lives with Mickey and the other friends could be visiting for sure)

SirGoofy

There's a script? I thought they just gave you jokes to memorize and you picked and chose which joke to use lol.

Gotta ask, what's your favorite line?

My favorite joke?

It's when you go past Shwietzer Falls, I lean to one side of the boat and tell everyone to lean, and just some of the stuff I say while I lean is funny. It's tough to explain but pretty good in execution.

_Scar

My favorite joke?

It's when you go past Shwietzer Falls, I lean to one side of the boat and tell everyone to lean, and just some of the stuff I say while I lean is funny. It's tough to explain but pretty good in execution.

Like they're gonna be hit by water, but not really? I wonder if I've had you as a JC skipper once :eek: lol

Lucky

My favorite joke?

You know they need to fix the speakers on some of those boats. Sometimes it's hard to understand what the skippers are saying. Of course I know all the jokes by now anyway. But for the benefit of JC virgins....

EPCOT Explorer

Maintenance.:wave:
Shame...I was hoping the look would change.
:rolleyes::ROFLOL:
Eh...yes and no. While the rides that are there now aren't necessarily not aimed at the under 10 kids, they are easily enjoyed by everyone.

But see, that's not what Disney is supposed to be.

As Walt said, "Your dead if you aim only for kids."

I agree it will look great. And I'm also looking forward to it, even if I have problems with it.
Oh, if only they did this now....:(
An upgrade to IASW? They are finally going to tear it down!:sohappy:
Now, why would you want to do that to a iconic classic that is both art statement and part of pop culture?:shrug:
[youtube]N6j25yIPUlE[/youtube]

Add this scene to It's a Small World.
:lol:

The Conundrum

"were constantly updating the underside of Fantasyland uhh I think Peter Pan and umm one of the other facades it's a small world are under going major redos (coughs) treatments this year. Its part of our on going maintenance, but were always trying to make them better than they were before, so our guests will be delighted then they were before we took them down."

IASW's facade just underwent maintenance. That's what he was talking about.

Are you sure because I assumed he meant IASW would get the Disney charecter/american scene like Disneyland and Peter Pan's effects would get updated

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Are you sure because I assumed he meant IASW would get the Disney charecter/american scene like Disneyland and Peter Pan's effects would get updated

Eric mentions the facade refurbs are being done THIS year. And both Pan and Small World have had their exterior refurbs. That's it, job done. Don't look for anything else to be done on those. You are reading WAY to much into that comment.

Exprcoofto

Eric mentions the facade refurbs are being done THIS year. And both Pan and Small World have had their exterior refurbs. That's it, job done. Don't look for anything else to be done on those. You are reading WAY to much into that comment.

Nobody is reading way too much into it, it's just how Eric worded it, extremely poorly. :lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Nobody is reading way too much into it, it's just how Eric worded it, extremely poorly. :lol:

I dont think he was expecting internet imagineers to start coming up with scenarious and ignoring the fact that the refurbs have already been done. :shrug:

imagineer boy

I do hope they eventually refurb the Peter Pan exterior. I find it to be really ugly. DL has a really cool looking victorian exterior with a clock tower.

And does anyone find it odd that the Cinderella meet n greet takes up so much space? Its just a simple meet n greet but if you look at the blueprints you'll find that it reallly does take up a whole lot of space.

Rosso11

One thing I'm really hoping for from all of this is a much better transition from FL and TL. Walking between these lands just never feels right to me. There is absolutely no transition between the two.

_Scar

I do hope they eventually refurb the Peter Pan exterior. I find it to be really ugly. DL has a really cool looking victorian exterior with a clock tower.

And does anyone find it odd that the Cinderella meet n greet takes up so much space? Its just a simple meet n greet but if you look at the blueprints you'll find that it reallly does take up a whole lot of space.

Well, Cindy is the main princess in MK so it isn't shocking. I like how the house faces the castle as it does in the movie. :D

Does anyone know if we are getting the Tokyo walkthru in the new house or in the castle?

WDW Vacationer

Well, Cindy is the main princess in MK so it isn't shocking. I like how the house faces the castle as it does in the movie. :D

Does anyone know if we are getting the Tokyo walkthru in the new house or in the castle?
I don't think it is a walkthrough. More of an interactive show.:wave:

The Conundrum

You know I was just thinking. One of Lasseter's favorite Disney films (and one of my own) is "The Sword in the Stone". How comes it isn't being represented in this New Fantasyland? It's a no brainer for boys and has some attraction potential. It actually performed better at the box office than sleeping beauty.

Oh wait now I know why it wasn't included, its not part of Disney's current marketing agenda.

_Scar

You know I was just thinking. One of Lasseter's favorite Disney films (and one of my own) is "The Sword in the Stone". How comes it isn't being represented in this New Fantasyland? It's a no brainer for boys and has some attraction potential. It actually performed better at the box office than sleeping beauty.

Oh wait now I know why it wasn't included, its not part of Disney's current marketing agenda.

I think Lasetter did fight for his favorite film, Dumbo (at least the basic suband Dumbo is getting).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom