Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

culturenthrills

Finally FL in WDW we be up to par with FL in DL!

I might say that if we were adding some more dark rides instead of princess meet and greets and they updated the incredibly crappy versions we have of Snow White and Peter Pan. The LM ride addition is great. The rest we will have to wait and see. It is a move in the right direction but it will make all the other problems in MK even more glaring if they aren't fixed by the time this opens.

_Scar

We are hoping for a better FL than Paris. Paris has the best FL in all the Disneylands.

We often speculated Pixie hollow transistioned you throughout the new Fland looking at the prints. However, now it looks like Pixie Hollow is the final phase and is going to be connected by other parts rather than connecting you to them. Odd, but it never made sense for it to ever be the portal to take you there.

Anyone find it cool how you enter Beast's castle through a magic mirror? :)

Mad Stitch

Has anyone seen the presentation video? (for Fantasyland)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/08W5Os-Wnj0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/08W5Os-Wnj0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Those are pretty elaborate Meet and Greets. I might actually have to do those one or twice. :eek:

What presentation is that? I want to see the rest of the video!

culturenthrills

Jay seems like a very nice guy. Kinda odd since everyone makes him out to be the devil's right hand man.

You can meet Mickey at Epcot 100% along with Donald, Pluto, Minnie, and Goofy.

100% in Camp Minnie-Mickey in DAK.

and it is rumored on MS USA is Mickey's new MaG in MK.

Maybe cause Jay doesn't care or like the parks at all. Jay never goes to the parks unless he absolutely has too. TDO and Jay fought this expansion but Iger and Lasseter basically forced it on them. I may be a little underwhelmed by the plans but we should all be happy if they pull this off without budget cuts along the way.

danv3

TDO and Jay fought this expansion but Iger and Lasseter basically forced it on them.

I'm trying to understand the motivation for Jay's reported position. Why would he oppose something that appears so awesome? :confused: Is he just evil? :fork: If Iger says, "Jay, here's $X to spend in WDW. Why don't you expand Fantasy Land?" and Jay says "No thanks" it's not like he gets to pocket the money. Did he think this money should have been spent in some other park? Insights appreciated. :shrug:

hpyhnt 1000

Is there any word on whether Snow White and Winnie the Pooh will be getting new facades or queue areas? I know that Peter Pan and its a small world will remain the same, but is it too much to ask that SW and Pooh get a bit of an upgrade? :shrug:

krankenstein

I'm trying to understand the motivation for Jay's reported position. Why would he oppose something that appears so awesome? :confused: Is he just evil? :fork: If Iger says, "Jay, here's $X to spend in WDW. Why don't you expand Fantasy Land?" and Jay says "No thanks" it's not like he gets to pocket the money. Did he think this money should have been spent in some other park? Insights appreciated. :shrug:

Because Jay isn't a park guy and he doesn't get it. He sees no difference in Space Mountain and Batman at Six Flags.

misterID

There's a lot of room for expansion there for more rides, like the long rumored Beauty And The Beast ride. Very nice. Little kids are going to love it.

Hopefully next year there will be something big for EPCOT and Animal Kingdom. They need it badly.

misterID

You can be a nice guy and very bad manager.

The less money you spend (no new atrractions), the more spending you cut the better your end of the year figures/profits are. Even though its not by much, but think bonuses. Plus, they're raising ticket prices.

krankenstein

Is there any word on whether Snow White and Winnie the Pooh will be getting new facades or queue areas? I know that Peter Pan and its a small world will remain the same, but is it too much to ask that SW and Pooh get a bit of an upgrade? :shrug:

I heard Pooh would be getting one, but SWSA wouldn't since it is inside the wall.

imagineer boy

I wish Peter Pan would get a refurb inside and out. The exterior really is ugly, DL has a cool victorian exterior with bell tower.

The whole mideval fair look simply needs to go into the can. Its awful.

AdLibSean

While attraction lite, this addition to Fantasyland is fantastic. And more importantly it adds a stronger sense of identity to the park and to the resort itself.

When was the last time that something here wasn't copied and shipped off to another park? MK will have something unique and wonderful you can't experience anywhere else. I'd say thats a step up. :)

I really hope the company sticks with the designs they present to us. Too many times have we seen budgets slashed and three-dimensional figures, sets, and facades be reduced to that of a painted stage flat.

The landscaping of the area also seems quite ambitious! Thats a lot of ground to cover. And look at all the water areas! Mermaid and along the side of beast's castle.

Imagine this place at night?! UH!! I think the Magic Kingdom is about to get a lot more magical. I am completely over the moon! :sohappy:

Exprcoofto

I wish Peter Pan would get a refurb inside and out. The exterior really is ugly, DL has a cool victorian exterior with bell tower.

The whole mideval fair look simply needs to go into the can. Its awful.

Inside is horrible. All there is is curtains dividing the rooms, so you can hear Captain Hook while flying over London.

DL's has more of a wall and you cannot hear sounds from other rooms. (plus it has those cool fiber optic stars)

Does anyone know when the construction will begin? And do we know what area will be completed first, second, third, etc?

I heard early 2010 for the beginning of construction. All I know is most will be done in 2012 while Pixie Hollow won't be finished until 2013.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom