Fantasmic rehab

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Dawnie
Yeah I concede to you. If no one knows then that's fair enough.

I was just ticked off by the way the thread went away from the original question into a "I'm right, you're sooooo wrong" battle. I'm seeing that a bit too much here and it's just not fun. For someone to say that another person does not have the right to an opinion on a subject is just so wrong and goes against that whole freedom of speech thing that America professes to hold so dear. I just think life's too short for pathetic bickering.

Haha...I won't get into the politics of freedom of speech (check the Patriot Act and you will note that you no longer have freedome of speech), but, I understand. You will find that the only way to get a real answer on this site is to check the main www.wdwmagic.com page. If it isn't posted up there, no one really knows, and you will never get a straight answer here with over 7000 users. At the end of the night, whether or not all the effects are present, I will be screaming for Sorcerer Mickey in 21 days when he busts out of the mountain:cool:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by pepsistar
:( :veryconfu :lookaroun No Cinderella? I guess I was mistaken-- There are three floats one with Beauty and the Beast, one with the Little Mermaid and???? the other?? Hummm I keep hearing Some day my prince will come I keep hearing it in my mind---- Some day---- Oh- Was it Snow White?? Sorry!! Guess the old age is creeping in Ha Ha :lol:

The other is Snow White :wave:

meanmice

Originally posted by pepsistar
:( :veryconfu :lookaroun No Cinderella? I guess I was mistaken-- There are three floats one with Beauty and the Beast, one with the Little Mermaid and???? the other?? Hummm I keep hearing Some day my prince will come I keep hearing it in my mind---- Some day---- Oh- Was it Snow White?? Sorry!! Guess the old age is creeping in Ha Ha :lol:

Sort of a drift, but I always thought that they should have a sleeping beauty float with her dress done in lights or something so that it could change colors every so often. Or they could just put her in a blue dress which is my favorite.

darkennon

Banned
Originally posted by Fievel
if you're going to be a bully to other members, you're going to deal with the original bully - ME. So unless you'd like to go toe to toe with a professional with a short fuse, I suggest you lay off.

::snip::

because now that I have you in my radar you'll be followed like a hawk. Don't like it? Too bad....every time you put down a friend of mine, I will go into great detail making you look like the fool you really are,

I'm not sure if you think I'm afraid of you? Is that what you were going for?

You can say *anything* you want to me. Your opinion is as worthless as someone who thinks Fantasmic! has been changed.

And if you want to talk about "detailed reports," howz bout I send a little "report" of my own to a "moderator" about how you are now threatening to "follow me"... Last I checked, you are not a moderator. Wanna bet there's probably a reason for that?

darkennon

Banned
Originally posted by DogsRule!
However, given that this park is already officially getting a rehab to the Imagination pavillion, I would guess they probably won't be rehabing Fantasmic! at this time--esp. if the Tower of Terror gets its rehab, too.

1. The park does not even have an "Imagination Pavillion"

2. The Tower of Terror rehab will have little to no effect on the guests. It will be in the off season, and one side of the attraction will remain running while the other is being worked on, and then vice versa.

3. Stop pretending to "have the inside scoop" when you just do not. There's nothing wrong with not knowing something, until you pretend that you do.

Main Street USA

Originally posted by darkennon

You can say *anything* you want to me. Your opinion is as worthless as someone who thinks Fantasmic! has been changed.

And if you want to talk about "detailed reports," howz bout I send a little "report" of my own to a "moderator" about how you are now threatening to "follow me"... Last I checked, you are not a moderator. Wanna bet there's probably a reason for that?

Hello there Darkennon. Nice to see ya.

Look, there are a few things you need to know about wdwmagic before you begin posting as if you own the place.

Those that have been visiting this site since near the beginning tend to be quite protective of how things are done around here.
Fievel is a well respected member of these boards. His posts are quite often harsh, but rarely, if ever, unprovoked. From reading a few of your posts, you seem to be coming on quite strong for a new guy, and during a time when all of the kiddies are out of school for the summer, tensions tend to run high because we have to deal with a lot of crap.

This is not a good combo.

This is a forum based primarily on opinions. Please don't post in such a "matter of fact" manner. Try to scale back your comments just a hair until you earn some respect around here. Your posts so far will make it difficult, but it isn't impossible.

Thanks.

EDIT

Wow, I just read a couple more of your posts. I can;t believe some of the stuff you typed. I could go on for a page or two on why what you posted was way out of line, but I'm going to keep it simple and say this:

Your opinion is IN NO WAY any more valuable than the next person's. Do NOT put down another's idea in the manner that you have in this thread. It WILL NOT be tolerated.

EDIT, AGAIN

I just did a search and read some more. You're gone.

Don L Duck

Well howz bout this darky old bean let me be the first to say *GOOD BYE* *TO* *YOU*:sohappy:

Spectroman2003

I've only seen Fantasmic! once. And when I was watching, I was even saying to myself, "Ok enough with the water screens and this Pochahontas is boring." And that was just seeing it for the first time. Most of the time when someone sees something at Disney for the first time, they arent bored. But Fantasmic for the most part is a GREAT show!

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by Spectroman2003
I was even saying to myself, "Ok enough with the water screens and this Pochahontas is boring."

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

That sums up what I was thinking the first time I saw it, too. Unfortunately, I had waited for about an hour and a half on those cursed bleachers and I was more than a little underwhelmed. I saw it again without the wait and it seemed more entertaining.

It's a good show, but I don't think I'd ever wait more than 20 minutes for it.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member

nope.. but the moderators here know the difference between an enforcer and an @sshole. Hence why you are banned after 12 posts, and Brad and I are still here after over 6000 combined posts....

sorry for the delay... lol. I really need to take some time off work to check out the forums during the day

Bagheera

Originally posted by darkennon I'm not sure if you think I'm afraid of you? Is that what you were going for?

::ZZZZZZAP!!!!::

See ya!!! :wave: :wave:

Disneyfalcon

Mkt you finally responded! I always enjoy your responses so I read all 5 pages wondering where you were! Didn't appreciate the language, but glad you're finally here.:)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict

Y'see....you're a newbie...and it shows.....because you set yourself up, and all I had to do was knock you down.

Am I a moderator? No...and there IS a good reason for that....I don't have the patience of guys like MSU....however, I'm pretty good friends with guys like him, because they don't tolerate crap from guys like you either.

Awww...but you got banned, so you wont' be answering.

When will these people learn that I don't pick a fight I can't win? Was he scared of me? No....Should he have been scared of me? I guess we'll leave that up to speculation. :)

Mikejakester

*Stops walking and looks at OnWithTheShow* Uhmm No.. can't say I have, But I did hear a rumor about a guy being banned. Not sure why... I heard he was a really good comedian around here. I've once got to read one of his jokes, I was laughing for about 5 minutes. He must of been really good. I would of loved if they would of just left him off with a warning, see what new material he could come up with. . But all well. Life goes on. On with the show! :lol:

Hey look... Did you mention FANTASMIC? Says here there is a show at 8:30 ... Want to go chek it out? :lol: :king:

JLW11Hi

I remember the first time I saw Fantasmic!...they did a ton of stuff before the show started to keep guests occupied, like CMs just joking around while they were selling stuff, then they had the 2 "main" CMs with microphones getting waves going and doing trivia games, and it was a lucky night for the audience because the guy that designed the stage for Fantasmic! had dropped by and talked a little bit before the show (I don't remember what he said, but he did mention that he designed the set...and then he got a "flash photography" wave going! This was a wave where they had everyone get their cameras out and turn the flash on....then they had ALL the main lights turned off (like they do for the actual show) and had everyone take pictures in a "wave-like" motion, from left side to right side. It was a really cool effect! The flashes going off had a cool twinkling effect! I wish I had a video camera at the time.)

ANyways....the last few times I've been there, they've done less and less to keep the audience entertained. Last year they just did a wave then they played "who let the dogs out" or "YMCA", but not much else to interacct with the audience...and this past year I was there they didn't do anything! They just started the show without any CMs entertaining the audience. I mean, its not that big of a deal, but I was just wondering if eanyone else has noticed this lack of a "pre-show" and why they wouldn't do it anymore? I would guess that it varies time to time....maybe its more popular during the summer.

....oh, and good riddance to darkennon.

Jekyll

It still is packed almost any night you could go to see it. I understand that the Disneyland one lack in numbers after the heavy torist season is over. IF there is any truth to that. Then we shouldn't see WDW version turn into a seasonal show.

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Disney is not about to add more stage time to this already-expensive show if it still plans to run it every night of the year. While Disneyland's version may have more stage time, it also does not run most of the year. At present, it is scheduled to be closed from September 2, 2003 through June of 2004. We do not want to see our version go seasonal like that. I will take what I can get...

Back to Fantasmic... I would not say the show was any less exciting or lacked in content in any way, it was well worth the extra Dinner and Show coupon we paid for... In fact we didn't even sit in the reserved seating. Explain: We did our dinner early and relaxed watching the streetmosphere till the time indicated on the card, We didn't have to wait in the long line at the regular entrance of the theater, we where the VERY first ones brought through by the Oscar's garage gate, when we arrived to the reserved seating we noticed the regular guests where just entering the theater at the same time we arrived to our seating.. there where open seating for the middle section, half way down which were vacant as quests where filtering in the regular entrance... we asked the CM if we could pass the ropes and proceed to another open seating area, of course he said yes and thus we had better seating than the reserved. :king:

First of all the lack of any preshow entertainment was disappointing... even a mime act would have been welcomed here, we resulted in lame wave attempts which where our only source of entertainment for well over an hour, it's unusual to think of any amount of time over 30 min at Disney without the presence of some kind of performance, yes a couple of my favorite Streetmosphere actors in there with simple antics would be a great time and certainly a different show for us repeat guests. I would imagine a list of up-and-coming improve/comedy performers would enjoy the opportunity to add to their resume.

Second, I design theater sets and effects, and pay attention to alot more equipment than the average audience member, I notice the anemometers, Infrared array, scrim material, guidewires and lanyards. I have to scope out alot of the technical stuff in hopes to use them someday in my productions. It's fascinating for me to see these things and study their uses during the show. :lookaroun

Jerry Schauer
Commando Imagineer

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom