Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

King Mickey

my biggest concern is meeting mickey. i heard thay were moving him to exposition hall and it has been confirmed but it won't be the same meeting him there. i mean what kid doesn't want to meet mickey in his own house.

Tom

Beta Return
my biggest concern is meeting mickey. i heard thay were moving him to exposition hall and it has been confirmed but it won't be the same meeting him there. i mean what kid doesn't want to meet mickey in his own house.

Before BirthdayLand, Mickey greeted guests all over the place - and specifically at Expo Hall. I'm sure he'll get a well-themed Meet-n-Greet where ever they decide to put him.

Bork Bork

I've been lurking here for over 2 years, and "news and rumors" is my favorite forum. Forgive me a lame first post, but I am soooo geeked about the FL plans! :sohappy: The concept art is stunning. This Disney geek is stoked, to say the least!

Tom

Beta Return
I've been lurking here for over 2 years, and "news and rumors" is my favorite forum. Forgive me a lame first post, but I am soooo geeked about the FL plans! :sohappy: The concept art is stunning. This Disney geek is stoked, to say the least!

Welcome! :wave:

Your first post is a welcomed one. You're among the majority it seems. This is going to be an awesome upgrade for our beloved Magic Kingdom.

krankenstein

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

I love your user name and avatar! :wave:

WDW Vacationer

Welcome!:wave: Seeing as you are a Muppet fan,you must love today's announce ments,I do!:sohappy:

I hope you enjoy WDW Magic!:):wave:

AEfx

This brought tears to my eyes.

A Fantasyland expansion like this was my #1 Disney-wish. I can't wat to see it all.

djkidkaz

So what is to be expected from the Casey Jr. train in the concept art? Are we looking at another new ride? Or simply a really nice food stand?

As others have pointed out, there are tables around the area. Im sure Disney is assuming if your going to be giving people pagers to wait for their turn on Dumbo, you mine as well sell them some snacks in that area. Even in the blueprint, the Casey Jr track ends abrubtly. Its not a moving train, but a stationary one. You'll be eating pretzels with cheese.

RadioHead

Hi guys, I'd like to chime in on this...

First off, I got to say WOW, if the concepet art turns out like this I will be very amazed. Sure I understand some of you people saying how there's just 1 new attraction, and how everything is mostly centered towards the princess. But really how can you say anything bad about this? The place looks beautiful, and can just imagine walking around Pixie Hollow during the night. Fantasy land, finnaly looks something right out of the pages. Also remember Disney World was made for everyone. Something that adults, grandparents, teenager, little boys, and little GIRLS can ALL enjoy. Besides ALOT of Magic Kingdom is centered towards boys and the teen crowd already (Space, Splash, BTM, POTC), how 'bout somethin' for them ladies? An I'm happy that a new Haunted Mansion, POTC esque dark ride is finnaly returing to the Magic Kingdom!!! If anything that's something that any person can enjoy.

Right now it's plan, according to the concept art left alot of land left over for future attractions down the road. All in good time I can see a BATB dark ride, a Sleeping Beauty dark ride, ect...

Remember Rome wasn't built in a day. Our current FL is in shambles, and to see people complaing about this new extremly beautiful FL is crazy. Personally I'm just happy something new is coming to the Magic Kingdome...:king:

magicmaya

I saw the comments on this video and the disneyland people were complaining saying "disneyland doesnt get abything new!" "What does disneyland get, A hot dog stand?" :brick::brick::rolleyes:

SirGoofy

I saw the comments on this video and the disneyland people were complaining saying "disneyland doesnt get abything new!" "What does disneyland get, A hot dog stand?" :brick::brick::rolleyes:

Disneyland fans are even more vindictive than WDW fans.

And for the most part, they somehow always get what they want.:lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's another piece of artwork just released, about Dumbo: http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/17.jpg

First of all, why are there TWO Dumbo rides beside each other? Isn't that... uh, what's the word?... overkill? And second of all, there is a Casey Jr. in the lower right corner of the image. So even if the Barnstormer doesn't get themed to Casey Jr., they will at least have it around.

Two Dumbos gives way more capacity which is much needed.

I'm assuming at this point Casey Jr is for photo op, or simply area theming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom