Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

RadioHead

The Pixie Hollow land seems so large I'm guessing there will be some form of a Tinkerbell Dark Ride or a fairy inspired Dark Ride. It just seems fitting.

Yeah most likely there is some unnannounced attraction that will proabley be the big "suprise". Or built a few years down the road, either way something bigger is planned for that area. An Al Lutz already wrote about a proposed Tink Dark Ride in DL FL....So no doubt we might see the frutiation of that in our FL....

But it really seems that every area has left enough space for something to be built. Like I can easily see down the road a BATB dark ride.....

JediMasterMatt

I was just thinking about that earlier this morning!
I'm sure they'll find some use for that area - will be interesting to see.

Well, you don't think that DVC kiosk that's currently in Fantasyland would be going away forever did you?

I'm just happy that the new Fantasyland doesn't have the "next generation" sales pitch on it's blueprints.

JediMasterMatt

Actually, there's a "DVC Cart" listed on blueprints, between Little Mermaid and Pixie Hollow... :lol:

-Rob

Well, they can make it Belle's Enchanted Vacation Planning and Investment Time then.

But, to make it next gen, they can have you sign checks to Belle instead of birthday cards for Auroura then.

Thinking of that... all of you folks that don't want the fingerprint scanners tracking you may want to be careful when you're signing those birthday cards. :lol:

DVC Mike

The overlay below shows where the new stuff may be located in relation to the existing Fantasyland and Toontown areas.

fantasylandoverlay.gif

EPCOT Explorer

It's pretty much the same.

Meaning it won't go any further back than the entrance road.
Ah, good. So, fireworks won't be affected?
Looks like only Ariel's Grotto and Pooh's playground would need to close and they may be able to delay that by putting walls behind them and move up a little later?
Hopefully Ariel's Grotto goes. Doesn't look so good right now, and it won't be needed.

Heh.

They are not happy with the 1.2 Billion dollars?:confused:
Is that how much it is? They talked about FL on the news this morning and said Disney did not release the price.:shrug:

Oh, that wasn't directed at you. Just some people around here who have a "Us vs Them" attitude towards Disneyland.
I personally never saw a need for one to begin with. As a Disney fan, you should applaud a good attraction, no matter where it gets built. That's just another reason to travel somewhere new.

Like Tokyo.:lookaroun

I don't think we compete, it's just that it's impossible to not compare.:shrug:

And yes...TOKYO!:D

I'd love to see the Speedway get "re-imagined". Hopefully Dumbo will cause the Speedway to get some changes.
I just want it gone. Hopefully FL will get half the land (DL Dark rides!?) and the other half goes to TL.
I just overlayed the blue prints with an overall photo.
3920479448_f83d468121_b.jpg
:sohappy: THANKS! That's VERY helpful.
Well I'm hoping for a "Blue Sky Atrium" upstairs at Imagination. Because Imagination is at the root of all Imagineering does. Perfect fit. And it will let Epcot share in some of the excitement while the park awaits it's turn.
I've always thought that JII should be WDI based. The only thing is...EPCOT would need a new thing to showcase, too.:lookaroun

No, the Mermaid attraction at TDS is...ugh. It's hard to explain. It's basically an indoor mini land, with some small attractions(like the tea cups), and a walkthrough attraction.:wave:
And it's immersive and amazing...UGH!?:lol:
I'm going to be very interested in how they decorate this new area for the holidays. They could make it a spectacular christmas themed area with snow on the castles and a lot of other cool decorations. It could be amazing
Could you imagine the dreamlights!? Wow.
The Pixie Hollow land seems so large I'm guessing there will be some form of a Tinkerbell Dark Ride or a fairy inspired Dark Ride. It just seems fitting.
I hope so. The footage of the interactive Tink posted a few weeks ago looked fantastic.

Sassagoula-Rvr

Fantasyland??

How much is the fantasyland expansion supposed to cost?? I hadn't seen any figures and just wanted to kind of compare to other projects in the Disney repetoire.
Thanks

SOOO sorry if this had already been discussed...didn't see it on info pages.

_Scar

I'm sorry but it feels good to get something great for the future of WDW and rub it in other Disneyland faces across the world... lol

mike7904

I am driving down starting Thursday so I will be sure to bring my shovel to help get work started. I am very excited about these plans. I don't understand why people complain about getting one new ride and a bunch of meet and greets. I am married with no kids and I enjoy going to most of the meet and greets now that are just located in the tents, these new ones look like they will be awesome. My wife loves Aurora so the fact that there will be something in the park for her is just great. I am not a huge fan of BTB or LM but will definately be looking forward to the restaurant and LM attraction and everything else that may come down the line. Also not one to take the position of 'anything new is good' or 'just be happy the park is getting something' I think this will greatly improve the MK. Thank you Disney for the annoucements during D23, looking forward to seeing it get going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom