Fantasmic Reopening Watch

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Sorcerer Mickey with the Dragon has been all over DL's Marketing Stuff since F! Opened and same ever since, same with DHS. So, how did Brave Little Taylor get into F! in the first place?????
Sorcerer Mickey is more marketable that Brave Little Taylor.

The average park guest doesn't know the difference (or cares). It is just an easter egg for the fanbois.

jrhwdw

Wrong thread but DHS related, is there a reason why no Projection Shows are scheduled for tonight???? Saw it on Twitter.....

Disney Analyst

Absolutely agree. DL’s is anticlimactic now and it ruins seeing Sorcerer Mickey pop up on top of the mountain. It’s definitely less impactful.

This is honestly my MAJOR issues with the 2.0 changes. He should never appear on top until the finale. I was hoping they may change that for the return but alas...

At least the dragon reveal is restored back to coming out of darkness...

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
Wrong thread but DHS related, is there a reason why no Projection Shows are scheduled for tonight???? Saw it on Twitter.....
Yeah I think it was an oversight by Disney. Its back on the schedule again.
It's June! Any New Rumors going around?????
Last rumor I heard was in time for July 4th. But I hope by the end of this month. I know I've heard the cast is in rehearsal.

yensidtlaw1969

DL 1.5 had the edge on 2.0. Both wiped the floor with the Orlando version - lets see if the latter can readdress the balance soon.
I tend to agree - I think 2.0 visually sparkles like never before as the result of some new tech, but I also think that simply applying that tech to the structure of the 1.5 version would have resulted in a better show overall. Pirates, Magic Carpet, removing the Wicked Queen Transformation . . . all pretty unnecessary edits that would have been better left undone.

And what is the deal with the Ursula section not being able to keep any of its floating elements? The loss of the Ursula Barge after the first few seasons was bad enough, but then losing the new Flotsam and Jetsam jetskis meant to fill that space? A total shame, since all those elements looked good and were better than empty water.

I'm excited to see what comes to WDW with its new revisions, though my expectations aren't through the roof. I don't expect anything near the level of DL's 1.5 or 2.0 changes.

Disney Analyst

I tend to agree - I think 2.0 visually sparkles like never before as the result of some new tech, but I also think that simply applying that tech to the structure of the 1.5 version would have resulted in a better show overall. Pirates, Magic Carpet, removing the Wicked Queen Transformation . . . all pretty unnecessary edits that would have been better left undone.

And what is the deal with the Ursula section not being able to keep any of its floating elements? The loss of the Ursula Barge after the first few seasons was bad enough, but then losing the new Flotsam and Jetsam jetskis meant to fill that space? A total shame, since all those elements looked good and were better than empty water.

I'm excited to see what comes to WDW with its new revisions, though my expectations aren't through the roof. I don't expect anything near the level of DL's 1.5 or 2.0 changes.

I would keep the tech upgrades / projection.

Keep the magic carpet.

Restore Pan. (But they can keep pirates if they must).

Restore the queens transformation / villain segment.

gerarar

Premium Member
Thank god Disneyland got rid of that hideous screen at the top of TSI
I found that design choice for the return interesting.
They didn't even bother to edit the projections to account for the missing screen now. Pretty evident during the Pirates segment since you can still see the shadowed figures fighting in the treeline.
Screenshot_20220603-101916_YouTube.jpg

2.0 debut:
Screenshot_20220603-102234_YouTube.jpg

But totally agree! That screen was ugly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom