Fantasmic Reopening Watch

ceecee101

So they're rehearsing something with the lights and main props and people are still saying Nov/Dec? Seems much sooner than that if they're firing up the systems now. I am also rooting hard it is soon, as my early Nov (2nd week) seemed a no brainer would be safely back and now is bring mentioned as return time frame here.
Same time frame for us, we’d love to do the dinner package our last night since MK has the party that night.

rshell68

fingers crossed yes GIF

LiterallyNobody

mm52200

So they're rehearsing something with the lights and main props and people are still saying Nov/Dec? Seems much sooner than that if they're firing up the systems now. I am also rooting hard it is soon, as my early Nov (2nd week) seemed a no brainer would be safely back and now is bring mentioned as return time frame here.
They’re still purely testing technical elements on their own. They still have to rehearse and train cast which is a multi month process.

mattpeto

They’re still purely testing technical elements on their own. They still have to rehearse and train cast which is a multi month process.
Thanksgiving-ish is feeling optimistic these days.

F! returning on New Years Eve day seems like a good way to spread out the guests at least.

ToTBellHop

Often show rehearsals deliberately alter sound -shall we say- to throw off social media.
I’m imagining Mickey shooting fireworks off the mountain to the Game of Thrones theme song…

If Literally Nobody is hearing 10/26, he has better contacts than we imagined. I didn’t think that date was meant to be released yet but thanks for sticking your neck out! Hope they meet that date now. And let’s hope they get enough cast so Ariel doesn’t have to quick-change into Maleficent!

Stupido

And let’s hope they get enough cast so Ariel doesn’t have to quick-change into Maleficent!

I know this is mainly supposed to be a joke, but isn't Maleficent played by a man in Fantasmic? When I was a CP, we were told that it helps Maleficent seem larger and more menacing from a distance, and I remember talking to a guy who sent me pictures of him in the Maleficent makeup for Fantasmic. They may have changed this since 2010, or it could be cast member gossip, but I figure some here should know for sure.

MagicHappens1971

I know this is mainly supposed to be a joke, but isn't Maleficent played by a man in Fantasmic? When I was a CP, we were told that it helps Maleficent seem more large and menacing from a distance, and I remember talking to a guy who sent me pictures of him in the Maleficent makeup for Fantasmic. They may have changed this since 2010, or it could be cast member gossip, but I figure some here should know for sure.

I don’t know and I had actually never heard this before but I did some googling and this does look like a man
8E30EE83-5179-43FA-BC88-63766B6DE316.png

And I also found this “ Since the show's premiere, Maleficent has always been portrayed by a male cast member (though she's still voiced by an actress).” on some random website so of course we don’t know the validity of it. Seems like it checks out though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom