Family claims white rabbit refused to touch kids (Disneyland)

HatboxGhost

With all due respect, this is just not a thread where we're going to have a healthy debate. Hardly anything is known about this claim yet everyone is ready to stone this family. It's 100% possible a racist employee snubbed some kid. Also possible try honestly misread it or made it all up. Bottom line is WE don't know.
I do agree that it should be investigated because, even though I think its nothing, it could be something. The main thing that gets me is, legit or not, I cant get past the fact that they went right for the racism angle. Why didnt they just make a complaint saying that they were not treated fairly?

Aulani_Princess

Here is something to consider: Would you have reacted differently had the family said something after only a month or two? I understand this is a sensitive situation for those involved, especially with kids involved. so taking to consider your actions makes sense. But six months, to me, is a long time not to speak up. I wonder if that is affecting how people are responding as well.

lazyboy97o

Did it take six months to speak or six months to reach this point? And even then, people sometimes take time to speak out when wronged.

Aulani_Princess

It took six months to reach the media, far as I can tell. I've seen people go to the media for things that happened only hours ago. I was just wondering if the time frame was influencing anyone's opinion.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
They do, I was just wondering since a few people commented on the time frame if it was an influence in their reaction.
My opinion hasn't changed at all as I just realized that this was six months ago, but it does reinforce my opinion that this family is grabbing at straws.

Why wold anybody think this was race related unless they were trying to play the public against the big bad Disneyland?

Everybody agrees that racism is wrong but there seems to be no proof except for one families perceived injustice.
  • Could it not be that the character was playing against something that he/she felt was some vibe coming from the child and/or parent?
  • Perhaps this was just playing against the personality of the character?
  • Why does this automatically become a race issue?
  • Why have we not heard more about the WHITE rabbit being racist against others except for this dad?

HatboxGhost

Ok, so is this a joke? I didnt read the whole article but as soon as I read that the familys last name was WHITE I stopped reading. First we have a black family named black and now a black family named white? Someone needs to verify this.
UPDATE.......So maybe it IS a real story.

wedway71

My opinion hasn't changed at all as I just realized that this was six months ago, but it does reinforce my opinion that this family is grabbing at straws.

Why wold anybody think this was race related unless they were trying to play the public against the big bad Disneyland?

Everybody agrees that racism is wrong but there seems to be no proof except for one families perceived injustice.
  • Could it not be that the character was playing against something that he/she felt was some vibe coming from the child and/or parent?
  • Perhaps this was just playing against the personality of the character?
  • Why does this automatically become a race issue?
  • Why have we not heard more about the WHITE rabbit being racist against others except for this dad?

The problem is too many times, the race card is played when something is NOT a race issue at all. Looking at my profile pic, clearly one can see what race I am BUT if I was a black person, I would be pretty ed off everytime this happened...All this does is "cry wolf" and when a REAL racial issue happens, nobody wants to accept it since it seems to be the norm now.

lazyboy97o

The problem is too many times, the race card is played when something is NOT a race issue at all. Looking at my profile pic, clearly one can see what race I am BUT if I was a black person, I would be pretty ed off everytime this happened...All this does is "cry wolf" and when a REAL racial issue happens, nobody wants to accept it since it seems to be the norm now.
But how do you know it was not race? How do you know that the attribution of race to the situation is incorrect? Are there not legitimate reasons for a person to be more sensitive? It is easy to claim how one would respond.

afar28

Pathetic. I'm sure the person in the rabbit suit isn't at all a racist, I'd be shocked if he was, and now he has a good chance of losing his job because of this. That's just wrong...

copcarguyp71

I see this as a case of opportunistic people looking for a payday and attention using a hot button issue to seek a payday...nothing more or less. Not saying other have to see it my way but it is my read on things.

Sadly I think they will probably get something monetary out of this just because the media had a slow news week.

Now here we go...do they have any proof of having turned down the tickets and $500 or any way to substantiate having been asked to sign a confidentiality agreement? Does or has Disney ever offered monetary compensation out of the till? I am not saying they have not but I have only ever heard of tickets, credit Etc and not cold cash.

lazyboy97o

If the Blacks are seeking monetary gain, why did they refuse Disney's offer and demand a non-monetary action on the part of Disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom