Fantasyland Aerials?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The paving work around Beauty and the Beast is the most interesting. I wonder if the timeframe for the restaurant is earlier than Mermaid.

Edit: Here is the direct link to the photos: http://www.wdwfanboys.com/blog/disney-worldfantasylanduniversal-studiossea-world-aerials-06132012/

Sorry for the delay in getting these up, I was stuck in traffic on my way home.

It's going to be interesting to see how they handle access to the Mermaid area. It's the part of the expansion that comes closest to the Mine Ride.

bubbles1812

Does anyone else think that B and B Castle looks absolutely tiny? I know it's forced perspective and I'm sure it'll look fine but the rock work just looks massive compared to the castle. I get that they don't want to trump Cinderella's Castle but I wish it was a little bigger.

Also, are there going to be 3 big top tents? Or if there are only two, what is the round circular construction next to them in the close up picture?

Thank you for the pics!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Does anyone else think that B and B Castle looks absolutely tiny? I know it's forced perspective and I'm sure it'll look fine but the rock work just looks massive compared to the castle. I get that they don't want to trump Cinderella's Castle but I wish it was a little bigger.

Also, are there going to be 3 big top tents? Or if there are only two, what is the round circular construction next to them in the close up picture?

Yes, there is going to be a third tent next to the blue tent. Nothing official, but the best guess is that it's going to be a food service location.

Dan

Kuhio

How do they keep birds from alighting on locations like the Beast's Castle and ruining the forced perspective?

I've seen bird-deterring spikes on other buildings, but those obviously wouldn't work here.

Weather_Lady

Fantastic! Can't wait to look at these all in detail. (Scuttle Sir, you rock.)

I might be interpreting it all wrong, but does anyone else think that in picture 14/20 (on the first of the 3 pages), it looks like they're installing the spider-like "carriage" from Beauty and the Beast just outside the entrance to the castle (in the courtyard), as it was in the film? Or is my imagination just running wild over a rogue excavator?

photoflight

Scott Keating's stuff is available here

http://pix.aerog.com/Disney/fantasylandexpansionaerials/16354288_MJnQVZ#!i=1790475878&k=PbBQvxT

He hasn't had an update since April :(

It has to be an expensive expenditure to rent a plane and feed our addiction...

I don't rent but... you're right :confused:

I was seriously busy with other things in May and have been in New England most of this month. I'm still on the road but things should start to get back to normal after next week. I don't get down to Orlando much in the summer though, my schedules and photography conditions usually stink until fall.

There have been a lot of inquiries about updates though. I've been getting several hundred thousand web hits per month and more than a few people have been wondering what's going on. Amazing how much interest there is :)

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Couple things I noticed:

1. In the 2nd photo on page 2, I see they have connected both of the large circus tents with a pathway.

2. What are they doing next to the carousel, can anyone make it out?

3. Grand Floridian is much further along than I had seen in photos recently.

MissM

Random thoughts...

- Trees! Wow, they look great. Love how many are going in there!

- Third circus tent? Huh. Didn't know there were going to be three. Interesting!

- Mine Coaster - lots of lower, ground work going on that isn't viewable over the wall and thus new to me.

- Interesting to see some rough pathways forming in the new restroom/former skyway area. Getting a little easier to visualize.

- Did I mention how much I love the trees? :p

- It's neat looking at the aerials and getting a sense of the space that will open up throughout Fantasyland when the walls are down. It looks like such a narrow corridor now but...you can almost see how it's going to change the layout of the park already.

Oh and awesome! Thanks, Scuttle! :D

nepalostparks

- Third circus tent? Huh. Didn't know there were going to be three. Interesting!

Here's what the Fantasyland model looks like for it (upper left corner is the tent in question)

6_2_12_004.JPG

MissM

Here's what the Fantasyland model looks like for it (upper left corner is the tent in question)
Ah...the yellow one. Ok, I think I have seen that. I just didn't remember it. I haven't been to the Studios since the model came in so I haven't seen it in person yet. Just pics of it and concept art.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Random thoughts...

- Trees! Wow, they look great. Love how many are going in there!

- Mine Coaster - lots of lower, ground work going on that isn't viewable over the wall and thus new to me.

- Interesting to see some rough pathways forming in the new restroom/former skyway area. Getting a little easier to visualize.

- Did I mention how much I love the trees? :p

- It's neat looking at the aerials and getting a sense of the space that will open up throughout Fantasyland when the walls are down. It looks like such a narrow corridor now but...you can almost see how it's going to change the layout of the park already.

Oh and awesome! Thanks, Scuttle! :D

Where are you seeing pics of the skyway area?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Couple things I noticed:

1. In the 2nd photo on page 2, I see they have connected both of the large circus tents with a pathway.

2. What are they doing next to the carousel, can anyone make it out?

3. Grand Floridian is much further along than I had seen in photos recently.

I noticed the connections between the tents to. I wonder if these are going to be for the public of just cast members.

Good question about the carousel. Might just be paving work. I can't imaging them building anything there, even a planter, since it would create congestion between the castle wall and the carousel.

IlikeDW

I noticed the connections between the tents to. I wonder if these are going to be for the public of just cast members.

Good question about the carousel. Might just be paving work. I can't imaging them building anything there, even a planter, since it would create congestion between the castle wall and the carousel.

Meet and greet exit thru the store would be a reasonable assumption...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom