Famous Stars/Celebrities at the Parks

DDCT4U

some favorites:
Mariah Carey (she made them paint her suite at the G-Flo PINK and she got the entire train station to herself for Wishes one week when she flew in just to "catch the fireworks")
Britney Spears (pre In The Zone era)
Paris and Nicky Hilton (i'm looking for the picture)
Madonna's Kids
N*Sync comes monthly
Julie Andrews
Roy Disney with his grandkids

RICOUK

I saw Hulk Hogen years ago riding the Dumbo ride in MK. (probably was taking a break from filming Thunder In Paradise in EPCOT.) It was my first visit to WDW.

Bosshogg1701

I have seen 3 celebrities at Disney over the years.

Hulk Hogan during his Thunder in Paradise years
James Doohan(Scotty from Star Trek)walking around in MGM
Jon Bon Jovi eating with his family in the Crystal Palace earlier this year in March

VoiceGuy07

If I were a celebrity (especially a rich celebrity), I would probably find it frustrating to have all that money to go to WDW as often as I like, but not be able to do it without anonymity and privacy.

Yeah, there are VIP guides to help you out, but it gets a little awkward when he/she is there sharing dinner at a restaurant with you (I have seen this).

I know, boo-hoo, right? :lol:

OK, I'll bite! It's the price of being a celebrity. Without the recognition they crave, they would crawl in a hole and die. Yea, let's vacation at the largest, most crowded, most well known, vacation destination in the universe. You want to be anonymous, be a librarian in Kentucky. No offense intended to librarians or the state of Kentucky.

George Foreman. He was sheltered off at the Main Street train station, but he was really cute, every time someone would yell his name, he would smile and wave.

And...don't know if this counts, but to me Ron Jaworski is a celebrity...saw him at the Philly airport when we were on our way to WDW, and I'm saying to my then-husband- "Is that Ron Jaworski???" To which he replies yes and then completely shushes me and won't let me go over and say hi. And then later we walk by him again and he's chowing a hot dog and chatting to regular folks...I was so mad that I didn't follow my instinct.

goofntink

Over the years have seen in the following order,Hulk Hogan,Susan Lucci,Alice Cooper,Howard Stern,Tom Wopat,Regis And Kathie Lee, Larry the Cable Guy,Regis and Kelly, and Alton Brown.

schro513

During the summer I worked on the CP, I was a seating host at the Hollywood Brown Derby. We had a good bit of traffic from some of the more high profile guests that came through the park. The highlight of my summer was when I got to be the main seater when Meatloaf and his crew came in--I know can proudly claim that I put a napkin in Meatloaf's lap!!:lol:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
hmmm

I met Michael from Extreme Makeover Home editions, Kyle Petty (NASCAR), and Michelle Kwan, I saw Bruce Jenner (he was staying a few doors down from me at the AK in March), Gloria Estefan, Smash Mouth, Bare Naked Ladies, Ashanti, Paige from Extreme makeover home edition, Paige from Trading Spaces, Corey from That's so Raven, the Cheetah girls. I can't think of anyone else right now...

Pam

CrazyKidz2

I met Rosie O' Donnel at AK and Drew Carry when I got off of RRC at MGM!!!

Rosie was wonderful!! :)

Drew Carry on the other hand was very rude! I loved his show and was a big fan! I went up to him and said hi and was looking for a pen "took me literally 5 seconds" But he told me if I didn't have a pen, then to step to the side! :(

barkatozz

On my way to WDW last year, Rick Springfield was in front of me in the metal detector line @ Phila. International.....he had played in Atlantic city the night before.

GymLeaderPhil

Recently it was Andy D_ick at Disneyland. I do remember those Star of the Day events at the Disney-MGM-Studios - I've always wondered why they canned that idea.

And for all of you who haven't spotted a famous person all you have to do is look for plaid and boom you're bound to find a celebrity.

sharon516

ya, i was there too when andy was there in Disneyland...

:p
Recently it was Andy D_ick at Disneyland. I do remember those Star of the Day events at the Disney-MGM-Studios - I've always wondered why they canned that idea.

And for all of you who haven't spotted a famous person all you have to do is look for plaid and boom you're bound to find a celebrity.

We met Chris Kirkpatrick from N'Sync in EPCOT and said hello.
The next day he saw us first in MK, remembered us and approached us.
We chatted for awhile. He's really a very nice guy!

AUGGHHH!! I am so jealous. Did you ask him to sing "Shiny Teeth"? Used to be I loved Chris Kirkpatrick for being in 'N Sync...now "we" adore him for being Chip Skylark. Yep, that's the sound of me getting older (not like, at 30, when I was young and hip and liked 'N Sync.)

dmmgp2000

Steven Tyler was at Magic Kingdom last night (11/21). My group and I were waiting to board Pirates and he came down the ramp in the loading area. After the ride, he was in the gift shop for a good 15 minutes.

natalia1681

Steven Tyler was at Magic Kingdom last night (11/21). My group and I were waiting to board Pirates and he came down the ramp in the loading area. After the ride, he was in the gift shop for a good 15 minutes.

I have just died of jealousy.

One time I walked smack into Vanessa Williams in the Wonders of Life pavilion, if that gives you any indication of how long ago it was:lookaroun I said excuse me and kept walking. I got about 10 feet and thought, "Huh. That was Vanessa Williams."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom