Fantasmic rehab

Originally posted by JLW11Hi
I remember the first time I saw Fantasmic!...they did a ton of stuff before the show started to keep guests occupied, like CMs just joking around while they were selling stuff, then they had the 2 "main" CMs with microphones getting waves going and doing trivia games, and it was a lucky night for the audience because the guy that designed the stage for Fantasmic! had dropped by and talked a little bit before the show (I don't remember what he said, but he did mention that he designed the set...and then he got a "flash photography" wave going! This was a wave where they had everyone get their cameras out and turn the flash on....then they had ALL the main lights turned off (like they do for the actual show) and had everyone take pictures in a "wave-like" motion, from left side to right side. It was a really cool effect! The flashes going off had a cool twinkling effect! I wish I had a video camera at the time.)

ANyways....the last few times I've been there, they've done less and less to keep the audience entertained. Last year they just did a wave then they played "who let the dogs out" or "YMCA", but not much else to interacct with the audience...and this past year I was there they didn't do anything! They just started the show without any CMs entertaining the audience. I mean, its not that big of a deal, but I was just wondering if eanyone else has noticed this lack of a "pre-show" and why they wouldn't do it anymore? I would guess that it varies time to time....maybe its more popular during the summer.

....oh, and good riddance to darkennon.

Oh yes, i totally remember the first time i saw fantasmic! we did the flash wave with our cameras!! It was really cool! I also loved the jokes the preshow CM did....i remember one up furby and the teletubbies, my brother and i repeated them for WEEKS after we go back! I miss that down there.... :(

asics1cc

Pre Show

I've seen fantasmic probably a dozen times, and the only pre-show I've ever experienced was the wave. If you want to see a funny pre-show that will keep you entertained check out Cirque de Solei. (I know I spelled it wrong, but you get it)

JLW11Hi

Re: Pre Show

Originally posted by asics1cc
I've seen fantasmic probably a dozen times, and the only pre-show I've ever experienced was the wave. If you want to see a funny pre-show that will keep you entertained check out Cirque de Solei. (I know I spelled it wrong, but you get it)

Ha! Defenetly, but Cirque itself show is so incredibly awesome itself!

disneyfan123

Ok is Fantasmic closing for rehab during September???

The official WDW Rehab list states that the only attraction which will be closed during September at MGM is the Animation Tour!!!

I am soooooo confused!!!

*** ONLY 25 DAYS TO GO ***
I CANNOT WAIT....

:hammer: :sohappy: :hammer: :sohappy: :hammer: :sohappy:

DF123

RogueHabit

Originally posted by disneyfan123
As with ToT & RnRC I am beginning to doubt these rumours as there is no official notification from WDW and guest services didn't know anything about it when I rang them

Doesn't mean it won't be happening, but there does come a point when Disney must limit the number of attractions closed for rehab, even in the supposed 'quiet periods' otherwise they're just ging to have a lot of very unhappy campers to deal with...

dickieandsam

Originally posted by disneyfan123

The official WDW site has got Fantasmic posted on the events for september if you go on the hours for september. I hope the rumors for Fantasmic and ToT and RnR are false, MGM is my favourite park and we're going in 46 days!!! :sohappy:

meanmice

I saw fantasmic this weekend and I think it needs to go down for some sort of rehab. One day it was supposed to play twice, but they couldn't get the dragon back into the mt. so they cancelled the second show. The next day we went to see it and the dragon did come out, but the snake didn't move and the Beauty and the Beast float didn't come out. Also the canoe guys need more practice. One of them hit the mt. so hard and in such a way that we were concerned that someone was hurt or fell out.

DisneyFan 2000

Maybe it is going for a rehab without you guys even noticing it. It's really no problem just to take parts of the show out so they can paint them and do what ever they need. Who ever is going in September try to notice differences in the show. If it is different than before that means some bits of the show are under rehab

DisneyFan 2000

Maybe it is going for a rehab without you guys even noticing it. It's really no problem just to take parts of the show out so they can paint them and do what ever they need. Who ever is going in September try to notice differences in the show. If it is different than before that means some bits of the show are under rehab

aim

Man, I really need to get on here more often! I seem to miss alot :lol:

I have seen Fantasmic tons of times. The only things that I have noticed that haven't been the same are things like the dragon. Stuff that happens right at the last moment. But like some one said (it was a few pages back I think), everytime I have seen it, it was all right along with the soundtrack. So, nothing major has changed since it has opened.
*BTW*
Does anyone else have the soundtrack to Fantasmic? I do. And absolutly love it! :p

:wave:

pepsistar

:) babe-- Is the Fantasmic on a seperate CD or with something else? I was going to look for it, and I did not get a chance last time. :( Wonder if the Disney store might have it?

Sure do wish we could get a video of it!!!:D I keep trying but-- either it rains, someone KEEPS getting up in front of me when I am taping, people start standing up when the boat comes ( HOW can they do that??? not see the end! ) and I can not get the end without heads, heads, !!! or something!

Anyone know if one is available? I thought I had gotten one of Tapestry of Nations but it was just parts-- of it not the whole thing:cry: :goodnevil

Sure would be nice if we could get one with ROE and Fantasmic on it Hummmmmm:lookaroun :D

Originally posted by meanmice
I saw fantasmic this weekend and I think it needs to go down for some sort of rehab. One day it was supposed to play twice, but they couldn't get the dragon back into the mt.

That kind of stuff has been happening since the beginning. That is the beauty of live theater!

aim

Originally posted by pepsistar
:) babe-- Is the Fantasmic on a seperate CD or with something else? I was going to look for it, and I did not get a chance last time. :( Wonder if the Disney store might have it?

Seperate CD. I'm not sure where we bought it. But I'm sure you can find it at MGM :wave:

Coasterbp

Fantasmic is not scheduled for any rehab any time soon, and none of the major show elements are scheduled to be taken out of show any time soon as well. So all during Sept-Oct, you should be seeing a normal show.

Meanmice....you said you went this weekend to watch Fantasmic? Which day exactly? Was it Wednesday?

Sometimes there are days when one thing leads to another at Fantasmic, and nothing seems to work right. That could have been one of those days.

pepsistar

:) mary poppins-- Sorry everyone, a little thread drift-- I see that you are in entertainment. Have you been in any of the shows? parades? Fantasmic perhaps? Do the same people do the show all of the time? I would imagine they have a few different cast members for all parts.

When we saw it last time the little mermaid, Ariel, sure looked like the same one who was in the show during the day. Is that possible?:lookaroun :)

meanmice

Originally posted by Coasterbp
Meanmice....you said you went this weekend to watch Fantasmic? Which day exactly? Was it Wednesday?

No, I saw it Sat. when they couldn't get the dragon into the mt. A cm told me that they were having computer troubles and had been working on it all day. this is when they didn't have the second show. I saw it again on Sun. and the dragon was there, but the snake didn't move. I'm sure it was because it was rainy out. Wed. I was at illuminations and some of the people had said that they cancelled the second show due to the rain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom