Famous Stars/Celebrities at the Parks

egionet

During my CP, I saw Mariah Carey, Clay Aiken, Sean Astin, Marie Osmond, and an Extreme Makeover: Home Edition family. I helped put Dave Chappelle and his family on Winnie the Pooh. I watched Specto with Michael Chiklis (from The Shield and The Commish) and his daughters. And the highlight was putting Steven Tyler on the Teacups with his family.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
egionet said:
I helped put Dave Chappelle and his family on Winnie the Pooh. I watched Specto with Michael Chiklis (from The Shield and The Commish) and his daughters.
That is AWESOME :sohappy: :lol:

CrashNet

egionet said:
During my CP, I saw Mariah Carey, Clay Aiken, Sean Astin, Marie Osmond, and an Extreme Makeover: Home Edition family. I helped put Dave Chappelle and his family on Winnie the Pooh. I watched Specto with Michael Chiklis (from The Shield and The Commish) and his daughters. And the highlight was putting Steven Tyler on the Teacups with his family.
NICE. Suddenly the TWO people I saw is NOTHING.

I saw Doogie (aka Doogie Howser), and Joey Fatone backstage with his wife and daughter. Not many celebrities come through Innoventions. :lol:

bsandersjr

Clark Griswold said:
I also saw Aaron Brooks, the old QB from the Bengals and the Saints at the ESPN Club on my last trip.

He played for the Packers, our beloved Saints, and now Oakland.

Now, if you saw an ex-Bengals, ex-Saints QB, it may have been Jeff Blake.

egionet

MichelleMaBelle said:
Ok now that is awesome!

That was one of the nice things about working Fantasyland attractions; everyone brings their kids there, including celebrities. Plus our parade section includes priorty seating on the Liberty Square bridge.

bdinger

In the early 90s, we were staying at the Beach Club. While hanging out in the arcade and waiting for a table at Beaches & Cream, we ran into two of the kids from Home Improvement. They were pretty cool, and even took the time for pictures. I think they were doing appearances in the Studios at the time, and must have been staying at the Yacht/Beach Club.

Gospel Bill

________ Vitale

I saw Dickie Vitale (I have to write Dickie, becuase it edits out his real name lol) come out of Columbia Harbor House while I was waiting on my wife to get her food. He had on a hat and sunglasses and he was with his family. I recognized him immediatly but I didn't say anything because I always figure they'd like to be left alone. Then he came over to me and started talking to my kids. I just sat there and acted like he was some random guy. Pretty cool experience though.

sarajo

We've seen George Lucas (coming out of The Festival of the Lion King), Gary Sinise (he was staying at our resort), the guy who plays Tad Martin on All My Children, Barry Bonds (at Rainforest- Downtown Disney), President Jimmy Carter (got to have dinner with him!), the Sultan of Brunei (also staying at the same resort), Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgewick (their car almost ran over some of our group) LeVar Burton (again... staying at the same resort), and our favorite was seeing Robin Williams. His suite was two floors and over a bit from our room. Hubby was sitting on the deck outside our room when Robin stepped onto his deck. He greeted my husband with a smile and a wave, and then I came outside and also saw him. He just grinned for me, though!

If you look close enough, you will probably see some celebrity there at any given time. Some try to move around undetected... but the guide in the plaid vest will often times give them away. It's hard to not notice the plaid vest!!! But then sometimes, the guide will wear their casual outfit, if the celebrity REALLY wants to be unnoticed. (this was told to me by a friend, who is a guest relations guide, and has been one for several years.) Celebrity sightings are fun-- some of them are very considerate and willing to say hi or stop for a photo.

joelleharbert

I saw the UConn men's basketball team on Big Thunder Railroad in '94 during March Madness. ESPN was following them around like they were actually celebrities. Other than that, sorry. We always go in Sept. and I don't think many celebs go then (or normal folks like us, for that matter). It's always dead in Sept!!:p

Clark Griswold

Original Poster
I messed up earlier; I meant to say that I saw JEFF BLAKE the old QB from the Saints and Bengals. I accidently said Aaron Brooks:lookaroun.

"Please help us maintain the dignity of our hall."

bsandersjr

Clark Griswold said:
I messed up earlier; I meant to say that I saw JEFF BLAKE the old QB from the Saints and Bengals. I accidently said Aaron Brooks:lookaroun.

I live right outside of New Orleans, and met Jeff Blake twice. He is a very laid back "Down to earth" guy.

VoiceGuy07

We saw Sylvester Stallone at the Grand Floridian and Jean-Claude Van Damme at the Magic Kingdom. Both were on the property for the grand opening of Planet Hollywood.

On a separate trip, Emeril Lagasse was with his family in the Magic Kingdom pushing a stroller around.

And a few years ago, I saw Travel Channel's Samantha Brown in EPCOT taping Great Hotels, saw her again later that night at the Beach Club on her way to the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

darthjohnny

VoiceGuy07 said:
And a few years ago, I saw Travel Channel's Samantha Brown in EPCOT taping Great Hotels, saw her again later that night at the Beach Club on her way to the Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Wow! That episode was just on today! Pretty cool!

carenyllie

Well not at Disney, but.....

When Disney Cruise just started I went on an agent fam trip and when we got to Castaway Cay, Denise Austin was taping one of her shows there. I have always wondered how she and crew got there since she wasn't on our ship and she stayed after we left.

p.s. For those of you who didn't know, Denise A. does aerobic TV shows.

metscool

Britteny Spears. The year that she did the concerts at Downtown Disney. She was in a store then we walk away because she had people around her and the camar crew there too. Then like 10 minutes later we saw her agian. This time she was walking to the Rainforest Cafe. I took a lot of pictures. Then we saw her outside the Cafe with no bodyguards. I akmost went to her and asked for her autograph but she went inside after we saw her.

Rosenrot

So far, the best ones you have all seen - in my opinion, at least - were George Lucas and Sean Astin.

o_O I wish I would see someone when we go in November...maybe I'll get lucky and see someone REALLY exciting, but I think we're just there during a soap opera weekend, and well...I don't follow any soaps *sigh*

It would be amazing to see someone of signifigance though....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom