Family claims white rabbit refused to touch kids (Disneyland)

aw14

It is very sad that a lawsuit is filed, which further illustrates that the victims (term loosely used) are looking for financial gain. I truly would like to actually see the evidence that supports racism.

This is part of the reason that I have such a problem with our legal system. Could very well be a true waste of time, energy and money

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
also...(sorry if this was mentioned before) but did anyone notice that in the video where the family talks about how the White Rabbit treated white kids differently that it is not the same CM - at least not the same costume, unless the rabbit puts on his stop watch for one family and takes it off for the next one?
Could be the news just grabbed pics off the web of white kids with the White Rabbit n

I_heart_Tigger

Could be the news just grabbed pics off the web of white kids with the White Rabbit n

That's what I assumed happened but they kept talking about how the white kids were treated better and when they show photos while saying that it implies that they had been taken to prove that point. I'm sure someone has a photo of a black child being hugged by the White Rabbit to say, "See! Not racist...you're wrong now go away."

Since it obviously didn't happen at the time I think the photos are pointless and inflammatory.

bsiev1977

Maybe people who are local to DL could help me understand something. At DL, do the characters do walking around greetings, or are they structured as they are in Orlando? I ask because it seems at least like the second family making accusations were not in any kind of line. Could it be that their child wasn't in line, ran up to the character, and was "ignored" because the character was focusing in children who were waiting properly?

Californian Elitist

Maybe people who are local to DL could help me understand something. At DL, do the characters do walking around greetings, or are they structured as they are in Orlando? I ask because it seems at least like the second family making accusations were not in any kind of line. Could it be that their child wasn't in line, ran up to the character, and was "ignored" because the character was focusing in children who were waiting properly?

There are only a few designated meet and greets at the DLR. The majority of the characters at the parks roam freely in their themed areas, without character handlers.

bsiev1977

There are only a few designated meet and greets at the DLR. The majority of the characters at the parks roam freely in their themed areas, without character handlers.
So there is a possibility that the concerns of the two families who are suing are misunderstandings? If the greetings are more freestyle, the character in question was dealing with people that he saw first? Then the plaintiffs left after not having waited long, and are offended they weren't seen right away?
Something to consider I think.

Californian Elitist

So there is a possibility that the concerns of the two families who are suing are misunderstandings? If the greetings are more freestyle, the character in question was dealing with people that he saw first? Then the plaintiffs left after not having waited long, and are offended they weren't seen right away?
Something to consider I think.

Yes, that's possible. The thing is, what if this was the family's first visit? They could have been unaware of the mannerisms of the characters. Still, if this was the case, they shouldn't be receiving any money for something like that.

What if the person in the suit was being racist? You never know.

bsiev1977

Yes, that's possible. The thing is, what if this was the family's first visit? They could have been unaware of the mannerisms of the characters. Still, if this was the case, they shouldn't be receiving any money for something like that.

True. Unless the CMs who were in the suits confess something, we will never now the while truth. Unfortunately for Disney, the accusation, without any real evidence to support or refute, is damaging enough from a public relations standpoint.

Californian Elitist

True. Unless the CMs who were in the suits confess something, we will never now the while truth. Unfortunately for Disney, the accusation, without any real evidence to support or refute, is damaging enough from a public relations standpoint.

Right.

What was funny was I went up to the park a couple of days ago to grab a dole whip for my grandma and a corn dog for my sister, and the White Rabbit and the Queen of Hearts were both on Main Street interacting with guests.

bsiev1977

Right.

What was funny was I went up to the park a couple of days ago to grab a dole whip for my grandma and a corn dog for my sister, and the White Rabbit and the Queen of Hearts were both on Main Street interacting with guests.
Yeah, you'd think for now at least they'd keep the White Rabbit on lockdown, just so nothing more happens. From either standpoint.

The Empress Lilly

You never know indeed.

Maybe the guy in the White Rabbit suit is a paedophile. You never know....

Maybe the Rabbit is a girl. Maybe she is a serial killer. You never know...

We don't know indeed. That does not mean that therefore anything goes. It does not mean one is therefore at liberty to brandy about any wild accusation. No, no, because we don't know one ought to show utmost restraint before labelling somebody any of the above. One has to be pretty damn sure before accusing somebody of being a racist, or a kiddie fiddler, or what have you not. Certainly, a twenty second interaction, unspoken, with not even sign language or eye contact to go by, just sheer body langauge, is completely insufficient. Insufficient to make the strong, damning accusation that somebody snubs children on racist grounds. If it were up to me, TWDC would stand firm behind their employee and countersue the Blacks and Whites and their cunning lawyer for slander.

The Empress Lilly

I meant it in the sense that now the White Rabbit can possibly become a target for people trying to get in on the sue Disney for racism bonanza.
I understand.

Then again, keeping the White Rabbit inside could be explained as an admissiion of guilt, at least of controversy. Better to stay firmly aloof. If anybody has any accusation against the Rabbit or his friends, let them show it. Until then, it is business as usual.

I, for one, am a big Alice in Wonderland fan and always enjoy their characters being out and about. Why should Isuffer because of some goldigging lawyer?

The Empress Lilly

Now this is why entertainment at DL is so much better, feels so much more spontaneous. WDW is a factory, Disney magic on an industrial scale. DL is warm and intimate, authentic.

The Empress Lilly

Well to be fair the system at DL just wouldn't work at WDW, I don't think, because of the crowds and all the tourists you guys get. I would imagine it being a madhouse.
In WDW characters that are out and about would get mauled. If they hadn't been ran over first by eighty chanting and clapping Brazilians.

Quite sad really. Once upon a time, in WDW too characters would just roam about freely, interacting with guests. So much more fun thatn rigid m&g's.

awoogala

Well to be fair the system at DL just wouldn't work at WDW, I don't think, because of the crowds and all the tourists you guys get. I would imagine it being a madhouse.

It used to! As a child I went from 1974- 1990 every year, and characters were a hit and miss, if you saw them you ran to them kind of thing. No 20 minute line, no buildings, etc. It was always a nice surprise, and not nearly so stressful! (and no one had the me, me, me mentality, we all seemed to wait patiently in a semi-circle.)

Californian Elitist

In WDW characters that are out and about would get mauled. If they hadn't been ran over first by eighty chanting and clapping Brazilians.

Quite sad really. Once upon a time, in WDW too characters would just roam about freely, interacting with guests. So much more fun thatn rigid m&g's.

It used to! As a child I went from 1974- 1990 every year, and characters were a hit and miss, if you saw them you ran to them kind of thing. No 20 minute line, no buildings, etc. It was always a nice surprise, and not nearly so stressful! (and no one had the me, me, me mentality, we all seemed to wait patiently in a semi-circle.)

:( Funny how things work at first, then they don't. That really sucks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom