Famous Stars/Celebrities at the Parks

LilRoo714

I saw gold medalist figure-skater Kristi Yamaguchi (sp?), her new baby, her young daughter and her mother walking through Fantasyland with a GR guide. I saw a family from Extreme Home Makeover if you'd consider them celebrities! :wave:

col

LilRoo714 said:
I saw a family from Extreme Home Makeover if you'd consider them celebrities! :wave:

that show is really good. sometimes its very emotional.

how did you know that they where on EM:HE did they have t-shirts on or something like that or did the camera crew give it away?

JEDIsney

BellaBabe729 said:
WWE wrestler Chris Benoit at Magic Kingdom in 2004. Apparently Edge was there too, but I didn't see him.
Haha, it might just be me, but I just can't see Chris Benoit skipping around the Magic Kingdom, among other things there. I would have paid to see that.

casconi

of course I couldnt "SEE" him, but I heard James Earl Jones' voice commentating my entire trip once...it was really weird, I couldnt figure out where he was watching me from!

Teenchy

I think many of us have "Seen" stars when they are performing or being paid to be at WDW. But the only "stars" I have seen just on vacation at WDW with their families were several Washington Redskin players from the early 90's (I'm a big Skins fan so most people didnt know who they were). Art Monk, Jeff Bostic and Charles Mann & families at TL riding the water slides.

I have seen several singers/musicians and their friends and family from the NOJ concerts at the parks during the day before the concerts. Avalon, Mercy Me, Steven Curtis Champman, etc.

And most obscure and not really a star..but a reality show person...Ibis from MTV Real World/Road Rules. She and her family sat next to us at the CandleLight Processional 2 years ago.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Teenchy said:
I think many of us have "Seen" stars when they are performing or being paid to be at WDW. But the only "stars" I have seen just on vacation at WDW with their families were several Washington Redskin players from the early 90's (I'm a big Skins fan so most people didnt know who they were). Art Monk, Jeff Bostic and Charles Mann & families at TL riding the water slides.

I have seen several singers/musicians and their friends and family from the NOJ concerts at the parks during the day before the concerts. Avalon, Mercy Me, Steven Curtis Champman, etc.

And most obscure and not really a star..but a reality show person...Ibis from MTV Real World/Road Rules. She and her family sat next to us at the CandleLight Processional 2 years ago.
Did you talk to any of these people?

BellaBabe729

JEDIsney said:
Haha, it might just be me, but I just can't see Chris Benoit skipping around the Magic Kingdom, among other things there. I would have paid to see that.

LMAO!

I guess he was there with the annual group of kids that the WWE takes to Disney World every year. I know Trish Stratus went one year as well. When I saw him he was being interviewed in the grass outside the castle.

DisneyLindz

My family and I saw Hulk Hogan with his wife and kids on our 1999 trip.
He had the whole hulk motif going on.....you know the wrestling shirt, bandana on his head, mustache and pack. Yes, I said pack. We've got pictures to prove it. :lol:

Simba One

Cheetah Girls...but I didn't know who they were until my wife told me. They were being filmed for something while watching Cinderellabration. It's a living, I guess. :rolleyes:

darthjohnny

JEDIsney said:
Finally, another Natalie and Keira lover!

I really hope that the Audio Animatronic of Elizabeth is placed into the ride. I heard here on the boards that Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner were supposedly rumored to be added to the ride sometime next year, but I don't know if that's really going to happen. I sure hope it does, though.

And if Keira ever does go to Disney for a promotional reason, where it would be planned and announced beforehand, I would buy my own plane ticket and go there by myself to see her.

To have my favorite person, Keira, at my favorite place, Walt Disney World, would make my dream come true. Hey! Maybe I can use that for the new Dreams promotion.

Right on!:sohappy:

wdwordz

A few years ago we saw Kathy Lee Gifford in The 50's Prime Time Cafe at MGM. She and her daughter and other friends were seated at a table directly across from me, so I proudly tell folks I had lunch with Kathy Lee!

We met Jim Fowler in 2004 at Downtown Disney Marketplace. We first met his wife, who does beautiful paintings. We bought a print and talked to her for a long time because there really was no one around. She told us to come back later and Jim would be there and autograph the print for us, so we did.

We saw Marlee Matlin this past December but that was at the Candlelight Processional.

novanoto

I've actually had the pleasure of seeing some very random celeb's at the world. My buddy and I met Vin Diesel on Splash Mountain, in between when he was whisked to the log from a back entrance, and when he got up to look at his "deleted" picture. Then, in 2004, we met Michael Phelps (Olympic Swimmer) in the Magic Kingdom, while walking over the Tomorrowland Bridge. Again in 2004, we met Lou Pearlman (manager for Backstreet and *nsync) and Ryan Cabrera in Alfredo's in Epcot, and then chatted with them while watching Illuminations. Random, but a few. Not too bad for my first post!!

Piebald

I loaded Jason Kidd and his family about a month ago and the drummer of New Found Glory came up to me and remembered me back from HS :lol:

DisneyFreak1978

in 2002 - For those of you who are from the UK reading this,we bumped into Peter Beardsley - the newcastle and england hero in the car park at downtown disney.
He was really nice and stopped to say hello as he was getting in his car!!

in 2003 we saw Hulk Hogan going into the house of blues in Downtown Disney.

Last Year we saw Keith Chegwin (another English legend) doing a feature for GMTV, he looked very grumpy actually but this is probably because i spotted him in Universal and not the magical world of Disney!!:lol:

jonesenon4

i think it was in 03 at epcot we were in line at epcot we saw hulk hogan walk by. he must of had a fast pass because he went to the front of the line and no one said anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom