Fantasmic Reopening Watch

Doug Means

giddy.png

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
So the thing I saw indicated lasers would be part of the testing. Is that new? Could that be a type of projection mapping?
No these where the standard show spots. Not to be confused with the dinky ones on top of the Chinese Theater.

Last edited:

JustInTime

Random question: in WDW, Mickey appears as himself through the years (which is brilliant). Which version of Mickey is it that yields the sword and slays the dragon? I thought it was Jack and the Beanstalk but the colors are different.

Further, is that outfit/sword exclusive to WDW? DL’s Fantasmic just keeps Sorcerer Mickey and he kills the dragon with magic. Theirs feels anticlimactic. Hopefully the sword stays one’s WDW’s reopens.

I’ve seen both versions in person and while DL’s is superior with show elements and tech, WDW’s is a much better storyline. It has a better build and payoff.

mm52200

Random question: in WDW, Mickey appears as himself through the years (which is brilliant). Which version of Mickey is it that yields the sword and slays the dragon? I thought it was Jack and the Beanstalk but the colors are different.

Further, is that outfit/sword exclusive to WDW? DL’s Fantasmic just keeps Sorcerer Mickey and he kills the dragon with magic. Theirs feels anticlimactic. Hopefully the sword stays one’s WDW’s reopens.

I’ve seen both versions in person and while DL’s is superior with show elements and tech, WDW’s is a much better storyline. It has a better build and payoff.
It’s the Brave Little Tailor in the Dragon scene at WDW.

I agree with you about Disneylands version, not a fan of those changes they made a few years ago to it. I’ll be curious to see what they do out here when it reopens.

JustInTime

It’s the Brave Little Tailor in the Dragon scene at WDW.

I agree with you about Disneylands version, not a fan of those changes they made a few years ago to it. I’ll be curious to see what they do out here when it reopens.
That’s it! Thank you so much.

TTA94

I prefer Sorcerer Mickey battling the dragon. That’s how it should be IMO and WDW has always advertised F! with Sorcerer Mickey, not Brave Little Tailor. So I for one hope they switch to Sorcerer Mickey.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I prefer Sorcerer Mickey battling the dragon. That’s how it should be IMO and WDW has always advertised F! with Sorcerer Mickey, not Brave Little Tailor. So I for one hope they switch to Sorcerer Mickey.
Thats such a crappy part of the show though tbh. The best part of Fantasmic is seeing Sorcerer Mickey appear on top of the mountain ala Fantasia during the finale. I guess I can see why it works in California but it would be an inferior addition to our show here.

jrhwdw

Sorcerer Mickey with the Dragon has been all over DL's Marketing Stuff since F! Opened and same ever since, same with DHS. So, how did Brave Little Taylor get into F! in the first place?????

JustInTime

Thats such a crappy part of the show though tbh. The best part of Fantasmic is seeing Sorcerer Mickey appear on top of the mountain ala Fantasia during the finale. I guess I can see why it works in California but it would be an inferior addition to our show here.
Absolutely agree. DL’s is anticlimactic now and it ruins seeing Sorcerer Mickey pop up on top of the mountain. It’s definitely less impactful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom