Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

nemofinder22

I saw the comments on this video and the disneyland people were complaining saying "disneyland doesnt get abything new!" "What does disneyland get, A hot dog stand?" :brick::brick::rolleyes:

:brick::ROFLOL: darn APers!;) LOL hmm DL gotten a lot this year

Celebrate! a Street Party
Pixie Hollow enhancements
Fantasmic! enhancements( HD projectors, new crocodile, Flotsam and Jetsam and the new Dragon!)
new firework show with Dumbo
Electrical Parade enhancements(return of 2 floats, a new Tinker Bell float and new soundtrack)

Then falls brings
Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy
Halloween Screams
The new Lincoln show
Grand Californian expansion opens (next week!)
Haunted Mansion Holiday returns
it's a small world holiday returns
Tiana's Showboat Jubilee

Then spring welcomes World of Color!

and yet with all that they'll still complain that theres nothing new :brick::brick::brick:

and all I'm pretty sure it not a hog dog stand but rather a turkey leg stand! :ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

I've been lurking here for over 2 years, and "news and rumors" is my favorite forum. Forgive me a lame first post, but I am soooo geeked about the FL plans! :sohappy: The concept art is stunning. This Disney geek is stoked, to say the least!
Welcome!
Someone asked John Lasseter about the new Pooh films and Rapunzel being in the new FL expansion. Here is his response:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqaaFax0uL8&feature=channel
AWESOME.:D
I saw the comments on this video and the disneyland people were complaining saying "disneyland doesnt get abything new!" "What does disneyland get, A hot dog stand?" :brick::brick::rolleyes:
And now they know how we feel:lol::shrug:

Rather...FELT.:D

panther726

I'm probably going to sound like an idiot asking this. Are they going to shut down bits and pieces of FL while doing the refurb, or close the whole thing down?

juan

I'm probably going to sound like an idiot asking this. Are they going to shut down bits and pieces of FL while doing the refurb, or close the whole thing down?

This is an expansion, so Dumbo and the entrances to Snow White and Winnie the Pooh are going to be the only things that will be closed for short periods of time.

hoke2007

This is an expansion, so Dumbo and the entrances to Snow White and Winnie the Pooh are going to be the only things that will be closed for short periods of time.

I think that Dumbo will be closed for a relatively long period of time. Like at least 6 months.

And Mickey's Toontown fair will probably be demolished sooner rather than later so they can do all the necessary work to make sure the new Fantasyland opens on time.

panther726

That's what I thought. Imagine the first-timers if they show up and FL is completely closed!

juan

That's what I thought. Imagine the first-timers if they show up and FL is completely closed!

I think that everything carousel and west (Small World, Phillharmagic, Peter Pan) won't be touched in the expansion. That's why their exteriors have been being refurbished so much lately.

EPCOT Explorer

Hence- This is a EXPANSION.:D Nothing that's there is changing, or being closed...

...It's RIGHT up TDO's ally. They hate closing down things seeing that it would "ruin vacations":lol::rolleyes:

muteki

Maybe they will do like Tomorrowland and open in phases? Outside the new castle walls, moving of Dumbo, and Pooh facade the old Fantasyland won't change much. I see them walling off everything from Village Haus to the TT entrance, then opening things either all at once, or BatB-Ariel-Dumbo in no particular order.

Have we confirmed that Aladin is closing? What will be put in it's place?

mharrington

Maybe they will do like Tomorrowland and open in phases? Outside the new castle walls, moving of Dumbo, and Pooh facade the old Fantasyland won't change much. I see them walling off everything from Village Haus to the TT entrance, then opening things either all at once, or BatB-Ariel-Dumbo in no particular order.

What about the tea cups?

RSoxNo1

Here's another piece of artwork just released, about Dumbo: http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/17.jpg

First of all, why are there TWO Dumbo rides beside each other? Isn't that... uh, what's the word?... overkill? And second of all, there is a Casey Jr. in the lower right corner of the image. So even if the Barnstormer doesn't get themed to Casey Jr., they will at least have it around.

This was out yesterday - Dumbo has a very limited capacity, and a high demand, by doubling the capacity and making the wait for it be more exciting it will increase guest satisfaction. I'm sure one of the chief complaints at the Magic Kingdom is the line for Dumbo, and kids whining about the length of the wait.

I've been lurking here for over 2 years, and "news and rumors" is my favorite forum. Forgive me a lame first post, but I am soooo geeked about the FL plans! :sohappy: The concept art is stunning. This Disney geek is stoked, to say the least!

Fantastic name.

I think that Dumbo will be closed for a relatively long period of time. Like at least 6 months.

And Mickey's Toontown fair will probably be demolished sooner rather than later so they can do all the necessary work to make sure the new Fantasyland opens on time.

If they are re-purposing the Aladdin spinner, I would actually expect them to close that, move it to it's new location, and then open up that while the dismantle the existing Dumbo attraction. I don't think it's unreasonable to have 1 functioning Dumbo with a temporary queue while work on the 3 ring circus and the moving of the second Dumbo takes place.

hoke2007

If they are re-purposing the Aladdin spinner, I would actually expect them to close that, move it to it's new location, and then open up that while the dismantle the existing Dumbo attraction. I don't think it's unreasonable to have 1 functioning Dumbo with a temporary queue while work on the 3 ring circus and the moving of the second Dumbo takes place.

Why do people actually think that Aladdin is being moved, completely redone, and installed at Dumbo #2? It would probably be cheaper for them to just install a new one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom