F & W, MVMCP, & Space Mountain Photo Fest!

Well we are back from 9 days at the World! It was great but I cannot believe it is already over! :(
I have a ton of pics and we did so much that it may take me a bit to get this finished but I thought I would go ahead and start.

We arrived on Friday November 6th noonish just as the shooting that I am sure you all heard about was happening. The first thing that I noticed was that there was a helicopter hovering near a building, then I saw like 4 more and we start seeing more police than I have ever seen in my entire life. We barely made it through before they shut down I-4 and as we drove on through near the building where it happened there were officers with assault rifles pointed at the building. Needless to say we were very freaked out and it put a somber mood on our arrival. (Prayers to the families that were affected by this very sad event.)

We arrived at POP and was able to check right in and go to our room, a very nice surprise! I did use the online check-in and it was great. No line just walk up get your packet and off to unload. We were in the 80's building which was what I was hoping for. I really enjoyed our stay there, very clean and not noisy at all like I had heard that it was. (at least our room) I know I have better pics of POP that I will post later but this is the one I snapped going into our room.

102_5391.jpg

So after taking everything in it was straight to MK.. which was really crowded at least to me, I think we are spoiled by going in September when crowds are much lower.

DH snapped this as my feet hit my beloved Main Street once again!! I can't believe I am posting it but it is funny so ... lol

102_5408.jpg

Christmas decorations were beautiful and I tried to snap as many as I could so much more to come later.
102_5410.jpg

102_5414.jpg

102_5416.jpg

We headed to Frontierland as always to take a ride on Splash but after seeing the wait (40 mins) we fastpassed it and went to have lunch at Pecos Bills (another first day tradition) After finishing up there it was time to ride my favorite ride and we got totally soaked which is great in September not so great when it is only 75!

We wandered over to Tomorrowland to see the walls at Space Mountain and the new green signage before heading over to the F & W Festival at EPCOT. Interesting to note that on that first day at Space the walls were all around and you could not get close that would change soon when the walls were removed and I was able to take more pictures. (this one was taken near the entrance on Sunday or Monday I think.. days run together
I paid close attention to every detail and change because I wanted to ride it so bad.. which I did get to!
102_6092.jpg

F & W coming up....

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
102_5424.jpg

We fastpassed TT and the kids rode Mission Space while DH & I wandered the world. First thing on my mind was a Grand Marnier slushie! Then I picked up a scallop.. very tasty ended up going back for another!
102_5427.jpg

and another Grand Marnier..lol

102_5428.jpg

picked up a crabcake near the American Adventure. Good, not as good as mine but still good.
102_5452.jpg

102_5447.jpg

I love EPCOT at night but with the F & W festival it was even more fun. I have never seen that many intoxicated people in one place though that was kinda funny! Some people do not know their limits apparently.

Los Lobos at the Eat to the Beat-
102_5455.jpg

Did I forget to mention that we got up at 2:00 am for the drive down?? So we were all pretty much tired out and we had early ressies for Crystal Palace on our first full day so we headed back to the resort.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Up and at it early for breakfast, I love walking into a nearly empty Main Street.
102_5473.jpg

102_5474.jpg

We normally go in September but since we could not this year we decided to celebrate our anniversary a little late. This was waiting for us at our table-
102_5478.jpg

Mickey Waffles!

102_5481.jpg

102_5483.jpg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
We hit Splash,BTMRR and then walked around the corner where I finally saw......... Cowboy Goofy! DD & I are character hunters so this was a major score!

102_5507.jpg

102_5504.jpg

102_5502.jpg

Walked back over to Tomorrowland after hitting HM & Philharmagic, the park was very quiet on this morning more like what we are used to. We did Buzz & Monsters Inc. pretty quickly then took a ride on the TTA.. where I was hoping maybe the lights were on but there were not this time we could however hear the trains cycling which got me very excited so I walked over after the ride and asked what the chances were of there being a soft opening the week we were there and I was told there would not be, that they had hoped to but there would be none. :zipit:

Tomorrowland stage-

102_5513.jpg

We then headed to AK and ran into.... Brer Rabbit!!! Another score!

102_5516.jpg

We then headed straight to EE

102_5520.jpg

DH snapped pics from uptop. The bird is working btw and the Yeti looked better to me than last trip he looks like he is crouched but has more movement there than last time.

102_5524.jpg

102_5547.jpg

102_5548.jpg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
We hung out at AK awhile longer riding PW and Dinosaur and several more rides on Everest before heading off to EPCOT to eat at the Coral Reef for dinner. We had an amazing server here.. he was hilarious.. so thank you Kevin! I am really bad about not remembering to take pics of food but did get these of dessert.

102_5568.jpg

102_5569.jpg

We also very bravely took in the Sum of All Thrills after eating with a teen and pre-teen. I enjoyed it but have to say I was not expecting the upside down part to feel so real and of course the kids used the max of six inversions!

100_6821.jpg

One thing that we did alot of this trip was park hop! I don't think we spent an entire day at any one park and on our last day believe it or not we actually did do all 4 parks in one day! MK twice that day so if you want to get technical we did 5 parks..lol

Next up Day 3 DHS and the last day of the F & W Festival!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
We arrived at DHS at opening to make the mad dash to Toy Story Midway Mania. I did not go pic happy this time as I took over 100 pics last year of just the ride and queue. We fastpassed and got in standby.

102_6219.jpg

Then it was off to ToT and I was terrified again. DH got some really mean footage of me screaming my head off the first ride but I did just like last year and got right back in line and rode it again. I now love this ride, not scared anymre and even let go! That is the coolest feeling ever. I think I spoiled some of everyone else's fun though because they loved that it scared me that bad. We ended up riding it at least 30 times this trip.

Some queue pics-

102_5588.jpg

102_5596.jpg

102_5600.jpg

Some random Christmas pics ( it was so cool to see each park get more decked out as the days went by)

102_5665.jpg

102_5575.jpg

102_6229.jpg

102_6228.jpg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
*patiently* waiting for more!!!

Thanks..lol =)

More DHS Christmas decorations..

102_5679.jpg

102_5658.jpg

102_5616.jpg

Loved the Muppet detail on this

102_5621.jpg

Me & DD with our annual Walt picture

102_5609.jpg

DH bein silly!
102_5610.jpg

Donald was kind enough to pose for me as he walked by going on break.

102_6234-1.jpg

Of course we had to hit RNRC..

Hidden Mickey!!

102_5932-1.jpg

102_5629-1.jpg

We watched Block Party Bash but I was too far back to get any decent pics then we headed to Pizza Planet to eat an early small supper before heading back to the Food & Wine festival.

Kids playing Guitar Hero, I had never seen one of the arcade versions.. they had a ball.

102_5667.jpg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Back to a very crowded F &W! Everyone was getting that last weekend in I guess but it was still fun. We got the scallop again for the kids and Beef tenderloin at Africa. (I forgot to take a pic of it, but it was very good.) And DD & I hit Japan for Sushi.. it was wonderful I got the Spicy Tuna Roll and she went with the California Roll.

102_5558.jpg

102_5557.jpg

A few more pics I snapped

102_6151-1.jpg

They moved the hidden Mickey lower since last year..

102_6146-1.jpg

102_6215-1.jpg

We headed in after walking around the world for a bit to start fresh the next morning at MK followed by dinner at Le Cellier!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
We hit MK and hit all of our favorites again including Monster's Inc Laugh Floor where the most priceless moment of the trip came when DS was Randall. He was like a deer in the headlights but DD came in saved him and helped make him invisible..lol

Some random pics from the day

Casey's Corner Pose

102_6034.jpg

Met Scrooge early before MVMCP which was a real treat, barely a line at all. DH and he fighting over a dollar

102_6081.jpg

I love Gerber Daisies so I had to snap a pic of these across from Aloha Isle

102_6039.jpg

Saw CoP of course and took in PotC

102_6101.jpg

Castle shots

102_5895.jpg

102_5896.jpg

and it was off to Le Cellier

102_5903.jpg

I can't remember when this tree was put out in Canada it may have been after we ate at Le Cellier I am not quite sure.

100_6832.jpg

The food and service was wondeful as usual and I forgot to take pics! We had the Mushroom Filet (2) New York Strip and Chicken. Dessert was Maple Creme Brulee (2) Smores and Chocolate Whiskey Cake

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
great report! cant wait to see more!

Thanks! :)

We hit the TTA one more time to see if anything had changed and it had walls were down now and lights up which was very exciting I tried to snap pics of the track but am not so good at moving pics with my crappy camera so anyway ..

It was off to Boma where we had dinner. It was good but not as good as it used to be. There are alot less items on the buffet now than before. Still enjoyed it though.

Wednesday was spent at AK & DHS. Christmas started appearing at AK as well today.

100_6891.jpg

100_6815.jpg

We rode EE several times, did the Safari, ate at Yak & Yeti, Dinosaur, PW- which is so dang rough! And saw Devine & It's Tough to be a Bug and Jungle Trek -

100_6702.jpg

100_6801.jpg

100_6671.jpg

100_6879.jpg

100_6889.jpg

100_6800.jpg

100_6689-1.jpg

oops got my pics out of order here!

Sweet Melissa

I've really enjoyed all the photos you've posted over the last few days. It looks like you all had a lot of fun, and I think you picked the best time of year to go. Being able to do Food & Wine and the Christmas party all in one trip is a dream!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I've really enjoyed all the photos you've posted over the last few days. It looks like you all had a lot of fun, and I think you picked the best time of year to go. Being able to do Food & Wine and the Christmas party all in one trip is a dream!

Thanks we really did have a great time and it was totally topped off the last day with a ride on Space Mountain! :)

Some more pics from Wednesday at DHS-

To think this guy was 3 when I took him here the first time.....

102_5928-2.jpg

102_5639-2.jpg

He still acts 3 though!

102_5937-2.jpg

DD dreamin with Walt

102_5952-2.jpg

102_5963-1.jpg

102_5969-2.jpg

we checked out and head to the Cape May Cafe for dinner.. Crab legs on th buffet!! Thought you had to pay seperate for those we ate our fill! yummy! Everything was really good there, we will be back.

102_6184-1.jpg

Thursday coming up dinner at Ohana's and plenty of MVMCP pics!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom