F & W, MVMCP, & Space Mountain Photo Fest!

Well we are back from 9 days at the World! It was great but I cannot believe it is already over! :(
I have a ton of pics and we did so much that it may take me a bit to get this finished but I thought I would go ahead and start.

We arrived on Friday November 6th noonish just as the shooting that I am sure you all heard about was happening. The first thing that I noticed was that there was a helicopter hovering near a building, then I saw like 4 more and we start seeing more police than I have ever seen in my entire life. We barely made it through before they shut down I-4 and as we drove on through near the building where it happened there were officers with assault rifles pointed at the building. Needless to say we were very freaked out and it put a somber mood on our arrival. (Prayers to the families that were affected by this very sad event.)

We arrived at POP and was able to check right in and go to our room, a very nice surprise! I did use the online check-in and it was great. No line just walk up get your packet and off to unload. We were in the 80's building which was what I was hoping for. I really enjoyed our stay there, very clean and not noisy at all like I had heard that it was. (at least our room) I know I have better pics of POP that I will post later but this is the one I snapped going into our room.

102_5391.jpg

So after taking everything in it was straight to MK.. which was really crowded at least to me, I think we are spoiled by going in September when crowds are much lower.

DH snapped this as my feet hit my beloved Main Street once again!! I can't believe I am posting it but it is funny so ... lol

102_5408.jpg

Christmas decorations were beautiful and I tried to snap as many as I could so much more to come later.
102_5410.jpg

102_5414.jpg

102_5416.jpg

We headed to Frontierland as always to take a ride on Splash but after seeing the wait (40 mins) we fastpassed it and went to have lunch at Pecos Bills (another first day tradition) After finishing up there it was time to ride my favorite ride and we got totally soaked which is great in September not so great when it is only 75!

We wandered over to Tomorrowland to see the walls at Space Mountain and the new green signage before heading over to the F & W Festival at EPCOT. Interesting to note that on that first day at Space the walls were all around and you could not get close that would change soon when the walls were removed and I was able to take more pictures. (this one was taken near the entrance on Sunday or Monday I think.. days run together
I paid close attention to every detail and change because I wanted to ride it so bad.. which I did get to!
102_6092.jpg

F & W coming up....

draybook

Fabulous trip report DisneyShe!!! I loved your pics of the Christmas decorations. I always cry my last day too. I finish every trip at the MK with my last ride always being HM. Traditions are one of the things I love most about going to Disney. Thanks for sharing. Your pics really made me miss my happy place. :wave:

Same here. We ended our trip on the HM last year and I was the very last guest on it! It was a perfect ending since it had been about 16 years since I had been to a Disney Park(DL).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom