Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

trr1

Well I'm hoping for a "Blue Sky Atrium" upstairs at Imagination. Because Imagination is at the root of all Imagineering does. Perfect fit. And it will let Epcot share in some of the excitement while the park awaits it's turn.
that would be great or they could put it in WOL pavillion

dizneeboy

Just back from D23. I said it before when the blueprints were posted...I'm underwhelmed. It looks fantastic but I can't get past the core offerings of a cloned LM ride, a duplicated current dumbo ride and a series of meet and greets. It will be nice to explore initially, but I think subsequent trips will be a bee line to TLM and back to the current FL area/dark rides. However, I know this will make little girls everywhere very happy and that alone will be worth it.

jt04

Just back from D23. I said it before when the blueprints were posted...I'm underwhelmed. It looks fantastic but I can't get past the core offerings of a cloned LM ride, a duplicated current dumbo ride and a series of meet and greets. It will be nice to explore initially, but I think subsequent trips will be a bee line to TLM and back to the current FL area/dark rides. However, I know this will make little girls everywhere very happy and that alone will be worth it.

Not to be disagreeable, but the new FL will be packed from the time it opens and pretty much for as long as it's there. It's packed now and is nowhere near what it will be. They know exactly what they are doing by expanding the area.

Here is another thought. Though MNSSHP does not always sell out, if they make the new FL a centerpiece of MVMCP, it will sell out everytime. It will guarantee Disney a seperate ticket sell out event every night for at least 30 days. And I also think a reservation in the new restaurant will be THE must experience Dinner show in all of Orlando.

I could go on and on. :)

SirGoofy

Here is another thought. Though MNSSHP does not always sell out, if they make the new FL a centerpiece of MVMCP, it will sell out everytime.

:veryconfu

You seem to be awfully confident. Those things on the random obscure days will never sell out.

jt04

:veryconfu

You seem to be awfully confident. Those things on the random obscure days will never sell out.

We'll see.

By the way, think you might want to go to the progresscityusa blog. He has some information you might be interested in today. Sorry.

krankenstein

Im not happy with the new Fantasyland.So we are getting only one ride and are going to have two dumbo rides?Ok the Arial ride looks good and thats it,the Dumbo area looks like a carnival area just like Dinoland and everything else is a meet and greet.I like the be our guest dining but the Gastons tavern?The magic kingdom is alcohol free ,I know we have liberty tree tavern now with no alcohol.I think there is so much more they could have done than just build meet and greet areas one ride and a dinoland remake.:shrug:Did you notice in his speach that Pixie hollow will not be built in the first phase of Fantasyland.

Umm..no it doesn't. It actually looks like a mixture of Dumbo and the Circus Land Walt originally planned for DL.

SirGoofy

By the way, think you might want to go to the progresscityusa blog. He has some information you might be interested in today. Sorry.

Yup, we saw that yesterday.:wave: WDI loathes the thing though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was gone sometime in the next 10 years.

Eh, my friend was 95% right with everything he gave me other than that. I'm okay with it.:lol:

panther726

I agree I dont want alcohol in the magic kingdom and I dont want carnival type attractions there. (new Dumbo area)Walt always said he didnt want that stuff in his parks fine in Dinoland but not in Magic kingdom please.I am happy they are expanding but do it the correct way.No more meet and greets please waste of space in the park.Cindy has a castle put her in it,put Belle in Germany no need for this in Magic kingdom.Throw some $$ at tommorrow land (oops they spent to much on that joke of a Stitch stage)that was not needed. only 4 days till Im in WDW:sohappy:

Sorry, but FL is geared toward children, not only for, I love the place, but geared toward them. Meet and greets are wanted and needed for the little ones. And the new meet and greets should be awesome!

Belle, in Germany? That is completely off the wall, and makes no sense. All princesses belong in MK. Keep them out of Epcot.

krankenstein

I agree I dont want alcohol in the magic kingdom and I dont want carnival type attractions there. (new Dumbo area)Walt always said he didnt want that stuff in his parks fine in Dinoland but not in Magic kingdom please.I am happy they are expanding but do it the correct way.No more meet and greets please waste of space in the park.Cindy has a castle put her in it,put Belle in Germany no need for this in Magic kingdom.Throw some $$ at tommorrow land (oops they spent to much on that joke of a Stitch stage)that was not needed. only 4 days till Im in WDW:sohappy:

I think you mean France.... :lookaroun

jmani56

I understand concerns about too many Meet & Greets, something that I never spend time at, but these are not typical ones. The best part of this expansion is the theming, and in my opinion that's the best part of going to Magic Kingdom in the first place. It looks rich, detailed and creative. MK was also in need of restaurants badly, so again this is a smart move.

We are not losing anything except a few tents in ToonTown, but we are gaining a lot. The concept art also shows empty areas that could be used for future rides, so who knows what the future could hold.

Question: Isn't there a Little Mermaid ride at DisneySea? Is this the same one?

SirGoofy

Question: Isn't there a Little Mermaid ride at DisneySea? Is this the same one?

No, the Mermaid attraction at TDS is...ugh. It's hard to explain. It's basically an indoor mini land, with some small attractions(like the tea cups), and a walkthrough attraction.:wave:

RadioHead

Okay I have a few questions that relate to the progress city blog, and the expansion. I'm a little confused from the following quotes so I want your take on the situation....

I noted that one of the renderings featured a Casey Jr. Circus Train, and the Imagineers confirmed that it?s something that?s being considered for the area?s second phase. They say that it might not take the exact same form as the matching attraction at Disneyland, but it will hopefully be incorporated in some way

What did the imagineer mean by 2nd Phase? Is there more planned for the Dumbo Circus area? Should we expect future attractions down the line, and when?

The Pixie Hollow area is now intended for a phase two opening in 2013. Design on that area is not complete, so there?s a lot to be figured out, but the Imagineers hinted that the final plan might include more attractions.

Do you also think that there might be a dark ride, or some show of some sort? Because again looking at the new concept art alot of the area is devoted towards Pixie Hollow, and more for the average M&G/Photo Op...

http://progresscityusa.com/2009/09/13/d23-day-three/#comments

Exprcoofto

I'm going to be very interested in how they decorate this new area for the holidays. They could make it a spectacular christmas themed area with snow on the castles and a lot of other cool decorations. It could be amazing :sohappy:

jt04

Yup, no problem. Here's a site with some info/pics:
http://www.tdrfan.com/tds/mermaid_lagoon/impressions_of_mermaid_lagoon/index.htm

You know, as much as I love what the outside of our attraction will look like, that TDS facade is breathtaking.

I swear I'm not trying to be contrary or a Disney apologist but I really like the WDW concept better. It seems to evoke much more a sense of place and time.

Furthermore, you can't see in the concept painting the facades on the back of the Cinderella chateau that face mermaid. But I think they will provide even more immersion. Just a hunch.

jmani56

You know, as much as I love what the outside of our attraction will look like, that TDS facade is breathtaking.

I agree, along with everything else in that park. I wish they would just clone that place and build it in Florida lol. Thanks for those pics.

SirGoofy

I swear I'm not trying to be contrary or a Disney apologist but I really like the WDW concept better. It seems to evoke much more a sense of place and time.

Furthermore, you can't see in the concept painting the facades on the back of the Cinderella chateau that face mermaid. But I think they will provide even more immersion. Just a hunch.

Oh, I'm not attempting to bash the WDW art at all. I think it looks great, and fits better overall with the new Fantasyland plans.

I just really love the LED spires on TDS's.

Exprcoofto

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom